Chapter 122. New Costumes
2.5k 26 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later I was asked to come pick up my modified costume, to see if everything was up to specifications. Walking towards the support center again, I was off thinking about how to spend more time with the girls. ‘I think I could get Jin to make two doubles of me, and have us all randomized between the girls. Would they appreciate that? I’m splitting myself in three to give them each time alone with me. However, that time would mean nothing to me. I wouldn’t remember the time I spent with them…’ I kept thinking while on autopilot to the room.

 

I kept walking until I bumped into something soft. I took a step back to gather my bearings, and looked at what I ran into. I saw ‘Midnight’ looking at me with an almost horrified expression. I was confused at how she was reacting to me, and how she was acting before. “Are you ok?” I asked furrowing my brows in concern. She frowned and her expression got worse as she was starting to walk away. I looked off at the direction she was walking and saw Kyoka was standing close behind me. I smiled as I greeted her.

 

“Hey Kyoka! Do you have any idea what is wrong with ‘Midnight’ recently? I’ve noticed she has been acting strange for the last few days.” Kyoka just stared at me with disbelief. I looked at her, confused at her expression. She then began to get mad at me, and proceeded to hit and stab me while throwing insults. “Why are you like this!? Why are you so stupid!? Why do you have to be so dumb!?” After some time of her getting that all from her system, she finally relaxed. “You… You need to be put on a leash. C’mon, I’m going with you. I need to see some of my costume alterations too, and I can’t trust you not to do anything while I’m not watching.” She grabbed my sleeve and started pulling me back toward the support center with a huff.

 

I didn’t get the answer to my question, but I didn’t want to remind her, only to get beaten up more. I looked around to see the hallway was empty, and then proceeded to hold Kyoka’s hand. She was shocked and started to get embarrassed at what we were doing, but that only made me more in love with her cuteness. I chuckled at her display, before she tore her hand away and gave me a scowl. I was a little sad that it ended so soon, but still happy that it happened at all. We walked to the support center in silence as Kyoka kept looking at me from the corner of her eye, and started to blush periodically. 

 

I smiled, and fell deeper in love at how adorable Kyoka was. We made it to the support center. I opened the door and we both went inside. The place looked more messy than usual. Kyoka and I both waded through random pieces and parts to try and find somebody. “Hello!? ‘Power Loader!?’ I had a costume ready for today!?” 

I yelled out to try and get some indication that this was the place to be. While walking around I finally heard something moving in the back. Kyoka and I looked at each other for a second, before moving towards the noise. As we approached Kyoka grabbed my shirt tight, and stood closer to me. We turned the corner to see ‘Power Loader’ tinkering with what looked to be earphones in his helmet. I sighed as he looked at us, and had an epiphany. “Right, that was today.” I nodded at him as he took out his earphones. “Just give me one second, I got them right around here.” He went around the table and brought out two suitcases.

 

“Put these on in the changing room, and tell me how they fit.” We both nodded at him while grabbing hold of our respective costumes. I went into the male changing room, and put on the new alterations. The gloves were strange, they were thin, but very durable, and felt slashing resistant. I was impressed at how durable the material was. The clothes that I wanted changed, felt cooler. Almost like I was having the heat being sucked right from my body. I liked it a lot. ‘This feels amazing. Now I can be in my ‘Overdrive’ longer. Only problem is my head can still overheat, but I don’t have any idea of what to make to cool it.’

 

I then put on my boots. I gained a smile just looking at them. They were black with accents of gold. They had latches instead of laces to keep them secured. One was on the foot, another on the ankle, and the last was around my calf. These were not coming off. They hooked into my pants to allow charge through when the rest of my clothes did, and they even had metal in the heels to allow electricity to flow out from my soles if I wanted. I then looked at the front steel toes. I smiled evilly at the prongs that I could make crackle like a taser. ‘I almost want to fight someone right now to see how much damage these puppies could do.’

