Chapter 44. Brothers
5.6k 3 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Well now we wait for Ji… Kyoka’s and Kirishima’s match. Momo is still getting back so I actually have some time to myself for a bit.’ As I was thinking that someone took a seat next to mine. ‘Or not… looks like Momo has come back sooner than expected.’ I took a glance toward my left to see Todoroki. ‘Oh right I kind of went off on his dad…’ I coughed to see if he would say something.

 

“Why did you do that?” He said, still looking towards the field. I smirked with a sad look in my eyes. “I don’t know. I just happened to be around, and realized that you deserved better.” He scowls, his gaze never leaving the field just as the match was about to begin. “Why do you care so much?” ‘This is an embarrassing question to answer. Should I just give him another… No, this kid deserves the truth.’ I take a deep breath in to steady myself. “In my fit of emotions, I let it slip that I lost everything I loved… My friends... my home... my family…” I took in another unsteady breath of cool air to try and keep me from shocking anyone close by.

 

“So after I got here, I started seeing a few people in class as my own younger siblings. It’s not true, I admit it, but I needed that… And it is the duty of the older brother to take care of, and protect his younger brothers.” I chuckled at the insanity of it all. As my eyes started burning. “So that is why I care… I need you all more than you probably need me.” Soon after my little speech Kirishima took the win of the match, and Kyoka and him shook hands. I clapped with the rest of the audience. 

 

Todoroki was just still, pondering on what I told him. Connecting some dots in his head, while forming new questions to be answered. He finally stood up and moved away, probably to a more quiet place to ponder as soon as he left I noticed sniffling behind me. Looking back I was surprised to see that I didn’t see anything. ‘Wait a second…’ “Listening in on others' conversations is not befitting of you is it?” I heard a shocked squeal and some floating clothes jumped into the air.

 

“Nice to see you too, Hagakure.” I sighed as I noticed her putting on a hairclip where her bangs probably were. She tried to laugh off what she was doing. “I was just making sure you too weren't saying gross things about Yaoyorozu, and Jiro.” ‘Ugh I’m trying not to talk about myself, yet it keeps happening, and people keep hearing it. When will I learn to keep my big mouth shut.’ I let out an exasperated sigh as I cupped my head in my hands. “So halfway through our conversation, you still thought we might get to that topic?” She got quiet… well mostly, she was making a whining sound that I assumed came from her thinking of another excuse. I shook my head disapprovingly, then looked right under her hair clip to where I assumed her eyes were.

 

“Just promise me you won’t spread that around. Ok?” She perked up. “Oh Yeah! Totally! I won’t tell a soul!” “Tell a soul what?” Suddenly I heard a chilly voice to my right to see both Momo and Kyoka looking at me with crooked smiles. ‘Is that what I looked like when I was shocking Endeavor? No, these two are much scarier. Hey! Stop moving your earphone jack!’ “Hagakure just listened to my conversation with Todoroki about Endeavor. I don’t want that going around so I told her to keep it a secret.” I said with my gaze flashing back and forth between the two girls. 

 

They then eyed Hagakure causing her hair clip to shiver. “Is that everything?” ‘Dang, they asked me the one question I didn’t want asked!’ “It was mostly just why I did it, so pretty much yea.” ‘Not lying, I’m not lying please don’t stab me!’ Just then loud explosions were heard from the field. We all swiveled our heads, and looked to see Uraraka and Bakugo fighting. ‘Please be amazed by the match and let me go.’ It seems my wish was granted as they both took their respective seats, and watched the match in awe.

 

I kept looking up to see all the little bits of debris floating above the stage. I heard Momo give a startled “Oh my.” before Kyoka followed suit to say something else in surprise. When the match got to its climax I covered my ears and told the girls to do the same. Just as all the pieces of stone, and cement fell, Bakugo let out a massive explosion in the air to get rid of it all in one blast.

173