Chapter 39. Apology
6.2k 9 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all of the lots were picked it was pretty much the same as the anime except nobody dropped out. ‘I guess Shinso decided not to use his quirk to get here. Good for him. So that means I’m up against Ojiro. Ok then this will be much easier than before, no offence but someone who can only hit me when I’m clothed in electricity doesn’t really work.’ I go back to the room to charge up before Deku and Shinso’s match. 

 

Nobody else was here as they were all enjoying festivities or getting pumped up somewhere else. I played with the prongs in my mouth like toothpicks. ‘Man this is taking forever.’ I heard the door open again to see Momo with a solemn expression. I was surprised to see her here, and wondered what her expression was from. ‘Did somebody bully her? I swear if someone did I will paralyze them neck down.’ Seeing Momo sit on the other side of the table woke me from my thoughts. 

 

She was looking down and her hair was covering her face. She then spoke in a very small voice. “I happened to listen to what you said to Midoriya. I was walking in here to get my phone, but I heard you two talking. I am so sorry.” I look at her with a blank expression. ‘How embarrassing this is? Had a breakdown in front of 2, and a third listened in on me spilling my guts.’ I sighed “What exactly are you sorry about?” She jumped when I spoke up, then froze to ponder the question, all the while me never seeing her face.

 

“I’m sorry for listening to your private conversation. I thought the least I should do is tell you, and apologize.” I smiled ‘I’m glad that's what she is focusing on. I don’t really want to talk about Denki’s parents. Although it seems that the longer I’m here the more I also consider them my parents. Could be from our souls merging, but I’ll never truly know.’ “It’s ok, I’m glad you cared enough to tell me. I’m not mad at you, I want you to know that. If I were in the same scenario I probably would have listened in too, so I can’t really judge you too harshly. You are a curious person.” 

 

As I was finishing up what I was saying I put my hand on her head patting it slowly. She jolted when I first placed my hand on top of her head, but soon she relaxed. We stayed like that for a while. She spoke up again with her voice so quiet I almost didn’t catch it. “Do you see me as a little sister?” I froze with my hand still on her head. 

 

‘Oh boy… I’m not so sure that isn’t a sign… Ok, let's just chalk this up to me looking too deep into things.’ Getting embarrassed I took my hand off her head. My face started heating up as I was looking away from her. “No, I only really wanted a younger brother so I never saw you, or any girl in the class as a little sister.” She looked up to see my expression. Seeing my frowning red face she gained a small smile. ‘I really have to leave here, or risk getting caught in her speed.’ 

 

“That is good” She finishes before standing up next to me with a knowing smile on her face. I, being nervous, took a step back with a somewhat fearful look on my face. This make her giggle a little bit before heading off leaving me alone in the room again. ‘It is a very big problem that I feel guilty about this development. That points to some part of me liking her. I know Denki is a part of me, and that makes sense that he would like her. However I have a slight inclination that this wasn’t all Denki.’

 

I sighed to calm myself down. "Let’s go see history in the making."

173