Chapter 42. Interrogation
5.7k 6 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Making it towards my waiting room just as I was about to open the door when I noticed two people standing behind me. ‘Dang I was so lost in my mind, I didn’t even notice them.’ Looking back at them I saw Momo looking mad at me, while Jiro looked unsure. “What were you doing?” Momo started the conversation with a question I really didn’t know how to answer. I looked away realizing I still had a scowl on my face, and I quickly got rid of it. “What do you mean by that?” She scoffs. “Midoriya says he never talked to you. So what were you doing?” I sighed. “Giving someone some guidance.” ‘I really can’t lie to these girls, but I can bend the truth a little’

 

Momo turned me around, and looked at me with a fierce discerning gaze. Almost daring me to show any sign of deceit for her to attack me with it. Since I was telling the truth in a way, she could tell I was lying somewhat, but altogether telling the truth. “What did you teach?” ‘This is a hard one, I can’t say manners because that’s just obvious, so I’ll have to phrase it another way.’ “Empathy” I say as a small smile crept up without my knowledge, but Jiro’s expression turned to one of anger. “You think you can lie to us like that!? With that devilish smile!?” I quickly put my hand over my mouth. ‘Why do I out myself so easily?’ 

 

I looked away in shame. ‘I’m being outmaneuvered in a conversation with girls 5 years younger than me. I don’t know whether I should be impressed with them, or downhearted at me?’ I sighed at my own ineptitude. “What do you want me to say?” They both spoke in unison while getting closer to me. ‘Too close! Too close!’ I thought as I backed away, but I had no room so I just backed into the door. Momo placed her hand to my left side against the wall, while Jiro used her earphone jack, and stabbed it into the wall only a few inches away from my face. ““THE TRUTH!”” My face was flushed, my breath was staggered, I couldn’t think straight, and this time I had 70% charge so it wasn’t my usual excuse.

 

I slowly croaked up an answer while looking between the both of their stern expressions. “I-I… I threatened Endeavor to treat Todoroki better.” They both looked surprised, giving each other a glance then looked back at me to see if I was lying. I was more surprised that they didn’t berate me right then and there. Noticing my surprise of their surprise they both giggled. ‘What is… I don’t understand women at all…’ They both moved away from me as I let out a sigh of relief. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you two, it just kinda happened when I was trying to find the medical wing.” They both looked at me with confusion then sighed at each other while shaking their heads.

 

Jiro then looked at me like I was stupid. “Just go, you idiot.” ‘Ok she also said I was.’ As soon as she said that I got a message saying I was up next. When I looked back in their direction they were already walking away. Momo gave me her parting words as well. “Good luck with your match.” I sighed again, and went toward the field. ‘Man… I was more scared of them, then I was facing Endeavor. I may have had anger help in keeping my fear minimized, but still…’ 

 

Making my way on the ring I look at Ojiro. “I’m sorry my quirk is a direct counter to you.” He looks back at me, then sighs, shakes his head, and smiles. “In the hero business some villains may have quirks like yours that I’ll have to overcome.” I wait a second to let that sink in. “Yes, but wouldn’t you have your costume to help you, I for one feel kinda naked without my hooks, and gun.” He laughs. “You do have a point, but I want you to hold nothing back. I would take it as an insult if you did.” I was dumbfounded. ‘This kid has seen what I can do right? He still wants me to go ‘overdrive’ after seeing that?’

 

“Just to be sure, you want me to use ‘overdrive’ in our fight?” He smiles while cracking his knuckles. “Yup! I want to see what you can do first hand.” I scratched my head while nodding. “Ok just don’t get mad if I injure you in an unforeseeable way.” And with that conversation over, the battle commences.

171