Chapter 48. Denki vs Todoroki
5.5k 10 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly got up to the stage where Todoroki was waiting for me. I gave him a smirk causing him to scoff back at me. He then began talking before the match started. “You told him to say that, didn't you?” I shook my head at him as my smirk grew into a full on smile. “Nope… That is just who he is. That is why I will help him achieve his dream… Because I know that he is more deserving of the title then I ever will be.” He looked at me astonished at the thought of someone not wanting the top, but to help someone else get there. I smiled and laughed. 

 

“C’mon what I did is not the actions of the truest hero. And I would do them again. Because I want to help people, but I’m not good enough to be the face of what heroes are. I know he has those qualifications, and I want to help him reach that summit, and become the side-kick of the next #1 hero!” Todoroki was still stunned.

 

‘That is a goal nobody has wanted, or even thought of. He wants to be a side-kick? The only people who would want to be side-kicks to others would be for two reasons. Mediocrity… Or The true, honest, and full belief that the party you're helping is going to be the greatest hero in the world. Will Midoriya really become the next symbol of peace?’ Todoroki looked into the stands to see everyone looking at Midoriya who was covering his reddened face.

 

The whole arena was murmuring. Mostly with questions of ‘Who we were talking about.’ But I didn’t care. This needed to be said, so All Might and the rest of the pro-hero’s know where I stand. Also for Todoroki to know who he is up against. That I want Midoriya to fulfil his destiny, and I will help him on every step of the way. Todoroki got out of his stupor. Just as ‘Midnight’ started the countdown. 

 

“Both contestants ready? OK! 3… 2… 1… GO!” As soon as she started the match Todoroki launched ice in my direction. It was trying to grab my feet. “2nd Gear!” ‘I can’t use too much charge before I may need it so this is good enough for now.’ I jumped over the ice and ran around it to meet up with Todoroki. Getting close I tried to grab onto him only to have ice push me back. Making distance I took a breath and collected myself. ‘The stage is getting frozen over. I will lose a game of attrition. I need to end this fast.’ My thoughts were cut from a question coming from across the stage. “Why aren’t you using your overdrive?” I smiled, “Why aren’t you using your left? I won’t be serious if you don't return the favor!”

He was stunned… As if realizing what it felt like to know that your opponent wasn’t trying their hardest. I continued to push him. “I’m a little like you. Thrust with a power I didn’t exactly want, yet having to use it in order to achieve my goals.” He had a look of disbelief on his face. “It’s true that sometimes I would rather not have had it… But since I do, I’m going to make the most of it! To help those in need, and to help my family make their dreams become a reality!”

166