Chapter 55. Thunder Beast: Fenrir!
5.3k 10 160
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone was silent. Staring at my name. I did choose my own name, instead of just copying names of where my idea’s and moves came from. I was going to make my own name for myself. “Raiju: Fenrir, Raiju means thunder beast. A Raiju is normally depicted as a dog or a wolf. The strongest wolf I can think of is the Norse mythology of the Fenrir that killed Odin. I will be a Thunder Fenrir. A wolf strong enough to take on even the gods for the sake of his pack.” After hearing my explanation for my name everyone was still silent. ‘Midnight’ was the first to break out of her stupor. “Well I must say I think that name fits you quite well. Well done.” I gave her a nod, and went back to my seat in silence.

After I sat down Momo was about to say something, but got cut off from Aizawa. “Well now that you have your names, go pick out heroes you want to train under, and send in those forms by tomorrow.” After he was done with class he left out the door, leaving ‘Midnight’ and the rest of the class to our own devices. After I got up from my seat to talk with Ida I was stopped. 

 

“You really should put me down for your internship.” ‘Midnight’ came out of nowhere to tell me she would take me in; I looked away slightly blushing. “Sorry I already had someone in mind to teach me.” She put her index finger to her lips in a quizzical expression. “Oh? And who would that person be?” This question got a few classmates looking to see; who I thought well enough of to teach me.

 

“I’m looking to be taught by Snipe.” Hearing this got some people's attention. The only thing I have that is ranged is my pistol. Once that is gone, all the teaching about aiming things will go out the window right? Well that may be true, but mid to long range is what I struggle with the most. Getting some pointers on that may help me when I need it most.

 

‘Midnight’ wouldn’t leave me alone about me picking her agency instead until Momo, and Kyoka both told her to stop. “Hmmm… I think I’m starting to get a clearer picture…” ‘Midnight’ gains a slightly sadistic smile while blushing. “That’s ok… I can wait…” I felt a shiver down my spine when she whispered that last part in my ear. Feeling my cheeks burn up, and my pulse quickening; I shook my head in the hopes of forgetting all that happened with ‘Midnight’. 

 

I felt another shiver down my back causing me to turn around, only to be met with gazes of contempt, jealousy, and anger. ‘This is where I need to make a quick getaway.’ As I was about to run I felt something tug at my ankle. Looking down I saw Kyoka’s earphone jack wrapped around me. Looking back up I saw both her and Momo looking at me with crooked smiles again. ‘Please have mercy… I didn’t do anything.’ 

 

“You are taking Snipe as your teacher right?” Kyoka asked in an overly happy tone that sent a primal pit of fear in me. Nodding my head violently my ankle was let go. Momo was up next with her own question. “What did she say to you as she left?” I paused for a second then shook my head. “I didn’t hear anything. '' Kyoka scoffed at my obvious lie. “Then what was that pause?” I paused again. “There was no pause.” She then stabbed me in my stomach with her earphone jack, causing me to grunt in pain. Other people looked for a second, then lost interest just as fast.

160