Chapter 87. Out Of The Bag
3.7k 3 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at both of them and sighed. “Yea, I should have expected that.” ‘I was always teased for listening to him back in the early 2000’s. Let alone he was American.’ “Billy Joel was an American singer and songwriter, back in the 1970’s I believe. He made a few big hits. I used to listen to him a lot. But I guess… That was a long time ago now.” I chuckled while thinking of my old life. All of the songs, TV shows, movies I may never get to watch again. By the end I was welling up tears.

 

Momo and Kyoka looked at me with worry. I smiled and shook my head. “Sorry, songs just trigger memories sometimes. I guess sadness can just come from nowhere at random times. But I wouldn’t change anything. I want you both to know that. Everything that I went through brought me together with both of you now. That is more than I could ever deserve in this life.” I brought my arms around both of them and hugged them tightly. “I love you both. I want to let you know that enough, so that whenever I am sad, or angry, I will always have some happiness at the same time. Just because both of you are by my side.”

 

Momo just had a small smile while tears were welling in her eyes. She just nodded while she was squeezing me. Kyoka pinched me while her earphone jacks were twirling around. “Stupid tongue of yours. Always making speeches, and knowing what to say.” After she finished her complaints she rested her head on my shoulder again. I just petted both of them while I felt happiness again. ‘Man I really am just a rollercoaster of emotions.’ We hugged each other until I drifted off again. I awoke to find Momo and Kyoka talking frantically.

 

I was still a little bit in a daze, but I was slowly getting my bearings. “Sorry did I drift off?” I said as I was groggily opening up my eyes and stretching. “What’s wrong you two?” Hearing me get up, everybody went quiet. After standing up I looked around to see Momo, Kyoka, and Ashido all together staring at me. They were all like deer in headlights. I was a little confused why they were looking at me like that, but I was too tired to really investigate. “What time is it?” They all looked at each other with relieved expressions, then Ashido looked at her phone. “It’s 8:00 pm” 

 

I yawned as I got up. “Ugh…Sleeping here really didn’t do any favors to my back.” I walked over to the exit in my half asleep state. “Ok I think it’s about time for me to go home. I’ll see you all at school tomorrow. Goodnight, love you both.” As soon as those words left my mouth I stopped in my tracks. I slowly looked behind me to see if I just said what I thought I did. 

 

I saw Momo blushing while shaking her head. Kyoka was frowning, blushing, and was stabbing me all at once. Ashido had a look of confirmation on her face. “Ohh…” “Is ‘oh’ all you have to say, you idiot!?” I started to blush in embarrassment. “I think I already said too much.” I just looked away in shame as Kyoka stabbed me again. “Where is that speech maker now!?” She yelled as she was hitting me in the arm now. “You know I can’t lie Kyoka, that’s why I try to withhold the truth.” “Well you didn’t withhold it now!” I couldn’t say anything back in my defense. “I’m sorry…”

 

Momo and Ashido were just silent watching both Kyoka and I ‘talk’. Momo just talked to Ashido while Kyoka and I were busy. “We still don’t really know what this is. Jiro and I were both in love with him. We had an opportunity to get an answer out of him without telling him anything that might skew his thoughts. We expected him to at least pick one of us, or perhaps turn both of us down. However Denki admitted to being in love with both of us.” Momo shook her head with a slight smile, while Ashido was just in shock. 

 

“Jiro and I did not know what to do in that situation, but we both saw him walk away with an expression I can't think of without... I couldn’t watch it any longer, and neither could Jiro. We haven’t gone any further than when you saw us napping together. This is not some way to relieve stress, nor is it the passion of the night. This is love. I do not know where it may take us, but I ask you not to judge.” Momo then looked at Ashido who was wearing a bittersweet smile.

 

“No, I totally won’t judge. I noticed the face he has when he looks at either of you. I always liked romance. I know what look a guy in love has. He totally has that look. You both are very lucky.” Momo looked at Ashido seriously, and with a hint of surprise. “You are not, are you?” Ashido laughed weakly at it. “No, totally not. I just like seeing love. I love, love. Just a bit jealous of seeing it so strongly, waiting for my own hero may take a while.” Momo then sighed and looked back at Kyoka and I, still going at it. “If you think just waiting will get you anything in love. You are dead wrong.” Momo said to Ashido while walking off towards Kyoka and I. What nobody noticed was the pair of boots moving themselves in the corner of the room.

 

Back to my point of view, I saw Momo walk up from behind Kyoka. “Excuse me Jiro, but I think you should stop fighting.” Kyoka in the middle of hitting me looked around at Momo in shock. “Look what he did! We were almost in the clear before this idiot just spilled everything!” I looked down in more shame. Momo then whispered something to Kyoka I couldn’t quite hear. Kyoka hearing this let out a startled “What!?” before proceeding to hit me one last time. “Don’t let it happen again. I swear I’m gonna have to put you on a leash…” Kyoka shook her head while walking away.

 

I looked at Momo in confusion. She gave me a warm comforting smile. “It’s ok, however this needs to be a learning experience for you. We still haven't discussed exactly what this is yet. I think it best for us to figure that out, before we start casually announcing it.” I nodded my head in shame of letting both of them down. Seeing this Momo started patting my head. “It is fine. Ashido is very understanding, and has agreed to not let this spread until we are ready. I know you always do your best, but some things still fall through despite your best efforts.” She started giggling before continuing on. “It is quite cute to see.”

103