Chapter 84.
3.9k 18 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok the heat convection is about the same as the other highly viscous goo. So that means that the viscosity of the goo changes how it reacts to heat and electricity, but acidity has a negligible effect.” Momo nodded at my conclusion while Ashido was more confused then she was,  studying for the written exam. I wrote everything down before tearing the paper out of my notebook and giving it to Ashido. She looked at it and waited for me to explain.

 

“When you make your goo more viscous it becomes resistant to electricity. When you make your goo less viscous it becomes more resistant to heat. If you wanted you could probably be a firefighting hero. You could cover your body in highly viscous goo to stop shocks of electric attacks, as well as blunt attacks. That isn't even counting how your goo can become acidic, and increase your defense.” I went off with all of the information at once before I realized what I did. When I did catch myself I blushed a little bit. 

 

“Sorry, I get kinda excited when thinking about how to use quirks in new ways.” Momo shook her head with a smile, while Ashido was looking at the paper I gave her. “Do you really think I can do it?” I looked at her in confusion. “Why shouldn’t I? I guess you would have to be able to control the goo while you are still connected to it. If you physically can't do that then we can just think of something else. The whole idea of this place is to train new ideas. Some things may not work, but I would rather fail here than in the field.”

 

Ashido gave me a smile, but it wasn’t her normal happy go lucky. It was more of a bittersweet smile. She then quickly got up and started walking to the training room. I looked at Momo in confusion. “Did I say too much?” She looked at me with exasperation on her face. ‘She may be tired of the fact we have to clean after Ashido as well. Now that I think about it the show never really talks about how much they would need to clean after Ashido. Maybe it mostly just evaporates.’ “Don’t worry that much about the mess they are making, I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think to clean up.”

 

She looked at me with surprise, then understanding, and finally deadpanned. After all of that she shakes it away with a small smile, and drags me into the training room with the others. She then starts training with Kyoka in the corner of the room away from others while talking with serious expressions. ‘Probably talking about techniques, can’t really help there.’ I looked over to see Sero and Ojiro fighting. Sero was sticking to the ground and pulling himself to increase his speed at attacking, while Ojiro was trying to use his tail to clothesline him.

 

They were both going back and forth with each other, so I found very little to be able to help. I looked over at Hagakure, and decided to leave her be too. 'This is all about her quirk, I gave her the idea, but I don't know the feeling of bending light.' I then looked back over to Ashido who was off staring at something. I walked over to her and saw she was staring at my paper. “Trying to memorize it?” I said while sitting down opposite of her. She was startled by me, but quickly looked away. “Yeah totally, I have a sorta hard time trying to remember things, but this seemed important.” I thought for a second to see if I could help her. “Try and think about it like this. The more your goo is like water the more it is better against fire. Anything more viscous and it becomes better at electricity.” 

 

I tried to make it as concise as I could, but I felt like I was just making it more difficult for her based on that slight frown on her face. I sighed before thinking of something. “Ok you know what. Forget it.” She looked at me with worry like I was mad at her. I smiled and laughed. “You don’t have to look so scared. I just thought of the answer. Just forget it.” She then looked at me confused at this point. “You don’t need to think that hard about what's best. Your type of fighting just relies on feeling. You have fun, you slide around, move your body like you're dancing. Do you really have to think about where to put your weight to flow into your next move while dancing?” 

 

Ashido looked at me with amazement as I continued on. “Of course not, it’s all on feelings, instinct, and muscle memory. You shouldn't have to think of what kind of goo would be best. You should just feel it. So here is what I’m thinking. We train you to instinctively use the correct kind of goo through split second attacks being either electricity or heat. That way you won't have to try and memorize anything.”

 

I started thinking of ways to do the training, while I was busy with that, Ashido just stared at me. She didn’t know what to think. I was just a walking mystery. I was very close to two girls at once. She had heard that my eye had changed recently, she also noticed the bandage covering my whole arm. Yet through all of my mysteries, she was able to see something else. She could remember what I yelled during the U.S.J. She knew that I had a lot of problems, but through all that I was still trying my best for others. She liked that. That’s why she wanted to be a hero. To stand up to bullies and villains to protect the little guy.

 

She was just a little sad at the idea that I was so close to Momo and Kyoka. Ashido always liked seeing relationships play out; especially in person. However this time she wasn’t happy seeing it right now. While she was putting her thoughts in order I was done with my idea of training. “Ok, I have an idea how this is gonna work, I just need some permission.” I went off to Momo and Kyoka after telling Ashido to stay put. 

 

They both saw me coming toward them and stopped fighting. I gave them a small smile just seeing them made me happy now. They caught on and both looked away while Kyoka stabbed me. “Ok I need permission to use my left arm as well as a glove that conducts heat, but not electricity.” Hearing this, both girls’ were very serious. “I have an idea of what you might be thinking, but I think it would be best for you to still explain.” “Yea, I’m glad you’re asking this time. I guess it’s a start, but I’m not allowing you to do something stupid in the sake of training anymore.”

 

I couldn't help but gain a loving smile at both of them before I discussed my training idea. They looked a little unhappy, but Kyoka was confused. “I thought you didn’t want to show that around? Why are you doing it now?” I laughed a little at my own answer. “I don’t want the teachers to know mostly. Call me paranoid, but I have a fear of being studied, or asked too many questions from authority figures. I trust everybody in this room, plus… I was mostly trying to hide it from the both of you. After I did it, I didn’t want to worry you so I wanted to keep it from you. Just kept running… Well that's over now, so I have much less reason to hide it now.”

 

Momo was smiling while shaking her head, while Kyoka was blushing and punched me in my arm this time. “Fine you can use your stupid arm, but we have to supervise. I heard what you did with that lighter.” After saying that, she stabbed me for that one. Momo made me a gauntlet to my specifications. It was made of some sort of synthetic material I couldn’t really place. I put it on, and it fit snugly against my hand and forearm. I put electricity into my arm, but couldn’t feel any coming out. “Perfect. You really are amazing, where do you keep all of this information?” Momo just smiles slightly smugly. “It is because I am a genius.” I smiled back at her while bringing both girls over to Ashido.

122