Chapter 70. All’s Well.
4.4k 6 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the young green haired hero. “I don’t know. This will be a reason for him to get stronger, but I don’t want him to permanently damage his body to do it. He has to get stronger as fast as his body can take it. Telling him this could stress him out too much, and cause him harm pushing himself too far.” They both looked at each other then me again. Todoroki spoke up again. “Then what are we?” I scoffed. “You two can know about this because your quirks aren’t so volatile. He was so focused on saving me he forgot to manage his quirk, and broke his leg.” They both nodded in understanding.

 

Both of them agreed on keeping me ‘being kidnapped as part of the villains plan’ to ourselves as it was mostly based off of conjecture anyway. After a bit of time resting, Midoriya woke up. He seemed very glad that everything worked out, but I knew a little bit of drama was coming. I was filling in Midoriya on how I escaped from the flying Nomu. I told him about the electrical resistance, but I made sure to downplay it and move on; hopefully he won't read into it like I did.

 

After I was done with my story Gran Torino, Mr. Manual, and the chief of police walked into the room. ‘Man it is hard to get over his head being a dog.’ They came in and the chief talked about how the law is set to stop people from killing each other. That acting without permissions was a breach of the law, and he would have to punish us by the law. Hearing this, Todoroki started getting mad. “If Ida hadn’t acted, ‘Native’ would have been dead, and if Midoriya hadn’t acted then both of them would have been dead. Nobody knew that the ‘Hero Killer’ was in town. Your saying we should have let people die for the sake of the law!? Isn't it a hero's job to save people!?”

 

I smiled because I liked Todoroki’s backbone. ‘Standing up to the chief of police when you are hardly involved at all just to stand up for what you believe in.’ I stood up next to Todoroki and patted his shoulder in thanks. “Thanks Todoroki, but I think we should still listen to all of what the chief here has to say before we make judgement.” He looked at me surprised, but saw my face that I knew what I was doing and backed down.

 

The chief finished the rest of his speech of ‘That is only if this information is released. You can’t tell anybody, and if you do we will have to punish you.’ I smiled and nodded while thanking the chief. We all celebrated after all the adults left. After our quick celebration I had to go pick up my things from the ‘Snipe’ agency. I left our room, but as soon as I did I saw all my stuff on a bench ‘Snipe’ was also sitting on.

 

I walked over to the bench, and sat down. We sat in silence for a minute before ‘Snipe’ decided to talk. “Under the circumstances you did ok kid.” I smiled while chuckling for a bit. “Thank you… I have a question.” He nodded that he was listening. “I shot one of my taser rounds at the hero killer, but he was able to know and stop them. How could he do that without a quirk to help him?”

 

‘Snipe’ sat still while thinking for a moment. “He had enough experience fighting. With enough experience you gain sort of a 6th sense of danger. That is what you used when you dodged my first shot in the 40th round right?” I nodded as that was what my only plan was back then. ‘That is an actual technique?’ He continued on with his lesson. “The more you hone that 6th sense of danger, the more you can predict attacks coming at you.” 

 

I nodded at the lesson while thinking of how to train it. “Anyway kid, the internship is over, so I got all of your stuff.” He then stood up and walked away giving some parting words. “If you ever need help with anything at school, my door is always open, kid.” I smiled while bowing to his leaving figure. “Thank you very much for your guidance.”

148