Chapter 95. Diagnosis
3.4k 32 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just sat still wallowing in despair. I pushed myself to help Mina, when I could’ve just left with the win. But I couldn’t and wouldn’t leave her. Only problem was the amount of damage I did to myself to get it done. My arm dropped from Mina after she stopped supporting it. The room was quiet, I’m guessing nobody knew what to say. After a minute or two of awkward silence, we heard a commotion from the door to the room of beds connected to the viewing room with ‘Recovery Girl’. I got up, relying on nerve control to help me move my body forcefully. While I was doing that Mina was helping to support me from behind.

 

The door soon opened with Deku rushing in from behind it. Well rushing in as fast as someone who was thrashed by All Might could move. He stood next to me with the look of worry and anger filling his gaze. “Calm down Deku, it isn’t as bad as it sounds.” As I finished saying that I heard gasps of shock from all of the girls, and looks of anger. “Ok, it is as bad as it sounds.” I lowered my head, and almost fell off of the bed. I was quickly caught by Deku and Mina before I fell off the bed.

 

“Thank you.” I said weakly as I was being leaned back into the bed. This did not help sell the idea of me being fine. “H-How did this happen?” I chuckled a little bit. “I needed a speed boost, and a way to understand that speed. But I guess I heat up too quickly in 3rd gear.” Deku looked at me quizzingly with a hint of anger and worry still present. “You tested a new technique in the middle of this, and that new technique almost killed you?” I laughed weakly. “If you say it like that, it sounds really bad. I just needed a way to not leave anyone behind. I didn’t think I would end up in this state because of it.”

 

Everyone looked at me in silence. I lowered my gaze, struggling to try and avoid theirs. “I’m sorry, to all of you. For worrying you all through this.” Kyoka then moved forward and grabbed my shirt. “You are supposed to say, for doing this to yourself as well, you idiot.” Momo then came forward as well. “Yes, you really need to learn to value your health more.” She flicked my forehead lightly. Mina then tapped my shoulder to get my attention. “I can’t tell you what you did was wrong, because you did it for me. But I totally hate seeing you like this for me. Knowing you would is totally more than enough.”

 

Hagakure then spoke. “Yea, you really are super dumb. We all have our work cut out for us trying to get you to learn.” Deku didn’t seem to notice the closeness I had with these girls, and added on. “Kaminari, I don’t like seeing you like this. I know that heroes are always putting their body’s on the line. But I don’t like the idea of you going to the hospital every time you face a strong opponent.” I laughed weakly while lying down in bed.

 

I looked at everyone looking back at me with concern and worry. “I… I don’t know what to say. What I did was bad, but I couldn’t leave Mina with a leg like that. I don’t think I could face myself if I left someone in training, because if something happened in real life, I would rather die than leave someone behind. I know I shouldn’t have done this move here, but I didn't think about that at the moment.” The room was silent for a minute. Until Hagakure finally spoke up. “Why did you call her ‘Mina’?”

 

“That’s what you got from that?” I said with an exasperated tone. I looked around and everyone else was nodding their heads, even Deku. Kyoka, who was still holding my coat, was now pinching my arm. “You really are an idiot. How stupid can you be?” I weakly batted away her hand to no avail. Momo then placed her hand on Kyoka’s, silently asking her to stop doing this right now. Kyoka sighed and let go, but not without giving me a little slap on my arm before she did.

 

Deku was just confused as to what was happening, but I didn’t mention it. I yawned and stretched as I started to sit up again. Everyone had their hands up, as if to catch me in case I fell over again. “Everyone, I’ll be fine.” I could feel more power into my limbs from before. I had a hard time, but I eventually got to the end of the bed. Mina and Deku helped me stand off of the bed. I still had the I.V. attached so I had a hand on the stand, and was using it to support me. Deku, seeing this but my left arm over his shoulder to help me support myself as well.

 

“Thanks.” Deku nodded while we all moved out to the viewing room. Sitting in her chair, Recovery girl turned to look at us. “You really did it this time kid. You were close to getting heat stroke. The lack of water in your system, added with the immense heat your body was generating, made it a likely possibility. Lucky for you, your friends goo did a really good job of cooling you down.” I looked over at Mina who was blushing slightly. “I was also asked to leave your left arm alone. I took a peek anyway, and I must say I’m impressed at the sheer lack of intelligence you possess. Doing that to yourself on a hunch. I’m surprised you lived past elementary school.”

 

I chuckled weakly with nothing to say in my defense. “Outside of all of that, the only other thing you have wrong with you, would be the lactic acid build up in your muscles again. Soon enough your body may get used to this, and change again if you keep this up. I’m fairly certain your friends would be against the idea with me on this though.” I looked at Deku nodding, then I turned to look at the others all nodding at me. “No more school for today, so just go home and rest. Or have someone else look after you, since I know your personality, and won’t do it yourself.”

 

I chuckled weakly at the truthfulness of that statement. I was then tugged by Mina. “I think I should do it. He did get this way for me, so I totally need to repay him.” Kyoka spoke up next. “I don’t think so! He got that way because you were too unprepared for the test. You should train more, while I can take care of this idiot.” Momo was next. “I believe that it would be best for Denki to stay at my house, as he already knows it, and it has staff to help take care of him.” 

 

Deku was surprised at the sudden takers to help take care of me. I tried to calm them all down. “I can rest home by myself. Nobody has to help me get better.” All of the girls stopped arguing, looked at each other for a second, and confirmed something. Momo then stood forward from the rest of them. “Denki, you are too disoriented to be thinking for yourself at the moment. Let us take care of this, before we can take care of you.” I looked at her incredulously, and moved my gaze to the other girls, who all seemed to agree with Momo on this.

91