Chapter 51. Payback
5.4k 8 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made my way to the waiting room to see Bakugo sitting at a table with his feet kicked up. “So… just you and me huh you electric bastard.” I lean against the wall by the door and start charging myself on an outlet. “Yup…” He stands up forcefully, kicking the table and chair away from him. “Listen here you bastard! If your talking about that damn nerd as being the next #1 hero you got it all wrong! I’m gonna beat the shit out of you, and everyone who stands in my way!” He yells as he walks past me to get to the field.

 

I shook my head and started to go to the field behind Bakugo, but giving him a wide berth. After we made it to the stage I was met with his permanent scowl. ‘Ok I definitely have speed on my side. He also can’t grapple me without getting shocked. That leaves him attacking with wide explosions at medium range, and high powered explosions up close without touching me.’ I got up on the stage with Bakugo on the opposite end of me. I gave my readiness check and had ‘Midnight’ start us off.

 

“Both ready? Good. 3… 2… 1… GO!” Bakugo immediately charged me from the front as I was activating my quirk. ‘Is he trying to attack me before I can get my quirk off?’ “2nd Gear!” Activating it didn’t seem to perturb Bakugo in the slightest. ‘What is he planning?’ I waited for him to change directions with an explosion. When he did get close he tried switching to my right, probably to see if I had any visual impairments. I tried to grab on to him, but he blew me up to also create some distance.

 

“OI bastard use your stupid ‘Overshit’ so I can blast you to dust with it! There is no point winning against you half assed, punk!” I began to laugh, confusing and angering Bakugo more. “You know I almost forgot… I almost forgot how much of a jerk you really are. I’ve been too busy with other things happening. It totally slipped my mind. So I want to thank you for reminding me to put you back in your place! 2nd gear ‘Overdrive’!!” As soon as I activated it I could feel myself heating up again. ‘This is less about power, and more about overheating. I get one or two moves.’ 

 

“You bastar-'' Bakugo started screaming until I almost teleported in front of him with my hand over his mouth, shocking him in the process. “This thing is making too much noise.” I then got closer to his ear to whisper something to him I didn’t want others hearing. “The big reason why Deku will be #1 is because he is kind, and caring. Gaining strength to help others, not to prove something to himself.” Backing away from his ear, I put in one last shock to paralyze him temporarily, and throw him off the stage. I turn back to ‘Midnight’ who got startled at me. I began walking off the stage while giving her some parting words. “He’ll be back to normal in about 5 minutes.”

 

I left to go to the waiting room in silence. I sat down in my chair exasperatedly. ‘Now what? Help Ida conquer his demons. Fight hero killer Stain. Maybe save a few new recruits from the league of villains? Those are loose goals. I need a plan. First find where Midoriya is going to- Oh… I forgot I need to pick a hero to train under. Well I guess I have my pick of the litter with being first. I hope I can get snipe.’ 

 

While lost in my own thoughts I didn’t notice the door opening. I was startled awake from Midoriya poking my shoulder with worry on his face. “Why did you go so far?” ‘I guess that was pretty noticeable, I just can’t keep my emotions in check. Probably why the original Denki just fried himself on purpose.’ “I just had a thought. Bakugo used to treat you like that everyday, or worse. It’s kinda the big brother's duty to take on his little bro’s bully. I hate the way he talks about you." 

 

"You have greatness, but he refused to see it. Or saw it, became jealous, and started bullying you over it; I don’t know. But what I do know is that he always strives to be the best. And that's good, don't get me wrong you need to have a driving force to keep you motivated and pushing your limits… However if that is all he cares about. I see a young Endeavor on our hands. So it was for a few reasons. To teach a lesson, to get you some justice, and because he just personally makes me mad.”

165