Chapter 161. Coming Clean
2.4k 18 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to see all of the girls looking at me with worried expressions. They were all sitting up around me just staring in worry. I slowly stretched and I could feel Denki stronger. I smiled and chuckled now that I could feel him again. ‘It’s good to have you back, partner.’ I thought while grabbing my chest lightly. It was then that I looked at all of the girls with a large smile to help ease their worry. 

 

Their expressions softened slowly but surely, as they began to hug me together. I chuckled from happiness. My smile couldn’t be wiped from my face even if I tried. That is, until I saw Nemuri coming through the connecting room. I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt that completely removed my sense of happiness, and replaced it with anxiety. I let go of the girls, and they were all confused, but saw my expression. “Denki? What is wrong?” Momo spoke softly, but full of concern.

 

I tapped my finger in angst to try and help calm myself down. “There is something that I’ve been keeping from you all…” I lowered my gaze to not have to look at all of the girls' expressions. “I’m… not actually Denki Kaminari…” I waited in heart pounding silence for their reactions. After a bit of time I looked up to see all of the girls showing me a look of confusion. I looked over to Nemuri who was giving me a surprised look. I wasn’t sure if she was surprised that I was telling the girls, or that they didn’t know until now.

 

I sighed and held my head in my hands. I had to tell them this. I had to be honest with who I really was. Even if that meant they wouldn’t want to be together with me anymore, or hate me for keeping it from them. “I am another being that lives together with Denki.” The room was deafened by silence. The girls were still processing what I just said, and I was too scared to talk anymore. “Is… This a joke?”

 

I looked up to see Kyoka asking me that with an unbelieving expression on her face. I gained a smile and chuckled just looking at her expression. “No… This is real… My real name is Calvin, and I just found myself waking up in this body right before school started.” I was still smiling a bit while just looking at Momo’s gears turning at everything, she was adorable when she did that. Mina tried to think, but I could see her eyes spinning from confusion. Himiko seemed to be uncaring, blood still tasted the same I guess.

 

“Why tell us now?” I looked over to Momo, who seemed to be the most confused out of everyone. “I let it slip to Nemuri yesterday, and since she knew. I thought it meant that you all deserved to know as well.” The girls looked over to Nemuri who nodded while adjusting her glasses. The girls then looked back over to me with a new look of confusion and disbelief. 

 

I had a weak smile to try and break some of the tension. “So, it has always been you, we have been talking to.” I nodded at Momo while explaining. “Yea… I’m the main personality. Denki is… Helping me, but sometimes when my anger gets out of control Denki’s personality takes more control.” I thought back to all the times that our souls were linked in how our emotions brought us strength.

 

“Wait! Wait! Wait! This is totally unbelievable! What about all that stuff you talked about your family? Are they even…!?” I looked over to Mina who was freaking out with all of this new information piled on, but stopped herself from saying the last bit with a fearful expression on her face. I held out my hand to her, and she slowly grabbed it with her own. I smiled knowing that she wasn’t fearful of me. “I don’t know… It’s not like they were murdered like…” I stopped and patted my chest to help Denki ease his worry. I would always be right beside him. “Denki’s…” I nodded at Nemuri, finishing my sentence for me.

 

The girls were in shock again at this as well. They knew my parents died, but never imagined they were murdered. “That’s why Denki let me become the main personality. He didn’t want to…” I coughed a bit to try and change the topic. “My parents are probably long gone by now… Probably lived full lives.” I smiled knowing I at least had that comfort. Everyone else however was confused at what that meant. I chuckled a bit while seeing their expressions. Kyoka was about to stab me for that, before I she stopped from the absurdity that I said next. “It wasn’t obvious?... I came from the year 2021.”

 

That last piece broke Mina as her head blew smoke. I laughed a little while ruffling her messy hair a bit while the rest were shell shocked, especially Nemuri, who thought she had a slight handle of what I was, but now felt just as confused as the rest of the girls. Mina just rested her head on my lap, and just wanted to just let her brain relax. I felt much more confident that the girls wouldn’t hate me at this point, so I gained a smile and more confidence about telling them things. But I still wasn’t sure whether to tell them that their lives were depicted in an anime. ‘How do you even start that conversation? I know the future because your life was depicted as fiction from my timeline, universe, or whatever?’

 

I sighed a bit at that thought as Kyoka stabbed me while scowling. “Pay attention! This is serious! This is crazy!” I laughed a bit at Kyoka, causing her to stab me some more with a sour expression. “You are from the past? Quirks were hardly around at that time.” Momo was staring at me intently as this was another mystery that she wanted to solve. I smiled at her lovingly and nodded while shrugging my shoulders. “I don’t know… I never saw quirks. I could have accidentally gained and used a quirk to get me here. I could have had a quirk used on me to make me this way. It’s impossible to really know.”

I continued petting the steaming Mina while looking at the rest of the girls lovingly. “There is one more thing that needs to be said… Calvin.” I looked over at Nemuri, who was blushing a bit while adjusting her glasses. She seemed a bit confused and embarrassed using my true name. The girls then stared at me, almost commanding me to reveal more information on myself. I was confused for a second at what Nemuri wanted me to say for a second, until it popped into my head. 

 

I then panicked at how wrong that was. I had managed to stop thinking about my age difference, but if I revealed that to the girls, I didn’t know how they would take it. I shook my head slightly with a forced smile. “I really don’t think-” I was then tackled by all of the girls. Momo grabbed my arm with a look of determination. Mina latched to my leg that she was still resting on. Mina was still confused, but felt like she needed to do this. Himiko took the opportunity to grab my other arm with a big smile of a reason to touch me. 

 

Toru was somehow already behind me when I wasn’t noticing and latched herself onto my back. Kyoka grabbed my shoulders while staring down at me with her earphones moving menacingly. “I think we do deserve to know.” Kyoka said with her voice filled with malice, and her crooked grin that I hadn’t seen in a long time. I wanted to get away, but they were all making sure I couldn’t move. Toru kept breathing in my right ear to get me to talk quicker. “Just tell us… don’t think there is anything about you that will get us to hate you… You are too adorable.” 

 

I shivered at the mirth of Toru’s voice in my ear. I gulped while hoping that she was right. “I was... 20 when it happened…”

50