Chapter 43. Spectating
5.6k 6 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I screamed my move Ojiro asked me to use. “2nd Gear ‘Overdrive’!!” and with that I tried to kick him in the chest, but it was blocked by his tail. The only problem was, I still had a lot of momentum on my side. Finishing the kick, I was able to blow Ojiro outside the ring as I turned my ‘2nd Gear’ off. 'Midnight' as well as the rest of the audience were silent for a few seconds before midnight regained her composure and declared my victory.

 

I jumped off the stage to give Ojiro a hand. “How’d it feel?” he chuckled under his breath. “Just about as I expected.” He said with slight sadness in his voice. ‘Yea this is the true mob of the class now that I think about it.’ I smiled and patted him on the shoulder. “Don’t think about it too much, yes I can go fast, but obstacles in my path are really bad for me. While you can knock anything you need over with that tail of yours. Really this whole fight was so skewed in my favor, if I were you I would have called a rematch.” He begins to smile again, and we both head back over to the 1-A section. 

 

Making it towards my original seat I saw Momo on one side, and Jiro on the other. Noticing this I started to back away to sit in another seat, only to have the seat I was looking to occupy get stabbed by a headphone jack. My lips pursed, and I looked over at Momo and Jiro. Momo was giving me quick glances, while the stabber looked like she didn’t even notice my existence. I trudged toward the two girls and sat in my seat between them. 

 

This garners a few looks, mostly from the females in the class. I lowered my blushing face to avoid their gazes. Ida was up next, and his match was just as hilarious as I remember. Seriously, I couldn’t stop laughing. I think it was contagious, because I heard a few other snickers coming from my left and right. After the match essentially timed out, and both Uraraka, and Deku left, I sighed from all the laughing. “Man I needed that.” The next match ended in a few seconds really, and Momo was up next.

 

Before she left I gave her some words of encouragement “Good luck out there Momo.” She blushed and hurried off. I suddenly felt an earphone jack jammed in my side. “Ugh! Jiro! what was that for?” She wore an irritated expression, then looked away from me. ‘Why though?’ She looked back at my confused face, only to roll her eyes like I was an idiot.’ “You're an idiot.” I chuckled and shook my head. “I know a little about a lot of things, but I keep coming up short when it comes to understanding you, and Momo.

She jams another jack into my sternum. “Ugh! Why…” Was all I could muster up with my now destroyed ribcage. She shook her head again just as the battle was about to start. This match was a blitz. Tokoyami just kept laying it on before Momo could make anything. She lost quickly before it was Jiro’s turn with Kirishima. As Jiro stood up to get ready for her match I decided to wish her good luck as well. “Good luck out there Jiro.” As soon as I finished my sentence an earphone jack came rushing towards me, stopping an inch away from my face.

 

Staring at it in fear I heard Jiro say something in a hushed tone. “Call me Kyoka.” I pursed my lips, but looking eye first into that jack made a compelling argument. “Of course good luck… um Kyoka.” She just nodded and pulled her earphone back. Just as I sighed she thrust it back into my face. “You better keep using it.” All this still without looking at me. ‘Seriously does she have eyes in the back of her head, or does she use echolocation!?’  “Of course, always.” I see her earphone start turning red before stabbing my stomach. “Ow! Mother of- !!”

170