Chapter 18. Team A vs. Team D
8.2k 9 216
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting dressed I started heading out to realize I was first. I guess my costume was quick and easy to put on. Standing in front of me is All Might flashing his big toothy grin. He is surprised to see me so quickly then looks me up and down. “Nice costume young man! Dark and stylish! What was your inspiration!?” ‘I don’t know if he is sincerely interested, or afraid one of Midoriya’s friends is gonna take a turn for villainy.’

 

“It is mostly based off of the pro hero Snipe. Except with the western motif I went more urban, and modern.” ‘No way I’m gonna tell him most of the design was from an anime assassin.’ “HAHAHA! I’m sure Snipe will be proud to be an inspiration to you!” I smiled partly because I did like Snipe, but also because I think All Might bought my half-lie. Soon after other students started walking out of their respective locker rooms.

 

Noticing me Ida, and Uraraka walk over and talk about both their costumes' looks, as well as asking questions about mine works. “Kaminari, are you sure you do not have too many gadgets!” Ida says while seemingly counting each one I have. “Yea and you won’t explain what each of them do.” I grinned “Well I can’t give anything away if I’m fighting against either of you.” They both stopped and looked at each other. “It is unfair that we have described what our suits do without you doing the same.” “Yea it’s not fair that you already have a leg up on us with your unknown quirk, and now you have tools you won't tell us about.” 

 

I put my hands up in surrender “I never asked for the info, you two just gave it to me.” I said with a smirk, as they both looked away in embarrassment, and indignation. “However since we are friends I will tell you about one of my tools.” They both looked at one gadget that held their interest as I took off my goggles. “These help keep dust, debris, and anything else from getting into my eyes.” I said with a bright smile as they looked back at me with a deadpan expression.

 

I started laughing and told them that I will reveal one gadget each after the class is over. That is when Midoriya came out with his bunny eared costume looking at all of us before his eyes fell on me. “Whoa what do all these do?” He says pointing at my reel of wire hidden in my jacket. “Good eye Mid-” “Oh you can call me Deku now.” He cuts me off. I was stunned for a second. “Are you sure?” “Yea that is gonna be me from now on. Someone who always does his best!” Seeing him smile like that I couldn’t turn him down, but as I was about to speak All Might cut us off with the rules of the game.

 

I sort of tuned him out, no offence, but I have l already seen this before. So I will just skip to the matchings. Everybody got the same pairings that were on the show, the only problem was the show did a bad job saying who was fighting who outside Deku, and Bakugo. 

Before Deku was off with Uraraka I pulled him aside to give him a pep talk. “Deku, Bakugo is a bully, and the only sure fire way to stop one is to be the stronger person. He has a superiority complex backed up with narcissism. Unfortunately I’m fairly certain you were feeding into that.” He looks away in shame “It’s fine its time to wake him up, and remind him the world does not revolve around him, and that he has to work for being #2 hero right behind you Mr. #1.” He looks surprised at me as I give him a reassuring pat on his back to push him toward Uraraka. “You can do it Deku!” 

216