Chapter 4. Training Start
13.5k 32 283
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It took way less time than I thought it might to even turn on the quirk; like when Midoriya first got, or was going to get his quirk. I guess the body remembers how, kinda like riding a bike.” I was staring at my hand with arcs of electricity flying across my fingertips. “Now how am I gonna get stronger than the original Denki?” I thought of a few other anime, or manga I read before that featured characters that controlled electricity to think of a few ideas. “Well before I do any of the big moves and I short circuit while becoming dumber, let's start with control.” I think for a bit before going to my desk and unplugging my lamp. Holding the prongs in my hand I start putting power through to see how I’m starting

 

The bulb instantly exploded sending glass everywhere. “I should have expected that.” I sigh as I pick up all the broken bits of glass I can see and brush the rest into the garbage. I take out the rest of the bulb still screwed in and toss that as well, while thinking of any better way to do this. As I screw in a new lightbulb a metaphorical one goes off in my head. I rush back to the kitchen and find an electronic hotplate. ‘This way all the excess power radiates heat safer… I think.’ I went to work on controlling the power I was using.

 

The more I practiced the more I started to respect Denki for not giving up in the show. This quirk is impossible to control. If what I’m thinking is right all the energy comes from the nervous system, so essentially it’s all neurons that are causing the electricity. The big question is if it all comes from the brain or if each nerve cell is used for this process.

“It’s starting to get late so I need to make something to eat.” I look over at the burner still tinged red. All I could do in my training was give so little it did nothing, or too much causing the hotplate to overheat. A few times I saw sparks go in between burner coils. ‘I should pick up another fire extinguisher.’ Why did I have the first one? I Didn't know, it was already here when I stole Denki’s body. I decided to make myself dinner and use the hotplate to continue the training. 

 

I finish up with dinner, ate it, clean all dishes and silverware, before putting them on a dryer rack. ‘Well now what? Even if I can get more precise control of the amount of power I’m using, what moves will open up if I can vary the amount of power I’m outputting?’ I headed back to my room, got dressed in just some briefs, and lied down on my bed. ‘Well one character I can think about that uses electricity would be Lee in Darker Than Black. Which reminds me why Denki's electricity hurt people, but Lee’s kills people? Well it’s not like I want to kill anyone, so I don’t mind that much.’

 

I decided to go back to my desk and start adding ideas for a costume, and gadgets to help on a hero’s journey until I nodded off to sleep. I opened my eyes to see a visage of my old self. I looked down to see, and I was still in Denki’s body. I looked back up to see that my other self was getting closer to me. “Are you me? Are you ok?” I slowly ask; unsure of where I even am. He stops and a smile slowly takes shape on his face. “Who are you?” He asks. “If you don’t even know who you are, what makes you think you can find time for others? Well I guess that’s what a hero truly needs above all else.” With his smile never fading, he slowly disappears before my eyes. 

 

I awoke with a start as my notebook fell to the floor. ‘Ugh, was that a dream? A message? Did it have some profound meaning? Why did it feel like I was both Denki and myself?’ All these questions rush through my head as another smaller headache takes hold. “Ok I already have training to do, and can’t lose focus. I only have summer to get the majority of my training done.” With that I change into some different clothes and go back to my hotplate in the kitchen. Making breakfast with it while controlling the power. While eating I was looking up some information on electricity. I know about as much as the next guy; ok maybe a bit more, but if this is my power I need to know as much as possible.

 

Electricity is essentially the movement of electrons from one atom to another. Amps is the amount used, Volts are the force the electrons are moving, and watts are those two multiplied; essentially its amount/speed/interval, and power combined to show the total work it can do. Amps also are the reason what makes electricity dangerous. Low amounts are fine, but the higher you go the worse it gets. 

It seems that Denki’s electricity is stuck in between 25 to around 70 mA. For it to act like a taser Denki used around this much with high voltage to deal the max amount of pain to make enemies pass out from it, while losing control of their muscles. ‘Add it to the list of other things I need to do. I need to work on multiple things at once, and maximize efficiency. Maybe while doing muscle training I can also work on electrical control. That could work, but what would I be using the electricity on?’ Then thoughts of Midoriya’s full cowling came to mind. “Wait, maybe I can just learn to keep it around my body, it may be good for me to get used to using electricity on myself.”

 

‘With that in mind, now I need to find a place to work out while using my quirk. Anything I touch will also have current running through it. Well stamina is probably a good idea to get the most since I can compensate for strength with my quirk, shocking everything I touch. However if I run out of juice no amount of muscle strength will save me, so run training it is.’ I make my decision, and get into some exercise clothing. Leaving the apartment I lock the door and head to the park. 

 

At the park I find a secluded area, and start jogging. While doing that I start arcing electricity around my hands, and start moving that feeling up my arms. ‘The more area I cover the more the electricity wants to arc to anything else; I have to keep it under control.’ While lost in my thoughts I take notice of a green haired boy carrying something while running in a tracksuit. ‘It couldn't be, but if it is, should I go talk to him? That could change the timeline, and make things much more difficult down the line. However I could help him understand his quirk better, and make him stronger.’

283