Chapter 36. Horse Battle!
6.3k 7 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the event started most teams went towards Midoriya for the 10,000 Points. My group however had almost 600 points. We needed to get that number up to at least 1,000 for me to feel comfortable of winning. “Alright remember girls, I have most defense covered. Momo you will help me out from any attacks I can’t shock. Jiro and Tokage, you two go get us as many bands as you can. The more the better, even low bands will make the larger point one’s harder to snatch. Got it?” I got all of their affirmation, but Momo’s was a little quiet.

 

There were about 10 teams. Most had less than us, but not by much. So getting about 3 average bands would give us enough points to be in the top 4 or 5. A few groups did try to take our band, but were promptly driven off from my 2nd Gear. Just having the electricity on at all times didn’t take much out of me. ‘I still have just over 50% left so I should be able to last the whole match.’ “Kaminari! I got a band!” I looked over to see Jiro’s earphone jack in front of me holding a 200 point band. I quickly turned off my 2nd Gear to grab the band from her. “Good job Jiro!”

 

Grabbing the band from her ear I unknowingly stroked her earlobe. Hearing a squeak coming from her I was confused. “Are you ok? I heard you make a noise.” She screamed back at me with harshness in her tone. “I’m fine, just be quiet and focus!” Then I was really confused, but I had no time to focus on that as another group came to attack us for our bands. ‘Dang it's the worst one! We only need to last for 3 minutes!’ “I can’t defend against that team! We gotta run!” 

 

The team was Tetsutetsu, Honenuki, Shiozaki, and Awase. ‘These guys have two ways of dealing with my quirk. This is bad. I have to make it to the final!’ While we were running Honenuki softened the floor underneath us to stop us moving. We were able to avoid it a while but they eventually caught up to us. ‘Only one minute left! I have an idea… I hate it, but it’s all I can think of.’ “Momo! I need a machete! Tokage! Keep aiming for their bands! Don’t let them breathe! Jiro! You do the same!” Momo quickly made a machete. While the other two girls prepared for battle.

 

After being given the machete I saw the group approaching fast. ‘Just 50 seconds, Please don't say too much, future me…’ “2nd Gear ‘Overdrive’!!” Putting as much energy as I could all over my body I already felt flushed. Arcs of electricity dancing all over my body, as my clothes started billowing from the heat I was emitting. My hair was crackling, and my red eye appeared to glow. The group that was chasing us froze in fright at the sight of me. 

 

As they did, Tokage was able to grab one of their bands before they regained their wits. “I got one!” Tokage yelled as she tried to drape it over my head. “STOP!” I yelled. “You can’t touch me! Set it down and I’ll put it on myself!” Doing as she was told, albeit with a shaky hand I grabbed the band from the blanket, and put it on. I looked back up to see everyone was staring at me. ‘Did I do that thing with my voice again? Dang I was hoping not to draw attention! Especially this early!’ Soon after that happened the game ended in complete silence as nobody had made a move after I screamed.

173