 

Was it completely practical? Maybe not. I had little need to increase the options for close quarter combat, but it was satisfying to look at. I smiled at the new parts of my costume, but then I had a sudden thought. I looked at my left arm and started to put power into it to make it glow. The costume was pulling heat away from my arm quickly, but still allowed me to heat up my arm and attack people with that. ‘Good, I need to be able to heat up at least my arm easily. Never know when heating something up could help in the field.’ 

 

I left the changing room to see Kyoka was leaving her changing room at the same time. We both looked at each other, and our alterations. She had her wrist mounted speakers like in the original, but I noticed her jacket also seemed to be laced with some new tools. I smiled as I looked at her, and walked over. “What did you add?” I asked with a smirk at seeing her in her costume. She returned a smirk of her own.

“They are for anything I may need.” I laughed a little at her little reference, and looked over to ‘Power Loader’. “My alterations are perfect, thank you and Hatsume for helping me.” I said as I gave a slight bow. He smiled under his mask as he held his hand out for a handshake. “Just remember who got you started. If you ever get to be rich and famous, point others with your approval to my workshop.” I smirked and chuckled before shaking his hand. Soon after Kyoka and I both left to head off to the training area to test some of our new toys. I couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face even if I tried. This was just too amazing to not be excited about.

 

We both made it to the gym to see other students trying out new ideas for cool moves. I smiled at Tokoyami being clothed in darkness. “You like black almost as much as he does.” I looked over at Kyoka grinning at my fondness for dark, and the like. I blushed a bit in embarrassment as I let out an awkward chuckle. “Well… It does look cool.” She smiled and rolled her eyes as we made our way to talk with ‘Ectoplasm’. He looked at us and we both gave our greetings. “Hello ‘Ectoplasm’. Can you make us a clone for each of us to test out some of our new costume designs?” He nodded and asked us to stand back a bit.

 

He then vomited out sludge, and that sludge took his form. I got a little sick watching so I turned my head until he was done. We both thanked him, and then went our separate ways to train. I walked over to an area apart from the rest of the class besides Toga. I looked at what she was doing, and it looked like she was transforming between different students in the class. She noticed me staring and ran over to tackle me with a hug. “Denki~!” She yelled as she charged over. I caught her as she nuzzled herself into my chest. I sighed and petted her hair with a small smile appearing on my face.

 

“Denki! I’ve been practicing real hard! I can use Uraraka’s quirk easy, and I’m trying to get a feel for Tsuyu’s! I’m gonna be able to be strong enough to go with you anywhere!” She yelled at me while smiling and blushing at the idea of never leaving my side. ‘I don’t want her to be dependent on me, but I also think it’s a good idea for her to get stronger.’ I smiled at her and tapped her forehead to get her attention. “Toga, I think it’s great that you want to be a strong hero. I also think it’s great for you to be with me a lot. But I don’t want you to become dependent on me. I think along with me, you should also be making friends in the class.” After hearing that she started to frown, and looked down in sadness.

I sighed again as I hugged her to help her feel better. “Toga, I’m not saying that we should distance ourselves. I’m just saying you should also get closer with others you feel comfortable around. Maybe not as much as me, but there must be a girl or two that you like to hang out with.” Hearing this, she got really happy again and started nodding fervently in approval. I smiled at her, and had a thought. I got close to her ear to whisper something ‘Ectoplasm’ couldn’t hear. “I think you have been doing a great job. I think you deserve your reward. You can have some blood later tonight.” I then stepped away to see the look on her face.

 

She had a massive smile that seemed to encroach on more of her face than usual. She was also salivating, to the point she was almost drooling, just thinking about my blood. I got a smile just seeing her act like that about me. ‘It does help self-esteem to see a girl do that over your body.’ I chuckled at my own thoughts and garnered a slight blush seeing her like that over me. I then moved over back to ‘Ectoplasm’. “Ok, let’s get this started.” I said with a big grin on my face.

76