Chapter 31. Shinso
6.8k 13 203
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stumbled back with confusion plastering his face. Everyone else was wondering what I said to him. “Why would you know?” “Well for 2 main reasons. The first is because I think you got kinda slighted with the way that the enemies were bots, and second I think your quirk would make you an amazing hero. If they weren't bots you would be on the other side of this door.” I look back toward the classroom for a second then look back at him and his expression of utter shock. “Now c’mon hit me, I need to know if I can go against you. It’s been a question I’ve had since I knew you were in this academy.”

 

Everyone looked dumbfounded. A kid from the hero class saying that he thought someone from the general studies could beat him easily? How are bots unaffected? What even was his quirk? “Now, do you mind if we go off with less prying eyes so I can test myself?” Then Bakugo started yelling at me “OI! Are you saying this cannon fodder can beat me!?” I laughed so hard my stomach started cramping. “Oh easily. I think you would be the easiest to beat.” “OI! That does it, cannon fodder spar with me!” 

 

A while later after most people had left I was left alone in the classroom waiting till I heard a knock at the door. I got up, got all my stuff, and opened the door to see Shinso. I smiled, as did he. “You ready?” he asks, giving me one last chance to back out. “I was born-” Then I felt locked in, like I could think of what to do easily, but couldn’t control my body. ‘Thanks for solidifying the fact that locked out syndrome is scary’ I start using nerve control, and slowly my arm moves. Shinso was surprised, almost letting go of his grip on me.

 

I give him a thumbs up as the sign to keep going. “Walk to the back of the class.” As he said that I felt my body start moving without my control to the back of the class. Using nerve control I was able to force myself to stop. Soon after Shinso let his grip go and sighed. "Well I hope I don’t go against you in the festival." I laughed “Oh nobody does. But on a more serious note, I’m able to stop myself and do other things, but the second I let go of my grip, yours takes over. I think your quirk works by stopping all communication between the rest of the brain, and the cerebellum."

 

"I can force myself to move by electrifying my nerves with my quirk which doesn’t require that part of my brain to work. If your quirk does control just the cerebellum I almost want to change the name of your quirk to 'Body manipulator', or something else more fitting” After I was done with my assessment I looked back to see Shinso crying. I smiled sadly at seeing him like this. I walked over to him. “First time someone hasn’t given you a certain look after knowing your quirk, or being hit by it?” I say with a soft tone of voice. He just nods.

 

I just pat his shoulder, and back until he lets at least a lot of it out. “Can we never talk about that?” He said quietly while blushing. I smiled “Of course, I’m known as the class enigma. Anyway I have some tips on how to be a hero before we see each other again. Train physically, most students get away with overly relying on their quirks, and neglect working out. Train in some kind of martial arts, you actually remind me a lot of our teacher, I’ll put in a good word if you want, and last and most importantly… When you do join the hero classes, make sure you get good equipment not only to get with your quirk, but also attack and defense." I smiled at seeing him looking at me with surprise and confusion. "See you on the dance floor.” I give him one last pat on the shoulder before leaving.

203