Chapter 16. Helping Hand
8.7k 11 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well I’m sure Midoriya has a good idea of what my quirk is.” I said trying to get the attention back to our intrepid hero. “Well I thought it was electrical discharge, but now I’m not so sure.” He says dejectedly “Well you are right about electricity, but that is as much as a hint I can give you all. A hero always has a card up his sleeve right?” They all ponder at what I told them, so before I left since I was the closest I left them a little advice. “The reason why I can do these things is because I understand the Physics of my quirk as best I can, the way you use your quirk can almost change what the quirk is.” And with that I was off letting them think about it.

 

As I was walking away I heard them theory craft what my quirk was, and how it worked. Some were close, but nobody hit the proverbial hammer on the head. I went back home, made myself dinner with my signature hotplate. Still performing my training even though I can almost do this while sleeping, honestly I kept it going while reading on my phone. After that was done I decided to focus back on my nerve control training. With equal parts controlling body parts with just my quirk I was hoping to possibly break Hitoshi Shinso’s brainwashing, and move my body without lag when I gain faster reaction time by overclocking my brain.

 

'The idea is both genius, and crazy. More on the crazy side if I’m being honest, but if I can pull it off. I may be fast enough to dodge bullets. See the flash, and use electricity to move my muscles instantly without waiting for the signal to go down from my brain. It will take a while to get it right but it will be well worth the wait. Next is pain tolerance.' I then smash my hand into a wall to get it to hurt, and feel a dull throb. As it turns out I have pain resistance at all times. I can just make it stronger when I want, and it stacks with the pain reliever that is adrenaline. "I just have to be careful I don’t pull a Midoriya and destroy my body beyond repair."

 

After having trained for an hour I went back into my room, and went to sleep thinking of the gadgets I’ll get to use, and the new abilities I want to use. ‘No way I’ll try messing with my mind, until I can essentially control my body only with nerve control.’ While thinking of the future I drifted off to sleep. Only to be rudely awoken in a black void again. Looking around all I could see was myself and black, telling me this was another dream. I waited for the other old me to show up, only to be met with a crying Denki looking down so I couldn’t see his eyes, but I saw the tears, and heard whimpering.

 

I slowly walked over to him as he kept weeping. He looked up at me with confusion, grief, and a little bit of anger in his eyes. Seeing him like this brought tears to my own eyes. We both knew each other's pain, we were one, I was dominate mostly because he didn't want to be. He was a child who didn’t want to go on in this world without the only people he had. I was much like him, and he knew it. “Why do we have to go through such things?” He whimpers. I hug him and realize I was in my old body again when I did this. “I don’t know why bad things happen to good people. We lost everything that mattered. For what? Why? I don’t know. Best I can say is to just remember all the happiness you had with them." 

 

"But now that I know that pain I never want to relive it again. Not even a little, not one thing. We have lost enough for both our lifetimes. Will you help me take care of our new family?” He continues to cry while nodding his head in my chest. I slowly opened my eyes, as the alarm rang. Tears still in my eyes, sadness, and grief still rampant. However, just a sliver of happiness.

226