Chapter 46. Check up
5.5k 2 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started laughing “Only Deku could do that.” finally sitting back down. I continued to watch the match with bated breath. Todoroki used his left to thaw himself, then made a ton of ice towards Deku. Deku responded by using his 100% toe technique to travel across the field almost instantly. Finally the big clash happened leaving everything in dust, smoke, and steam. Out of all that I saw Deku against the wall outside the ring leaving Todoroki with the win.

 

Most of the class including me went to see him at the medical bay. While that was going on I was unaware of a conversion being taken place by Todoroki and Endeavor. “So you have finally seen things my way… Good… Follow me and I’ll lead you down the path of supremacy to deal with All Might, and that demon child. He may have caught me off guard, but I could easily wipe the floor with that devil.” As soon as he said that Todoroki scowled at his father, maybe for the first time in his life he was actively challenging his gaze. 

 

“Kaminari showed me more of what I already knew about you. He made me think that I should live out the rest of my life without my left. Until Midoriya reminded me of something long forgotten. I realized that Kaminari held that belief the whole time as well, and that helped me come up with a vague answer I’ll have to think about more.” Todoroki’s eyes became extra sharp and he took one step closer to his father to show dominance. “But don’t ever call my big brother a demon again… He has been more of a family member to me than you ever were…” And with that he left without looking back.

 

When we finally made it towards the medical wing and everyone crashed inside. I saw Midoriya sitting upright with both hands and arms in wrappings, and a deflated All Might by his side. ‘Dang no wonder nobody else could figure it out, that guy looks anorexic.’ While we were being ushered out by ‘Recovery girl’, Midoriya spoke up. “Wait, I need to talk to Kaminari.” Uraraka and Ida were surprised, but Momo and Kyoka seemed to think this would probably happen. I couldn’t really read Hagakures expression though.

 

Recovery girl sighed in understanding and let me stay. After everyone else left I sat down on a chair by Midoriya. “So is anything permanent?” He shakes his head as I sighed in relief. ‘I know it was fine in the show, but who knows in a couple of years.’ He gave me a determined look. “What did you say to Endeavor?” I was surprised he knew, then remembered Todoroki mentioned it during the fight. “I don’t really think I can talk about that with All Might in the corner.” I pointed at the deflated hero facing the corner trying his best to be the air. I laughed at Midoriya’s shouting, and All Might’s horrified expression. “How did you know!?”

“Well too many things matched. Him teaching the same year you came with your quirk. The way you told Bakugo that someone gave you your quirk. The way you acted when Asui mentioned your quirks were similar, and you panicked. There are a few more, but I can’t think of them at the moment. Plus somebody as famous as him would need to have an alter ego so as to not get swamped trying to go to the grocery store. Recovery girl said that everyone needed to leave for your rest, but let this guy stay? Look, his hair! He has the same style just down.”

 

After finishing my Sherlockian deduction of all the events the whole room was silent while trying to process all the information I just dumped on them. Until All Might slowly walked over to me. “Young man, you must understand that none of this can ever leave this room.” I smile at his seriousness. “Of course sir, I understand that this is a matter of great importance.” My smile slowly faded and I got a serious expression myself. “I know what it means to keep a secret. I will never tell another soul.” I heard an audible gulp from Midoriya then I continued to speak with a smile. “Still, I hate to say it, but I think Bakugo is becoming wiser. He may find out about this soon. Especially after Midoriya almost told him.” I finish talking with a laugh.

 

After staring at me for a few seconds All Might seemed to understand that I was being serious and honest in all that I said. He sighed and said. “Seriously young man, I think you took years off my life casually declaring who I was.” I start laughing “It's good to finally meet you.” I responded. I looked back at Midoriya, who was getting healed by ‘Recovery girl’. I sat back down at the chair by his bed, and decided to explain what I did. “I screamed at Endeavor, and told him what I thought about him.” After saying that I shrugged. Everyone in the room was startled.

170