Chapter 27. Rage
7.5k 15 207
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“2nd gear!” As I yelled all the thugs took one step back at the sight of what I was doing. “I need just 5 minutes to deal with the likes of you!” I pulled out my extendable baton in my hand, crackling with the new energy flowing through it. ‘One good hit is probably enough to put each one down, so this now becomes a game of whack-o-mole.’ I ran at full speed, and to anyone witnessing it they would later say they saw a bright light then blackness.

 

I was able to take care of half on my own while the two girls were taking care of the other half. We were done in about 4 minutes. After the thugs were taken down, I started reloading my revolver. With the girls looking over me. “You two stay here, I doubt they will send more up here. They probably are guarding the exit as tight as possible. You'll be safest here. If my message got through then the Pro’s are coming.” I say as I finish up reloading. Momo steps forward with an angry, and slightly perturbed look. “Then where do you think you are going?” 

 

I squint my eyes at her to try and get her to back down, but she doesn’t. “I’m going to help Aizawa. He is outgunned, and I’m going to even those odds.” She quickly grabs my coat to stop me from moving. “Absolutely not! You are going to get yourself killed!” Seeing the look of determination in her eyes I knew she would not let up on this. I looked over to Jiro, who was looking back and forth between Momo and I. “Let me go.” I said in a non-joking manner, which caught the attention of both of them again. 

 

Just then the ground bursts open underneath Jiro and something grabs onto her. Trying to hold her hostage. “Now you kids better give up now or your friend dies! Now both of you put your hands up!” As soon as Momo let go to move her hands up, Jiro stabbed one of her jacks into the thugs hand, letting her go. As she ran to us I saw the thug charge up and electrical attack. ‘Can I run that distance? No, too far. Definitely with overdrive, but I need all the batter- I got it’ 

“2nd Gear ‘Overdrive’!” As soon as I yelled I was almost transported in the path of the electrical energy, and took it all. Feeling all the energy flow into me helped offset some of the power I was drawing. As soon as he was done I rushed past him in less than a second hitting him with my baton on my way. ‘That should knock him out cold, this should be everyone up here, now time to help Aizawa.’ I turned off ‘overdrive’ and kept just normal 2nd gear.

 

‘I’m down to 50% even with that guy charging me. The batteries I have should get me to 60%. Would be more if I wasn’t constantly draining myself.’ I took one last look at both the girls. Momo was taking care of Jiro who was still coughing from the choke hold given to her. “Stay safe…” I said while jumping down the cliff before either noticed me leaving, slowing my descent with my grappling hook. 

 

Running toward the fountain I found Aizawa underneath Nomu who was about to snap my teacher’s arm. I felt my stomach drop ‘Am I going to lose someone…? Again… ? When will it stop…? I lost everything that mattered to me, and now I’m going to lose more…? no… no..no..nononononononoNO!’ I screamed with my heart, mind, body, and soul connected. RAGE.

“THIS WILL NOT STAND!! I REFUSE TO LOSE MORE THAN I HAVE ALREADY!!! 2ND GEAR ‘OVERDRIVE’!!!”

207