Chapter 88. The Night Before Tests
4k 17 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days of studying and training continued on. The boys were getting better at using their quirks like my idea. They seemed to be quite happy about the results. Sero was happy about being compared to Spider-Man. After I mentioned it, he looked up old comics, and movies about it. Turns out this universe has almost all of the same things it did when I left. I sighed in relief at finding that out. Too bad almost everything I liked was in English, so I couldn’t really go around singing it like I was an English major.

 

Ashido became very proficient at my idea of a slime girl. I don’t know if that's what the move should be called, but Ashido didn’t have any problems with me calling it that. She could cover her body in incredibly viscous goo with low to medium acidity. The viscous of the goo would reduce blunt attacks, but if she wanted she could shed the layer she wore and put in a more higher acidic layer for a short period of time to increase her power. Her movements were unimpeded, or slightly faster due to lack of friction. She could make tentacles, and control them at will for attack or maybe even controlling the enemy. She had become a very strong fighter. 

 

On a more personal subject, Ashido was very curious about Momo, Kyoka, and my relationship. Whenever the boys were busy, or not around she would come over to me while I was watching Momo and Kyoka training. What we didn't realize was Hagakure training close enough to overhear our conversations. “So… When did this start?” I just kept looking at both of the girls while talking to Ashido. “I was in love with both of them as late as when I fought the hero killer. Probably earlier, but I didn’t want to admit it. We started this relationship just a few days ago.”

 

Ashido just nodded before asking another question. “Why do you love them?” I laughed a little bit at that question. “What is not to love? I honestly can’t think of any glaring flaw. Sure they may have personality quirks, but I love those quirks of theirs. I love Kyoka being shy, and a bit of a tsundere. I love Momo being distant, yet tender and caring. It is just who they are, and I wouldn’t change them in any way. In any case, I honestly don’t know why they love me?”

 

I could tell Ashido was staring at me from the corner of my eye. I looked back at her to see her expression of bitter sweetness. She looked away to try and hide it, but she was a little too late. I looked back to Momo and Kyoka who were still training. Ashido then looked back over at both of them before continuing her questioning. “I don’t see it as totally far-fetched… What exactly is this?” I just looked ahead for a bit while thinking. 

 

“I don’t really know. All I know is that I love them, and I am theirs. I will do my best for both of them, and I will always try to be better for them. I am selfish, but I hope to give them enough to off-set my selfishness. Whatever they want us to be, I’ll do my best to be that. I just want to be with them. I am selfish so I want to be as close as I can though. It is a very confusing situation, but I like it. I just want to be as close as I can to them. However close they feel comfortable with is more than I deserve.”

 

After I was talking I got stabbed by Kyoka. “Even if I’m fighting I can still hear you ya know? I can’t focus when you just start spouting all of that!” I was stabbed again while Momo was also a little red herself. “Sorry, I’m sorry, please stop stabbing me.” I was just accepting it while telling her to stop. She finally relented, and Kyoka and Momo started to take a break with Ashido and I. Sero and Ojiro saw this and decided to take a break as well. While Hagakure just kinda melded in the background.

 

“I think we got this! I feel like I can beat that practical exam in my sleep now!” Sero was really excited about the practical exam in two days. Ojiro was also pumped. I thought about what teachers they get paired with, I couldn’t really remember, but it wasn’t life or death so I didn’t really mind. The others noticed my gaze and the boys got a little scared. “Hey… Kaminari? Do you happen to know something about these practical's?” I looked at Sero and gave a knowing smile. 

 

“Well I told you all before that I heard a few things in the halls right?” I looked at everyone who nodded their heads slowly. “Well I’ve been hearing that the teachers, almost all of them, have made time in their schedules the same time as our practical's. Now it would make sense for one or two as a coincidence, but almost all of them?” Everyone looked at me with bated breath with the idea of what I was saying. “I think all of the teachers are going to help us personally.” I unknowingly started to grin at the idea.

 

Everyone was stunned to say the least. Everything was silent while everyone stared at my face. “I always wanted a rematch with ‘Snipe’ with my quirk.” “Wait a second. You fought against ‘Snipe’ before?” Sero asked me with an unbelievable expression. I nodded. “Yea he beat me 39 times before I just barely got him.”

