Chapter 53. Experimentation
5.3k 9 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the stopwatch running, I slowly went into meditation; trying to feel the electricity flow in my brain. After some time I was able to feel the electricity flowing, but it was too complex. All going in seemingly random directions, at speeds I could hardly comprehend. I kept focusing to see if a pattern would emerge. After a while I still couldn’t find a pattern, so I had to go into another direction. I opened my eyes, and stood up to go to the kitchen. Looking down I saw that the stopwatch was going on for two hours.

 

“Feeling the electricity was mesmerizing, but I didn’t think I was staring at it for so long.” I yawned as I got to my freezer. Taking out some ice packs I went back to my room. I put all the ice packs inside my pillow; chilling it to the best of my ability. Laying back down on the bed I rested my head on the pile of ice packs in my pillow. “This should help with any heating issues.”

 

I went back into meditation to feel the flow of electricity again. ‘I have to amp my brain as a whole if I want this to work. I think I have something finally. Electricity flows from all parts of the brain, but there are sections. The sections communicate with themselves, and nothing else… but there is one exception. The frontal lobe… They all send signals to the frontal lobe, and the frontal lobe sends signals back to each individual section.' 

 

'The frontal lobe acts as sort of a hub for all the parts of the brain to check in with. It will be too difficult for me to try and amp the whole brain at least as of yet, but if I can amp the frontal lobe, I should gain an accelerated thought process. Which in turn might also increase the speed that the neurons communicate to and from the frontal lobe. Increasing the speed in which I gain the information as well. I didn’t think this was a good idea when I first theory crafted it, but it is starting to seem like the best option.’ 

 

I try my best to steady my nerves. I take a few minutes to calm myself down. ‘No mistakes here, just little by little.’ I put in my smallest amount of electricity into my frontal lobe. I then open my eyes, turn my head to look at the stopwatch again. ‘Ugh, another two hours have passed. Putting that aside I don’t see any change in how I can see the milliseconds. I need to give myself more power.’ I close my eyes again and put in slightly more power into my frontal lobe.

After putting in 2% per minute charge into it I opened my eyes back up. I looked at the stopwatch, and took note that the milliseconds were going by slightly more slowly. ‘It is working, this is a good sign. Lets try 3% to increase the speed.’ After I finished the alteration I opened my eyes again to see that the milliseconds were moving by only slightly more slowly than before. ‘Hmm by my estimation I can hold base 2nd Gear for about 1 and a half hours with my battery since I increased it, but the heat slowly builds the whole time, so I probably can’t last that long without my costume. 

 

The usage of base 2nd Gear is around 3-4% per minute. Plus the amount I constantly make at around 1% per minute. So if I can use both this technique with 2nd Gear that will take more than half my time, while probably heating me up quicker. I’m not getting a significant increase to reaction time from what I can tell so far at this amount of power. I might need 5-10% power per minute to feel a noticeable effect.’ 

 

After hashing my thoughts out I turned off the power, and took a look at the stopwatch again. Noticing the time is going normal again I let out a sigh before stopping it, putting my semi-melted ice packs in the freezer, and going to bed.

161