Chapter 81. Class
4.1k 11 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning in my bed, with my alarm blaring at me. I had all of the memories of last night rush into my head. “Ughhh…” I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. ‘Why did I have to phrase things so bluntly!? How long was all of that building for? Do I even have to go to classes today? I still have a few days before exams. Just calling in sick would be nice… But I can’t run forever.’ I got up out of my bed, put bandages on my arm, and went to school. Making it into the classroom I saw both Momo and Kyoka look at me before turning red, and looking away. I was no different so I quickly sat down in my seat. 

 

Soon after I did, Deku came over to me. “Hello Kaminari.” I gave him a 2 finger salute back. “Yo” “What is with the bandages on your arm?” This turned Momo’s head, probably to see what I would do or say. I gave a quick look at my arm, then Momo. I then looked back at Deku to try and ease his worry. “Don’t worry it’s not really injured. It was kinda just a mistake on my part.” I didn’t really want to talk about it with Momo right next to me. These were experiments that I couldn’t do anymore.

 

Deku just looked at me, his eyes still filled with worry. I just smiled at him. “You don’t have to be worried about me. It just kinda happened while training.” His eyes kept looking back and forth between my arm, and my eyes. ‘I guess he still doesn’t really believe me. Is there really any way for me to ease his worry without letting him see under these bandages? Let's try distraction.’ “Anyway, what about you? Is your leg all healed?” Hearing about his leg got him embarrassed as he just nodded his head in silence.

 

I smiled at this display. “That’s good, I wouldn't want you to have to sit out on our practical exams.” Deku’s thoughts were brought back to the exams. “What do you think the practical exams will be?” This question brought some of the class’ attention to me.

 

I thought for a moment, thinking of whether or not I should let them know we would be fighting teachers. “I have heard a few things around the halls. I’ve heard of them using bots again, Having us fight with class 1-B, rescue training, I’ve even heard we would be fighting the teachers.” I laughed to make that last option sound the most ridiculous. However Momo, Kyoka, and Deku all took that last one the most seriously. “But most of the things I’ve heard have to do with fighting. My recommendation? Train your fighting skills while you have the chance. Deku you will probably get a higher score in the written test than me, so take time out of your day to train your quirk instead.”

 

What he said next kinda scared me. “I already am. I’ve already gotten to 8%” ‘That was 3% higher than in the show if I remember correctly.’ I soon gained a large smile. “Ha! Good job. But don’t think that will be enough to take me on just yet.” He gained a determined look. “I know... I know you are much stronger than me, but I will overtake you one day.” I chuckled. “That reminds me of the first day of classes. Don’t make me wait too long though.” Deku nodded and walked back to his desk.

 

Momo kept reading her book while she started talking to me. “Nice way of changing the conversation off of your arm.” I just had a small defeated smile. “That's because he lets me do it. He knows I want to change it, and lets me. He doesn’t chase me down for answers.” I chuckled at that last part. “I have you two for that…” I spoke in a low tone, but Momo seemed to hear what I said because her face turned red and she quickly brought her book over her face.

 

“Do you really think the practical exams might have us fight teachers?” I smiled. “Now who is the one who is changing the conversation?” Hearing this made her blush so hard her ears were also turning red. I chuckled then continued on. “If there is anything that I’ve learned at this school, it’s to never underestimate what the teachers will put us through to help make us better heroes.” She thought about my answer for a bit before coming to a conclusion. “We are going to have to practice more.” I nodded at her statement just before class began.

127