Chapter 126. Unexpected Admission
2.4k 8 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days passed and it was finally time for us to go to the Hero license exams. I got on the bus and sat at the back. I sat between Hagakure by the window, and Momo on my other side. Kyoka and Mina sat in the seats in front of us. Toga was sitting on my lap. I was embarrassed at her doing that, but then I was confused at how little the girls were talking about it. I looked at Kyoka to see her frown while looking at Toga, but it seemed to be more from jealousy rather than Toga doing something she wasn’t supposed to. ‘Did they do something to randomly decide who sat…’ I shook away those thoughts, and looked to see if anyone else had noticed.

 

I was shocked to see that nobody was paying attention. I then noticed two gazes from the seats adjacent to us. Shoto and Jin were staring at us in disbelief. I blushed at how I must look like some gross womanizer to them. I kinda was, I shouldn’t be in love with three girls. Let alone letting others try to have me fall in love with them too. I sighed at how long this ride would feel like. Surprisingly Toga fell asleep not long after we started going. As did many of the other girls. I felt Toru on my shoulder, but couldn’t tell if she was asleep or not. I also felt Momo resting on my other shoulder.

 

After seeing all of them asleep, I had a feeling of wanting to shut my eyes for the trip as well. I closed my eyes, and after a while of the bus traversing through highways I also fell asleep. I woke to find myself in my old body. I looked around in this black abyss for anything of importance. My eyes descended on a content looking Denki. I ran over to hug him. Even if our souls were bonded, I rarely talked to the kid. He was with me, always, but I can’t really have conversations with him. Feelings are how he communicates. I let go of my hug, to see him smiling at me.

 

I couldn’t help but smile back. He was not alone anymore, and he never would be. Neither of us would be. We both just smiled in silence at each other. Enjoying the happiness we both created for ourselves. Until Denki broke the silence, still with a grin plastered on his face. “I brought you here to talk to you. I need to tell you something.” His smile diminished from pure joy to a more 'sad but content'. I looked at him confused at what he needed to tell me. He pumped himself up a bit before coming out and saying it. “Ever since we've been together... I've been altering you. Those times where your emotions are strong enough, I sometimes push you to things..."

He looked down in shame at what he said, but almost yelled his defense before I could say anything. “But I can’t control it! I didn’t want to tell you because I thought you might get scared at what I was doing to you! But I can’t keep this from you anymore! The guilt is killing me! You have helped me so much, I can’t keep this secret from you any longer! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” He started crying at his confession to me. Probably thinking I would hate, or be disguised by him.

 

I rushed to his side as fast as I could, and wrapped him up in my arms. He stopped openly sobbing, but I could hear hiccups and sniffles. I smiled and chuckled at his stupidity. “That’s dumb. If anyone here is not where they belong it’s me. You’ve given me a second life after I somehow lost my last one. It was shaky at the start, but I love my life now. I am glad that I’m connected with you, and you're my partner I was attached to. Only you could understand my pain, as I understood some of yours. We have been bonded together for not that long, but looking back. I can’t imagine my life without you being by my side. I've always had this feeling of you sometimes pointing me in a direction, or saying things through me. But not all of those were essentially bad. Helping me with getting adjusted, my first use of the quirk. I know you've helped me in those. We are partners, and I’ve already noticed parts of you bleeding into simple things for me, just as I think I have been bleeding into you. I could never hate you. I couldn’t.”

 

I felt overwhelming amounts of happiness and relief emanating from him, as he cried in my arms. I just rubbed his back and had him let out all of his repressed feelings. 'He must have been holding this for while.' After a while he was finally done. I moved him away from me a bit to look at his face. His eyes were red and puffy, his nose runny, and the rest of his face wet with tears and snot. I smiled and chuckled at this poor boy. I patted his head as he looked up at me. “You never have to worry about how I will think of you. We are partners. And we will always be together. Anything else about emotions, or how you are affecting me. It doesn’t matter. I don’t care. I know who you are. You know who I am. I trust you. You trust me. That is all that matters.”

 

I gave him a big smile as he looked at me with upturned eyes with a smile creeping up his face. He hugged me, and I hugged him back. I was then suddenly jostled. I then woke up, back on the bus with Momo looking at me with concern. I smiled and stretched while Toga was still asleep on top of me. We were apparently hugging each other in our sleep. I chuckled at what was happening, and rubbed her back while looking at the other girls. I then noticed my vision was blurry. I then understood why Momo was looking at me like that. I wiped my eyes and chuckled with a wry grin. 

 

“Sorry, I don’t know how to explain that dream. It was just a nice dream.” I grinned largely at them to let Momo know I was ok. Momo squinted her eyes to make doubly sure, but soon sighed and gave a small smile. “Please try not to worry us in the future.” I smiled back at her while petting her head. “Sorry for worrying you. These are just tears of happiness. I guess I still haven’t grown out of that yet.” My smile grew larger and I chuckled as I felt Denki’s soul become embarrassed.

77