Chapter 22. Tests End
7.5k 3 216
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I met up with Jiro on our way back to the viewing room. She had a slight smile I assume was derived from respect for me keeping my word. “Well good news for me. I won't have this loss on my back forever.” She giggled “Yes it would have bothered me to have to remind you everyday, so we can both be thankful for that.” ‘Dang this girl always has something snarky to say, where does she think of all this so quickly?’ We made it back to the viewing room first. While waiting for Momo and Mineta most of the class jumped at me asking many questions. Luckily there were few cameras on the outside of the building, so they couldn’t get a good look at what I did.

 

“How did you get to the third floor?” “What is your quirk?” and a few others. However those two stood out the most. “Wait, I'm gonna tell you how I got up as soon as everyone is here.” Many waited eagerly for Momo and Mineta to come back. When they did, many expected me to start. “Well Deku isn't here sooo…” They all groaned. “Kaminari I believe it would be best to explain, so we can move on with class as soon as possible.” I chuckled “Serious as always I see. Huh Ida? Ok I have a grappling system in my trench coat.” 

 

I swung my arm to let the wire fly out of my sleeve. As it caught Deku’s bag on the floor, I brought it over to me. “And I will take care of this since Deku is in the Medical bay.” All Might was the first to break the silence. “That is very good, young man. Many heroes rely on gadgets to be effective in battle. Remember young heroes, it is always good to think about what may help you control or use your quirk in a new way!” “But that doesn’t help him with his quirk.” Kirishima said, looking confused.

“Well I wouldn’t want to be touching that wire when he is in his ‘2nd gear’ as he calls it!! HAHA!” That is when it clicked in most people's heads, the others already thought about it like that. Then everyone turned to look at me with a multitude of emotions. Fear, intrigue, amazement, rivalry, and anger. That last one was Bakugo of course. ‘Some guy with a quirk you don’t know exactly how it works. Becomes friends with your quirkless punching bag the same time he gains a quirk, it is suspicious.’

 

After our evaluation there was only one group left for the exercise. While they were going at it, I was just resting. I didn’t use any battery power for the exercise, but I charged all the batteries while waiting. So now I am trying to increase the amount of electricity I can hold by charging myself while at full power. My body had a few arcs going across it while doing this so students knew they would be shocked if they touched me. While thinking of how slow this process was, I heard someone call my name. 

 

“Kaminari, what are you doing?” Not really paying attention as I was trying to test if I could permanently increase my battery, or if it was just a temporary boost. “Testing to see how much charge I can hold.” Realizing my mistake I quickly opened my eyes to see Jiro with a small smirk noticing what I said without thinking. “Hey, what exactly is your quirk?” she said poking fun that I may just admit what it is without thinking again. “Haha nice try, but no.” I said, shaking my head cursing my own stupidity. “Well you can’t hate a girl for trying.” I just scoff at that statement and get back to testing. Unaware that Momo was also listening in, and mentally taking notes.

 

After that last battle was done, and All Might gave us some parting words before he left to see Deku. I was changing in the corner of the room to try and not show off any of my stuff. As I was putting my own clothes back on I noticed something. ‘I think I’m more in shape than the original Denki was. Makes sense as he just sorta let out a bomb of electricity and that was it. Well not that it matters now since I actually have tools to help with medium to long distance problems.

 

I left early waiting at the entrance for Deku to come out, so I can give him his school bag. I was on my phone learning more about neurons, and how the brain works to get a better understanding of what I’m trying to do. I was a little too focused that I didn’t notice Deku catching up to Bakugo. That is, until Bakugo started screaming. “That Icey bastard! How do I measure up to him!? And that lightning bastard!? What even is he!? That ponytail girl said it all! And now you!! FROM HERE ON I’M GONNA BEAT YOU ALL!!!” After screaming his heart out, he was much more quiet. “Enjoy your win. It’ll never happen again!”

216