Chapter 54. Hero Name
5.3k 11 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up I did my morning routine, and went out for school. Only problem was the stares. Walking down the street I could feel people looking at me. Some in awe, others in curiosity, and a few in fear; I think it was the eye. Finally making my way into the school grounds I heard Ida telling Midoriya not to worry about him or his brother. ‘Liar’ Was all I could think seeing that fake reassuring smile of his.

 

Getting to class I heard all of the class talking about how people were talking to them about the festival. I took my seat just as the bell rang, and just after the final toll Aizawa stepped in with his sleepy expression. ‘Still feels nice seeing him without permanent eye damage.’ “Today you will be coming up with your hero aliases.” Just then most of the class started cheering. 

 

“But first is the pro-hero drafts. It is based on heroes that think you will be ready to work in two or three years of experience, you could say it’s them showing interest in you. Now here are the pick numbers.” Aizawa pointed at the screen behind him to show us the numbers. “Now normally they would be more even, but this year a few of you stood out particularly.” 

I looked up in half a daze as I looked at the numbers. I had well over 5,000, Todoroki had just over 4,000, Bakugo had a little over 3,000, then Tokoyami with 350, and down it went after that. Everyone had their own reactions, but I was more surprised than anything else. ‘I knew I would get a lot for being first, but how many pro hero’s exist?’ I sighed thinking of all the papers I would have to reply no on. Momo, seemingly understanding my plight, started to giggle at my reaction.

 

“Even if you weren’t picked, you will still have a chance to work aside pro’s. Choose wisely, they are only tentative, but pick something appropriate…” “Or else you will know true hell!!” Suddenly the door flew open as someone yelled out a continuation of Aizawa’s lesson. Looking to the door I saw ‘Midnight’ coming into the classroom. “The name you pick now, may be what the world ends up calling you.”

 

Aizawa got his sleeping bag out of nowhere and started talking. “That’s right, ‘Midnight’ will be helping you pick out your names while I get some rest. Remember a name sets an image of yourself, and how others see you. Because names reflect your true character.” And with that Aizawa got into his sleeping bag. 

 

‘What name do I want? I have moves that are references to Luffy. A costume and power from Hei. I look like I have a red eye like… You know what? I’m gonna stop. Keep it simple.’ Still thinking of simple names I was started by a feeling of someone breathing down my neck. Startled, I jumped out of my chair, and spun around to see what it was; electricity turning on from my surprise. 

 

I saw ‘Midnight’ looking at me with a slightly heated gaze. “You startle easily…” She spoke in a playful tone as I audibly gulped. “I don’t have many experiences of someone breathing down my neck” Was all I could think of while still looking at her cautiously. “Would you like to have more?” She said with a slight giggle. I sighed at my own hubris. ‘She is not actually hitting on you; calm down. This is the kind of woman that likes to tease, and dominate things that interest her. It will go away after some time.’ 

 

I just shook my head with a displeased expression, and sat back down in my seat. Looking up I realized I garnered more than a few gazes from the class. Momo, and Kyoka being the most crooked out of the bunch; Besides Mineta maybe. Trying to concentrate again on a name I was thrown off track when I heard a question. “Did I scare you too much?” ‘Midnight’ giggled at her own deduction. I just wanted her to go away so I could focus, and not be stabbed later today; ‘Midnight’ is just bad news.

I put some power into my right eye causing it to shine, and spoke firmly to her. “Let… me… focus…”  Seeing this she perked up in surprise, then slowly a grin started to form, along with a blush to go along with it. ‘Oh no… I think I triggered something I really shouldn’t have.’ Seeing her reaction gave me pause, and I began to sweat nervously. Seeing me switch from scared, to mean, to scared again was really flipping her switch; in turn making me more frightened. This seemed to be a perpetual cycle until Momo kicked us out. “Hey what are you doing!? This is a learning environment!” 

 

Getting startled back to the rest of reality I let out a gasp of air, with a few beads of sweat on my forehead. ‘Definitely dangerous!’ I slouched back into my seat to see that both ‘Midnight’ and I held everyone's gazes. Embarrassed at being seen hunted I quickly turned my blushing face towards the window, trying to purge all of what just happened. ‘Midnight’ just left, but not before whispering something in my ear. “I can teach you so many things.” This just caused me to blush even fiercer, making everyone wonder what she said to me.

 

The rest of the time I was trying to think of a name, only to be brought back to that phrase. And Momo’s death glare wasn’t helping me either. Eventually it was time to give our names. Everyone else had their same names so no changes there. It was finally down to Ida, Midoriya, and me. Ida went first with just his name. Midoriya picked Deku just like before. Then it was me… I got up to the pedestal, and had ‘Midnight’ move extra close to me. Causing my face to redden and my lips to purse. I let out a sigh through my nose, then put my whiteboard for all to see.

150