Chapter 124. Dinner
2.3k 6 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made it back to the gym around the same time that class 1-B did. I walked from behind them all and ran into Awase and Tokage. “Sup guys.” I said while waving at the both of them. They turned around to see me and both smiled. “Kaminari, it’s good to see you.” “Yea, how’ve you been?” I started talking loosely about what the class has been up to since we all moved into the dorms. Awase noticed the part about Toga. “That girl worked for the league of villains? And now you are her caretaker?” He said full of disbelief. I moved my head back and forth in a ‘Kinda like that’ expression. “I wouldn’t say caretaker. I’m just someone that helps her talk and act with others around. She can get excited easily.”

 

While Awase was focusing on his new classmates one door down, Tokage decided to focus on the bright point of moving to the student dorms. “That was you guys!? I happened to hear the music from my room, and went out to look, but couldn’t get a view. That barbeque smelled heavenly!” I smiled awkwardly and blushed a bit in happiness at my food being complimented. “Thanks, I’m glad our class wasn’t the only one to enjoy the celebration of moving here.” We were about to continue our conversation when we were interrupted by Monoma.

 

“Don’t fraternize with the enemy! If he decides to change to our class and grovels at our feet to let him in, then maybe-” He was suddenly knocked out and dragged away by Kendo. I chuckled at the comedy routine and left with the rest of 1-A. “Good luck on your training.” I yelled as I left, and both Awase and Tokage waved back with smiles.

 

After we changed we then entered our dorms, and I got to work on making something for dinner. ‘I used a lot of energy, so carbs are probably a good idea.’ I began to think of foods that are full of carbs and my mind went to one thing. I got into something more relaxing of blue skinny jeans and a black T-shirt with a lightning bolt on it. I left my room, only to be surrounded by the girls. Kyoka was not looking at me, but was tapping her foot on the ground. Momo was staring at me with upturned eyes and her hands clasped together over her chest. Mina had her hands behind her back and looked around, as if to say that she was just around and not waiting for me. Hagakure was looking at me with her hands on her hips. And Toga was just smiling deeply at what she was going to get tonight.

 

“I was about to make something to eat. Do you guys want some before we all head off to bed?” After a bit of discussing they agreed. I smiled at them having actual debate over something like this, but quickly thought about the ingredients we may have for what I want to make. We all made our way to the kitchen and I looked around for everything I needed. I actually found pasta that was pre-made, so I didn’t have to make them from scratch. I sighed in relief, otherwise this would be hours of prep work. I took out the noodles and moved my way over to the fridge.

 

I took out some pork, and had a sudden thought. I turned around to see that most of the class was here. I looked at them all staring at me with anticipation and hunger. I smiled and sighed, before taking out extra pork from the fridge. “Ok, if you want to eat. You have to help in some way. I’ll be making the sauce with the help of Momo. Kyoka and Mina can work on boiling the pasta. Everyone else can help setting the plates and whatnot.” Everyone smiled and got to work on their own tasks. I smiled at us all eating together as one big family. 

 

Thinking that made my eyes water, and I had to focus on the sauce Momo and I were making. Momo happened to see my eyes despite my efforts to hide them, and grabbed a hold of my hand. I looked at her with a large smile. She looked into my eyes and her face went from worried to happy and she let go. Just after she did I grabbed her hand back, and squeezed it affectionately. She blushed a bit, and moved away to grab other ingredients I may need. I planned what I may put in the sauce and how to cook it up. 

 

After a bit of thinking I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do. I started by getting out the food processor again, and pulsing the pork until it was ground. I then took the raw pork and stood at a burner that was close to Mina and Kyoka cooking the pasta. I gave them both a smile and started cooking the pork until it started to turn brown. 

 

I then put the meat onto a plate nearby, confusing some of the class that was watching. I then took it off the heat, and crushed some garlic, and chopped some onions on a cutting board nearby. I placed them inside the pan, and let them sauté back on the heat for a bit. After I could smell the fragrance, I then decided to add some tomato paste and a tiny amount of vinegar to the pan. I used the vinegar to deglaze the pan, and the tomato paste to help increase the flavor. After the pan was deglazed I added canned tomatoes Momo brought me to the pan. I stirred to incorporate and smash the tomatoes in the pan. I stirred until it seemed to be a good consistency and let it sit and cook on its own.

 

I got a glass of soda to drink while I was waiting. I took a drink and talked with Momo about our hero license exams. After a bit of time I heard the alarm I set for checking the sauce. I looked over, I saw and smelled the sauce and I thought I did a good job. I added some butter and spices. Mostly salt and pepper. After that I was done. I looked back over to see everyone in the kitchen, smiling at the smell that was whirling in the air. I smiled back and tasted the sauce with a test spoon. I nodded in approval, and announced.

 

“Eat up!” Everyone nodded and cheered at my approval and got some food. I took a plate last and ate with everyone else around the room. Everyone was having a good time with a good meal. Seeing us all like this brought happiness. I could feel Denki inside of me feeling it too. He enjoyed watching us all have a good time together. ‘This… This is what we fight for.’ I said to myself and Denki. I could feel his agreeance as I started to eat at a faster pace.

 

After the meal was done, everyone washed their plates and headed to the common area to talk with each other. Deku wanted to go outside and train with his new idea. I actually heard that the incident with All Might was averted by Deku’s new costume and style. I walked over to him before he left outside and talked to him alone. “Deku, I’m proud you have a new style to add to your repertoire. Just remember to take breaks on training. I remember how angry you got at what I was doing, when I was pushing myself too far. I set a bad example, and I don’t want you to follow it. Push your limits, but don't break yourself.” He nodded with a determined look as I ruffled his hair with a smile.

77