Chapter 50. Story Time
5.3k 6 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Because I wouldn’t have been able to win against To-” Just as I was about to finish my sentence a cool pack made by Momo was thrown in my face. “Anything else you want to say?” I started to sweat from chills at this point. “I will never go this far in training, or non-life or death scenarios again.” ‘Part of the reason I promised that was because I didn’t want to die from these two, but… also I don’t want to worry them either. They probably feel similar to what I did watching Midoriya fighting Todoroki, or even worse, Bakugo.’

Kyoka moves her earphone jack away from my side. ‘Since when was that there? I’m still recovering, and you're gonna stab me!?’ “You better keep that promise for your own sake.” I let out a larger sigh of relief than when I was cleared from brain damage. Midoriya came back with some water. “Here you go… Uraraka, why are you grinning like that?” I looked at Uraraka to see her with her face flushed, and a big grin plastered across it. ‘Let's just ignore that and drink my water.’ 

 

After Ida came back with my charger he plugged it in and gave it to me. I immediately put it in my mouth like a toothpick, and spoke up. “Ok I’ll tell you about it, but I don’t want you guys telling others about this, do you understand?” They all nodded. I took in a deep breath. “Ok, but first let me ask… Todoroki, do you want me to share this story?” ‘Please say no, say no, say no.’ Repeating that mantra in my head to try and communicate with him he looked at me. He understood crystal clear that I wanted him to say no. “Sure you have my permission.” ‘TRAITOR!’ 

 

Todoroki snickered as he read my expression. I slowly turned back to the awaiting audience. “Ok it started when I was going in the halls to find Deku, and let him know that Shinso just says things to use his quirk, and doesn’t really mean anything by talking down to some people. Just remembered I forgot to tell you that, Busy day.” Midoriya had an understanding nod as if that made certain things make sense. “Anyway in the halls I heard Endeavor talk to Todoroki. I won’t dare repeat anything he said, but I sorta… went off at him.” Suddenly I heard Todoroki chuckle at my oversimplification.

 

“You told him his whole life was a lie. That everything he did was for nothing. And that he will never leave All Might's shadow. All of this before paral-” “Ah!! Todoroki!” I quickly screamed trying to get him to stop telling them anymore. He laughed again at the predicament of what he caused me. “I don’t think it’s fair to withhold information from the people that matter to you… Isn’t that right?” ‘I never said that so he isn’t throwing my words back at me… Is he trying to tell me to be more open about my pain? Either way, that is a trap question.’ I sighed and looked back toward the rest of the group.

 

Everyone was looking at me like I poked a bear. Midoriya understood what Endeavor did more than the rest of the group though, so he had more of an understanding where these insults came from. I decided to stand my ground. “Well he deserved it.” I said while looking away. Soon we heard a loud vibration coming from Ida. He excused himself for a phone call. ‘Oh no… I remember this now…’ I shook away my thoughts and tried to focus on my fight.

“Well my temperature is stabled, my burns are healed, my battery charged, and I’m hydrated again. I say I’m ready for my fight with Bakugo.” Getting up from my bed I stumbled a little as I was off balance. “Then what was that?” Kyoka says with a deadpan expression. “Just off balance. Nothing to worry about.” Both the girls didn’t seem pleased by my answer, but couldn’t force me to stay. “Just take better care of yourself.” Momo said in a hushed tone so others couldn’t hear. “I made a promise.” I said back, leaving through the door ahead of everyone else.

161