I laughed a bit at everyone's surprise. “Don’t think about it too much, I’m fairly certain you all will fight a pro from here as well.” At that thought both of the boys insisted on going back to training. It was the last day we would be doing this, and they really wanted to be prepared now. After they left it was just me and all of the girls. I sat between Kyoka on my left, with Momo on my right, and Ashido was in front of all of us. “You think you all are ready?” I looked around at all of the girls. Ashido looked like she didn’t even care about the teachers, Kyoka seemed to be psyching herself up to the idea, while Momo looked unsure. 

 

I put my hand on top of hers, and gave her a reassuring smile. She looked at me in glances with her reddened face. “You’re gonna do fine. Even without any help, you would have been able to knock this out of the park. You just need to believe in yourself more. You aren't the best tactician in our class without reason aren’t you?” Her smile grew as she looked at me. She looked at the two boys fighting, then gave me a quick hug. “Besides, even if you do fail, I will just have to give you personal lessons. I see it as a win-win.” I gave her a slight smirk as Kyoka stabbed me in the back.

 

I chuckled a little bit. “Of course that would go for you too, Kyoka. But just to make sure. I don’t want either of you thinking about losing on purpose.” I felt a punch from Kyoka at saying that, while Momo just shook her head with her blushing smile. I laid down, and just stared at the ceiling thinking of what would be good ideas of just hanging out with both Momo, and Kyoka. 

 

‘I think we all got to do some shopping together as a class, that might be fun. I think that is where handsy dude starts choking Deku about All Might. I want to have fun, and I have to let the plan get far enough so I can capture him while All For One is getting beat. I can’t change the story too much, but I already have. Will he do something different? Will Deku be safe? I want to have a date with Momo and Kyoka, but I’m having a hard time deciding what to do. Making a call to the police might just scare him into taking hostages. Getting him myself may just make All For Ones plans change into something more drastic. I think it's best to let it play out. I haven't changed that much… I hope.’

 

After all of my thinking I was brought out of my thoughts with both Sero and Ojiro saying they wanted to leave early. ‘What happened to all of that focus? You guys think you're strong enough to face pro’s now? Or are they more worried about the written test at this point? Whatever, I still need to think of the future.’ I told them goodbye, and that I’d see them at school later. The other girls did the same, as I laid back down on the floor. I was trying to think of what might come next. ‘I think stain still managed to fix his jaw, and do his speech while trying to take down Endeavor. So that means all of the others will join forces with handsy… Great.’ 

 

I sighed at how even trying to dislocate his jaw to stop him from talking, he still managed to do his speech. I thought he wouldn’t so I never checked, but apparently he did. ‘Looks like I’m gonna have to try and talk some of these kids down. Toga will be difficult, but I think I can talk some sense into her. Dabi or should I say Toya Todoroki is going to be impossible though. I almost agree with him trying to kill his father. I just don’t know where he really stands. I never got far enough in the story to know his motivation. The only reason I do know about his identity is someone spoiling it for me. I think that kid has problems with the heat of his quirk. It explains his skin looking burnt and stapled together. I don’t remember the others off the top of my head, so I’m gonna have to sit down at my desk to really hash out ideas.’

 

I was lost in my thoughts again so much so I didn’t notice both girls were laying down next to me, and using me as a pillow. Kyoka forced my arm down under her head, still giving me enough room to move my arm to pet her, which I was doing subconsciously. Momo just laid her head down on my chest while I was also petting her subconsciously. I let out a contented sigh while smiling. ‘Let's leave that for later. Right now I am with the girls I love.’ I closed my eyes and just slowly petted their hair while laying down together. 

 

I was just content, and happy with what was happening right now. I was drifting off when I heard a noise behind me. I turned my head and saw Ashido just lying behind me with our heads almost touching. “Taking a break?” I asked with my eyes closed knowing everything was fine. “Yea… I just totally need some extra time to think.” I chuckled. “Watch out, overthinking can be the death of you. People used to call that the yips.” I heard her scoot around a little before she talked at a slightly higher altitude now. “I guess you totally told me to just forget thinking, and just start doing what I feel.” 

 

I smiled while petting Momo and Kyoka. “That is who you are. You dive head first into any conflict, without thinking of the consequences. Just as long as you think it’s right in that split second. You don’t think. I’m not saying that as a bad thing. That is what a hero needs to be sometimes. They just want to help and save others before they can think. That is the kind of hero you are. I basically just told you to be true to yourself. Nothing really profound there.”

 

We sat in silence for a little bit before Ashido finally spoke again. “What made you confess to Jiro and Yaoyorozu?” I stopped petting both girls for a second on hearing the question. I sat in silence gathering myself, of what to say.

109