Chapter 47. Samurai Match
5.4k 10 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recovery girl came rushing over to check me for burns hidden under my clothes, only one was a 1st degree burn on my hand I didn’t notice. “This reminds me of a burn you got when you went ‘Overdrive’.” She gave me a side eye while it was healing. “C’mon, the guy is the #2 hero, you wouldn’t be insinuating that I actually managed to beat him did you? I just ran, the burn is probably from him as I was escaping.” Nobody was convinced. ‘Dang, I hate the inability to lie. Ok let’s try escaping then.’

 

“Well my match is up very soon so I have to go.” As I was almost to the door Midoriya said one last question. “Before my match you said my quirk and yours are similar, if you know what mine is, then what is yours?” I froze in place thinking of what to say, ‘I can’t lie so that's out…’ I took a deep breath as everyone else held theirs.

 

“Deku… Your quirk gives you super strength wherever you activate it. Mine gives me control of electricity, yet I can move at super speed. Do you know why?” I looked back and he slowly shook his head. “I don’t entirely know either… But I know I have to be in ‘2nd Gear’ to do it. My ‘2nd gear’ isn’t my full output of power. Just enough that I can vary depending how fast I need to go. ‘Overdrive’ Is the most my body can handle. If I put as much power as ‘Overdrive’ in the tip of my finger I would probably fry all my nerves… That is how we are similar.” 

 

I finish my speech, and head out the door going to my waiting room. After a little bit of me charging at full power to try and increase my maximum charge I started thinking. ‘What happens if I take a large charge when already at maximum capacity?’ My thoughts were shaken by the announcement of my match beginning. Getting on to the platform I knew this match was gonna be done in a second, and so did Ida.

 

We both nodded and gave our go to ‘Midnight’ that we were ready. “Both participants are ready? OK! GO!” As soon as she did that both Ida and I used our fasted technique. “2nd Gear ‘Overdrive’!!” “Recipro Burst!!” And in under one second, just like that Ida was on the ground with smoke coming out of his engines, I faltered on my feet, but managed to keep standing. “Kaminari is the winner!!” After having that announced I let out a hefty sigh. 

 

‘Man dealing with him is difficult. We are about the same speed, but I can shock him if he hits me with anything that isn’t his shoe. But that's all he uses to attack! So I had to reach out and grab his calf to shock him and his motors.’ I walked over to him on the ground and gave a hand to help him up. He looked disappointed he lost, but took the hand anyway. Leaning him over my shoulder to help him stand, I started talking.

 

“That was too close for comfort… I only won with being coated in electricity. You are too used to that speed that, even if I physically can, my mind can’t keep up. Nor can I practice at this speed. Too much toll on my body.” He was surprised that I told him all that, but was thankful of me seeing him as a threat. “Thank you Kaminari, may we fight again in the future. With my victory being assured.” I smiled and laughed. “Of course, but I won't make it easy on you.”

 

After going to our seats I sat down between Momo and Kyoka with a hairpin and clothes in the seat behind us, and Uraraka, Deku, and Ida in front of us. Deku was in his own world thinking of the things I told him, while the rest were complimenting both Ida and I about our ‘Samurai Match’. Urarakas words, not mine. The other two fights took place with everything going the same it did in the show, so I’ll skip forward back to mine. It was the beginning of my fight with Todoroki.

161