Chapter 49. Temperature Problems
5.4k 9 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todoroki didn’t know what to think. Was Kaminari telling the truth? Why would he lie? Why would he dislike his quirk? But none of that mattered right now. If he did dislike his quirk then what did he want to tell him? Thoughts of Midoriya screamed in his head ‘This is your power, not his! But you refuse to use your full potential, and because of that I cannot lose! I must win!!’. Todoroki started laughing, to the shock of everyone that knew him. As he was laughing his left side started emitting a glow.

 

‘Now we can get serious.’ I thought with a smirk. Todoroki’s laughing slowly died down as he began to speak. “I see he rubbed off on you, just as he is starting to rub off on me.” He said with a smile. I replied with a grin of my own. “Of course, he is gonna be #1 after all. You ready to go all out now?” His left starts producing flames “Sure…” “2nd Gear ‘Overdrive’!!” As we finished up I could feel the power flowing through me. “I will beat your strongest, with my strongest!” I yelled as I got into a better position to run. “Go ahead and try.” Todoroki fires back with a smirk. 

 

I rushed past all the non-frozen parts on the ground to avoid slipping. Todoroki covers half of himself in flames making that part difficult to touch. He knows it’s best to keep me at a distance, so he makes lots of steam to hide himself in it. I look around yet can’t find him. ‘This is bad my battery is running low all I have is 50% left and it's falling fast.’ I touched the ground with my hand on the long shot. I might shock him with it. I heard noise to my left, and immediately dashed towards it to see Todoroki forming an ice pillar to stand on. He went up 10 feet to get away from me.

 

I smile and I stick my overheated fingers in the ice pillar, melting spots for me to climb up. In 10 seconds I was up top with him. He used his flames to try and keep me away, but I managed to grab his ankle, shocking him in the process. After he collapsed I was declared the winner. Only to fall off the pillar a second later. My battery was at 40% so I was in the yellow, but still ok electricity speaking. The big problem was overheating. I was dizzy. I felt like I was on fire. I fell on the ice below, and that helped a little, but it was melting too quickly.

Soon enough people came out with a stretcher, and I was brought in the medical wing to see ‘Recovery girl’. “Why is it kids nowadays always push themselves far enough to want to permanently injure themselves?” I got scared ‘Did I get brain damage like I was hoping to avoid?’ “What’s wrong with me!?” She sighed and took a seat next to my bed. “Heat exhaustion, dehydration, and scorch marks randomly on your body. You were literally boiling the water out of your body.” I sighed in relief. “Oh… that's not as bad as I thought, but still not great.” She spoke up again. “Not great indeed. I can only amplify your body’s ability to heal. The only thing on this list I can heal is the burn marks. If you went much further, and developed heatstroke there would be little I could do.”

 

‘I knew that fire was dangerous. But this is all for the sake of bettering Todoroki.’ I let out a sigh, and was about to ask for some water before the door burst open. Revealing Midoriya, Uraraka, Ida, Momo, Kyoka, and Hagakure. I then realized something. “Where is Todoroki?” I then heard someone in a bed next to me as the sheet was being pulled back. “Took you long enough to ask about the well-being of the guy you shocked the same as my father.” I gained an apologetic smile. “Heh… sorry about that.” He just shook his head and laid back down.

 

“That’s right! You never said what you did to Endeavor!” Deku spoke up now that he remembered I swept that question under the rug. I smiled and shook my head. “Fine I’ll tell you if you get me my charger, and some water. I’m still overheating right now.” Ida went to get my charger since he was the fastest while Deku was getting me a glass of water. Momo with Kyoka and Hagakure started to ask more about my condition. “Please explain to us why you decided to push yourself so far as to require needing ice inside your pillowcase to keep your temperature under control.” Momo said with a crooked grin. “Yes, please explain it to us.” Kyoka’s smile wasn’t faring much better.

166