Chapter 75. Emotional Admission
4.7k 26 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A second pair of hands started to touch my fingers while the first pair slowly continued to unwrap my arm feeling and poking it along the way up. Both pairs of hands were touching and prodding my arm to see if any parts were in any discomfort, or were in pain. I decided to try and talk while they were hopefully pacified at the moment. “It just looks like this to better handle my quirk. I don’t exactly like it, or want attention to come up over it.” Both pairs of hands kept feeling up and down my arm seemingly unaware of the rest of me. 

 

I slowly started to put the gauze back on my arm, and while doing this both of the girls seemed to awake from their stupor. “It just looks like that to better deal with my quirk, but I don’t want it to become a thing with all the questions. My arm is completely fine, it just looks weird now.” I was almost done wrapping myself but was having trouble until Momo’s hands calmly wrapped around mine, and proceeded to help me cover up my left hand.

 

While Momo was putting on my gauze, Kyoka was just staring at me before asking a very serious question in her indifferent voice again. “What was the cause of the change?” This caused Momo to pause for a second to look at me too with a quizzical look in her eyes. “I overloaded my nerves for an extended period of time, causing them to forcefully change to be able to handle more electricity.” I paused for a moment to realize what I just said. ‘Why didn’t I sugarcoat that!? I just say whatever is on my mind because Kyoka just asks her questions so matter-a-factly!!’ 

 

Hearing my answer both girls froze before proceeding to hit me while berating me. “You promised me! Promised both of us! Do you know what you did!? You evolved your cells forcefully! That kind of thing could kill you!! It only took you one day! One day after I reminded you, for you to just go and break it!! Do you even care that it hurts us whenever you hurt yourself!?” Momo shouted at me with tears in her eyes and hitting my arm, and sometimes throwing a slap in my face for good measure.

 

“You are so stupid! You are too stupid to think for yourself apparently! You just go off by yourself, and almost kill yourself whenever you do! You don’t care about your own well-being! How did you even get your parents on-board with these idiotic ideas!? I’m going to call child services!” After she finished, I froze with an almost blank expression, causing Kyoka to stop and stare. Momo’s eyes were wide in shock at what Kyoka just said. ‘I guess Momo never told Kyoka.’ I shakily started talking with a forced smile and chuckle. Partly because of the loss of my family, but also for letting down the two who care most about me. ‘I really went too far this time.’

“My parents died just before I came to school here.” Hearing me say this caused Kyoka to gasp while grabbing her mouth. Tears that were already flowing, started to flow even faster. Kyoka had an idea from my reaction, but with me admitting it, she fell from shock on the bed next to me. “I’m so-” I cut her off with a hand on her head while she was still looking down. “It’s ok… I know you didn’t know… I just figured something out after you said that… I just wanted to protect the people who were special to me… The only things I had left... Even at the cost of my own safety. Whether that be from fighting villains, or training too hard… But I wanted to protect you all even if that meant harming myself in the process… Seeing you both now, I know that kind of thinking was wrong. Seeing you both this sad, and angry for my well-being is something that I have been missing… That I didn’t even know I needed. I don’t want to let you both down again, so please give me another chance. I need you both in my life… Please.”

 

I looked up to my left and right to look at both of them with my pleading eyes. “Please… Tell me what I need to do. I have to be strong enough to protect everyone, but I don't want you two to be unhappy because of it. So I have to pick! I’m ripped between two things that I want, but have to pick between one or the other, I can’t choo-” I started to feel lost. I didn't know what I should do. I knew what dangers laid ahead, and how strong I would have to be. I still felt too weak, if I wanted to make things better than in the show. I had to get stronger, but if I lost the people I cared for in the process, then what was I doing it all for in the first place? I could save random civilians, but I would still be alone with nobody to truly care for me. I was cut-off from weight being thrown onto my chest and arms. I was being hugged by both the girls. They were crying with smiles on their faces. I was stunned and just stared at both of the girls as they just remained there for a few seconds before coming up one right after the other.

 

Momo spoke first, wiping tears from her eyes. “You don’t have to pick. We were never going to leave you for this. But we can’t just sit and watch you continuously hurt yourself for our sake.” Kyoka started talking next, but not before stabbing me in my stomach with her earphone jack. “We have to explain even the simple things to you, because you lack the ability to think for yourself. We want to help, so you don’t have to go through so much pain by yourself.” She then flicked my forehead with a small smile with tears welling her eyes, before she continued on. 

 

“We want to be able to support you, you big dummy. But we can’t if you won’t tell us anything on what you plan on doing. You go off, get hurt, and come back like it’s no big deal. We know your lying to try and spare us, but that only makes it worse. What happens when you really can’t handle it, and you don’t come back.” That last bit she almost whispered because she had a hard time saying it out loud. She then hit my arm, before grabbing onto it, refusing to let go. 

 

I just looked at both of them silently with a small smile on my face, before bringing both of them in a hug together. “I promise I will always try my best for you two. And I promise that I will include you both in more aspects of my life. You both deserve more than I can give, but I hope it will be enough.” After I said that we all just sat together for a minute or two before we remembered classes were starting soon.

136