Chapter 29. Hangover
7.2k 7 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My whole body hurt, every pore, every muscle. Yet I could not pass out for some reason. Either not enough pain, or my juiced up brain refused to. Soon after I fell, I saw Aizawa crawl up next to me, and gave me a look of anger. “Was I able to save everyone?” It was really all I cared about, not reprimand, or perhaps expulsion. All I wanted was to keep those close to me safe. He looked at me with his face battered and bruised. “We’ll have to talk about what you did, and your quirk in more detail, but maybe kid.”

 

Tears started streaming down my face, partly from the pain of ‘overdrive’, but mostly from me protecting Aizawa and the others. I had someone with me. I wasn’t alone. While everyone was walking towards us I slowly closed my eyes, and descended into blackness. Looking around in this void I saw Denki standing in front of me. He was smiling at me, albeit with tears running down his face, and his smile weak. I rushed to him and gave him a hug, tears running down my face.

“I did it. I made sure everyone is ok. I kept my promise, and I’ll keep fulfilling my promise to you everyday. We will never be alone again, I’ll be sure of it. We can have others with us if you help me.” I felt tears on my shoulder from the crying boy, and I kept crying myself. I woke up in the school nursing room to the sound of teachers talking to each other. “He did what now?” “Just like I said” “This is serious” I could assume they were talking about me and the actions I did. It’s like waking up from being drunk last night, remembering what you did, and now sober you have to fix it.

 

My battery was at around 60% so I had my emotions in check again. My body felt horrible, like running an ironman without training, and then waking up the next morning unable to move due to muscle pain. “Ughhh…” I couldn’t help but groan trying to get up. The room got quiet again, and the sheet around the bed was pulled back to see most if not all the faculty looking back at me. Recovery girl up front, staring at me. ‘No wonder I felt so tired she must have healed my injuries.

 

I waited for somebody to speak. ‘I shouldn’t talk more than I have to. Ok I have to know.’ “Is everyone ok?” I manage to croak out the full question. Recovery Girl moves another sheet, giving view to another bed with Aizawa lying on the bed with his arms covered in bandages. His face is much better off than the show but it still has bruising, and cuts. I sighed in relief and laid back down. “Your injuries are very strange, young man.” Recovery Girl begins her diagnosis while pulling up a chair.

 

“Your burned hand corroborates the stories that I have been told, but the rest are strange to say the least. Your right eye has blood in the pupil that has been around for some time, it also reflects light similar to a cat when trying to see in the dark. Your muscles are full of lactic acid, in other words, overused to a startling degree. They should have been unresponsive when you were fighting, but kept going. Your heart rate was spiking, and slowing throughout your rest, and I don’t want to even imagine what it was while you were in the ‘2nd gear’ as you call it.”

 

She sighed “The only thing wrong with you now is your lactic acid build up, Dehydration, as well as blood sugar being too low.” ‘The more I hear of my problems the more I think I actually just have the speed force. Heh’ “Thank you Recovery Girl.” I give her a slight bow then return to leaning back. ‘It’s coming isn’t it? The whole conversation about my mental health.’ “Hello Kaminari, I am Nezu, do you know who I am?” I smirk “Of course principal” The little animal nods his head before continuing. “Do you remember what you did today?” I scoffed, “I almost wish I didn’t.” “And why is that?” “I got overly emotional, and let my emotions control me.” It was semi true. These weren't only my emotions that were magnified. The grief and pain were of two saddened souls.

I say with my head hung. “I don’t like being angry, because that is what I turn into whenever I am.” Nezu nodded again with a look of understanding on his furry face. “Do you know why you were angry?” ‘I can’t really talk about it without being suspected of being in the league of villains.’ “Yes” The room stayed silent while everyone was staring at me. “Do you want to talk about it?” I quickly shoot back. “Do I have to?” “We would like to understand if it may happen again in classes.” ‘Never gave me my ‘yes’ or ‘no’ I see. Fine I’ll be as vague as possible then.’ I sighed “I was mad at the pain, and suffering that they were causing.” 

 

Nezu smiled while chuckling a little “Of course I understand completely. Now we must move on to another topic at hand. What exactly is your quirk?” ‘I knew this was coming, I guess I’m a little surprised it took them this long to finally ask that question. I mean, 2nd Gear doesn’t make much sense at all for an electric cladding hero. Even more so, when I started emitting steam. My eye is also one other thing that doesn’t add up, I’m sure the principle already has a few theories on what it is, but we’ll just see.’

 

I shrug my shoulders the best I can with how much pain I’m in. “I don’t entirely know. Best I can think of is that I am able to store, control, and release electricity.” ‘I still don’t know if my quirk comes from my nervous system? Or somewhere else, and I also don't know if I’m just using it in my nervous system at 2nd Gear. Nezu ponders for a second “How does your ‘2nd Gear’ work? And what is the difference between '2nd Gear', and 'Overdrive'?” I lay back down flat while I explain. “I just channel electricity throughout my whole body. It requires a certain amount of power per second to keep on, the more power the faster I get. ‘Overdrive’ is when I put as much power per second as I can.” I continued to talk about what little I really knew about my 2nd Gear and my eye. Hearing some of these ideas made 'Recovery Girl' just sigh and shake her head in exasperation at what I was doing.

193