Chapter 57. Internship Begins
5.1k 19 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went inside, and spoke to a lady receptionist. “I know you. ‘Snipe’ said you’d be coming in today. Go through that door, and keep heading straight until you see the range.” I thanked her and proceeded where she told me to go. On my way I passed a few lesser known heroes, or side-kicks I wasn’t sure which. Looking around I noticed that this place seemed to just be a normal office building. The thought of a normal office building holding heroes was a bit jarring, but something I would have to get used to over the past few days I would be doing this.

 

‘I think I hear gunfire now.’ I accelerated my pace to get to the range faster, and within a few seconds I was there. Opening the door I saw ‘Snipe’ quickly shooting different targets all around him in quick, precise shots. “Woah…” I couldn’t help but awe at the speed and accuracy. ‘I know that is not from his quirk. They are all bullseyes, or very close to it. Six villains down… Just like that.

 

Noticing my presence ‘Snipe’ put his gun back in his holster he started walking towards me. His red sash flowed as he did so, and his spurs were accenting every step he made. “Hey Kid. I must confess I was surprised I was your first pick for your hero internship. What might be the reason behind you doing something like that?” I let out a smile. 

“I have a few reasons. I need practice to aim my gun, and nobody is better at that than you. I have a new technique I want to try that will help me with shooting, and I want to hear your ideas about it. It would also be good practice for me to deal with someone who likes long range. I can’t keep up ‘Overdrive’ for very long to just close gaps between my enemies. And finally I think you are a really cool hero.” I gave a slight laugh at myself for that last reason, but stood by it nonetheless.

 

‘Snipe’ stood in silence thinking of all that I said. “Well All Might did mention that your costume was a modern take on mine. Alright then… get in your costume, and meet me back here as soon as you're done.” giving him a nod I took my briefcase to the locker room. After opening the briefcase I was washed over with a sense of longing. “Oh I missed you too…” I said to my gear as I started putting it on.

 

After changing I went back to the range. ‘Snipe’ , seeing me nodded. “Good look kid. Now do you know how to use it?” I smirked “Which part? I got a lot going on.” He laughed at my question. “Alright kid you have a gun right? Show me nothing else. I need a baseline for what I’m dealing with. No techniques, no other gadgets, just you, your gun, and the targets.” I pulled out my six shooter from my left hip with a grin. “Yes sir!”

 

I got into the center of the room, and ‘Snipe’ went into the bulletproof control room. I heard a click to my left, and saw a target fast approaching me. I quickly fired my gun and hit around center mass. But as I was celebrating I heard a few more clicks all around me. I looked, and shot in the direction of the targets to the best of my ability. I was able to hit the targets, but they were getting further off the center as each one popped up. At the 6th target I fully missed it. 

 

Just after that the training stopped and ‘Snipe came out of the control room. “Not bad kid, but I can see you started to panic half-way through. You shot one of the civilian targets, your aim degraded from shot to shot, and finally I think that gun is a bottleneck. ‘One of those was a civilian?’ Then the other thing I missed was brought to my attention. “Bottleneck how?” “C’mon kid, you really don’t notice it? I thought you were smarter than that.” He said as he shook his head in disappointment.

154