Chapter 59. 10 Seconds
4.8k 7 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I yawned after my 23rd session. Not as much as being tired, but bored. ‘Well I think I can get away with using it once right? Nobody is watching.’ I turned on settings behind a panel in the corner to change a few things for testing my technique. After I was done I went back into the center of the training area. I took a deep breath in before starting the session. I put power into my frontal lobe again, except this time I used 5% per minute. After I did that I could almost feel time slowing down.

 

3 targets were midway through popping up, and I had a thought. ‘I can just shoot where I know they are going to be before they are fully up. I’ll have to factor in the bullet speed, and how fast the targets are moving, But I feel like I can figure those out quickly at this processing speed.’ I moved my arm to aim the weapon at the first target. ‘First my mind was falling behind to process my speed in ‘Overdrive’, and now I feel like my body can’t fully keep up with the actions I want to take. I’ll have to fully plan my moves ahead of time.’

 

I also noticed one other thing after I fired my first shot at the first target. ‘I feel like I can aim much easier. Like I already know where my shot is going to land, without aiming down my sights. Almost like I am instinctively calculating where the barrel is aimed, and seeing the line in which it goes. It’s very hard to describe, but it almost feels like a bullet time…' I finish my thoughts, as I shoot the third target. And just as I got finished with the three, I heard another more creaking from behind me.

 

Slowly turning around I looked at 6 targets around me. And just as fast as they came up, I shot them back down. And finally I had to deal with 3 targets on each side of me. I took care of the ones on the right of me first, then quickly dispatched the ones on my left. After they were all taken care of, this session was over. I turned off my Bullet Time, and let out a sigh. 

 

‘I’m not low on charge; far from it. I only used at most 5%, that was less than a minute. I’m not overheated yet. I could probably keep up Bullet Time for 10 minutes before having battery, or heat problems. Although the lack of heating issues may be in part of my costume. No, the real problem is after I’m done. I feel sick after getting my thoughts slowed back to normal. It isn’t so bad now since I used it for about a minute, and only at 5% per minute. However the higher the power, and the longer amount of time I use this. The worse the effects will be.’

 

I laid down on the cool ground for a second to catch my bearings. Trying to take my mind off of my sickness I think about how cool it will be to just walk into a room, and instantly deal with everyone in a flash, like a wild west hero. Getting my bearings back I got up to change the settings again back to the way they were. ‘I think I can suffer through that amount of sickness in a fight, but I best not push the limits of what I can fight under.’

 

While changing the settings the people inside the control room were flabbergasted. One person shakily asked the question on everyone's mind. “What was his time?” Another person closer to the clock shakily read out the time. “The last target was up at the 10 second mark, and the kid finished all targets in 10 seconds.” They all sat in silence at this boy, who was able to shoot with accuracy, and amazing speed. It did seem to come at a cost, but was amazing nevertheless.

161