Chapter 162. Mr. Shield
1.7k 15 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey Everyone! Calvin Here! Just want to thank everyone so much for the understanding of my circumstances. It really helped so much to know how how much you all cared for my well being during this trying time. It's still a bit before the funeral, so before I may get too depressed again, I wrote another chapter of the story. I've been writing more personal works outside of this to help get through this, and it has helped enough for me to write this. It was nice to get back on the preverbal horse, and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Please don't get too mad for the next cliff hanger.

The room was silent again, as I closed my eyes tightly to try and avoid their judging stares. “Is that it?” I quickly looked up to the voice who asked the question with an almost disappointed tone. Kyoka was just looking at me with an expression to almost say I was dumb for thinking they would leave me for that. “You are so stupid if you thought that, this would be a problem for us.” ‘Ok, she said it too.’ I gained a small defeated smile as Momo rubbed my arm to grab my attention. “You are still the you we all fell in love with. Did you really think that just who you were in the past would make a difference to us?”

Having Momo phrase it like that made me hang my head in shame for thinking that the girls really would abandon me for that. Mina, who was still on my lap, gave me her biggest smile, that made me smile at her in return; it really was infectious. “That’s totally nothing compared to Nemuri-” Mina quickly covered her mouth in shock and fear of what she just said. I looked at Mina with confusion as the girls all yelled.

 

Toru immediately used her position behind me to cover my ears while pulling me back into bed with her. I heard a lot of muffled shouting from the rest of the girls while Toru was trying to make sure I didn’t hear anything. I was confused at what was happening, but Toru made sure to keep my ears blocked. I tried to move her hands, but whenever I did Toru pinch them extra hard, and started to bite my hands. After a few of those attempts, I gave up on trying, and just let whatever was happening run its course.

 

After a bit more, they all suddenly stopped, and Toru slowly moved her hands away from ears, and sat up together with me. All of the girls just stared at Nemuri in silence and shock. I was confused about what just happened while I couldn’t hear. Nemuri sighed and shook her head while adjusting her glasses. “Just let it go…” Was all that Nemuri said as the room remained silent for a bit. She finally looked at me and decided to change the subject. “I’m sure you’re wondering why you aren’t in a hospital bed, being questioned by the security right now.”

 

I thought for a second before shrugging my shoulders. “I assumed that because of my hero license, they did a quick check up on me and let me go into your custody?” Nemuri chuckled a bit at my conjecture. “Well… Not exactly. It is being celebrated that we were able to secure a villain with minimal damages, but David Shield had to pull some strings to get you off from the interrogation that was waiting for you.” I nodded while thanking him in my mind. Nemuri smiled a bit wider while giving me the rest of the news. “But he wants to talk to you personally.”

 

I thought that he would want to give me a piece of his mind for breaking his life’s work and sighed at how he would scream at me. “When does he want to see me?” I said through grit teeth, and pursed lips. All the girls knew what I was thinking. Momo giggled a bit and pushed my cheek to look at her. She gave me a comforting smile, like everything would be ok with her. “Do you want us all to come with you?” She asked gently and full of love.

 

I gained a defeated smile and nodded at her. “That would make me feel better yea…” I said quietly with a little embarrassment that the oldest one was being taken care of by these High School girls. Momo read my expression as she began to pet my hair a bit while humming. I felt all the other girls joining in on this group hug, as Toru began to hug my back with a giggle. Mina pressed her head into my stomach while hugging me with a giggle of her own. Himiko was purred as she held my arm tighter and rested her head on my shoulder giving it a few play bites. Kyoka was just sitting a bit further away while frowning and blushing from embarrassment.

 

She eventually relented and went over to my other unoccupied arm and took it herself to wrap it around her. I gained a huge smile at how much these girls all loved me, and reaffirmed my stance of always loving them with all that I had. I rubbed Kyoka’s arm a bit, getting her to jump a bit, but she leaned into me with a frown as her earphones twirled about.

 

I then looked at Nemuri with my large smile. “When does he want to see us?” I asked as my smile grew, that I felt I would never be alone again. Nemuri sighed a bit as she gave a small smile and looked down at her phone. She tapped away for a bit, before getting an alert on her phone. She looked back over to us while adjusting her glasses. “He said we can all come over to his office now.” I was still a bit nervous but got up anyway. Despite how hard it was with all the girls not wanting to let me go.

 

I chuckled a bit and after I got up, I gave every girl a quick kiss on the cheek. Momo was a bit surprised but gave me an affectionate smile while her face turned a bit red. Kyoka was completely red and her adorable frown was in full effect. She eventually stabbed my stomach, forcing me away. I chuckled a bit and rubbed where she stabbed me as I looked over at Mina. She was already blushing and was fidgeting a lot while taking glances at me. I smiled as I gave her a kiss on her cheek as she looked away one last time. She froze a bit as I pet her cotton candy hair. 

 

Once I was done, I was immediately tackled by Himiko as her fangs dug into my neck. I took a deep breath to steady myself from the excitement of having her do this, and blushed as I saw the rest of the girls were watching my expression. They seemed to like whenever I would be embarrassed and was blushing, myself. After a bit of time Himiko was done and let out a sigh as she wrapped herself around me. I pet her raggedy hair a bit as she shivered from the feeling of my blood.

 

I was about to take Himiko off of me and give Toru a kiss, until I felt her lips descend onto mine. As she did, she held my head in place to not escape what was hers. I let out a squeak from the sudden attack and felt Toru’s smile through the connection of our lips. She eventually let me go from her webs as she quickly teasilly bit my earlobe. I shivered a bit, knowing that the girls couldn’t see what exactly she was doing right in front of them.

 

I took a deep breath to help calm myself as I got up. Himiko was still giddy from her blood intake, and was firmly pressed against my arm. I had a defeated smile and sighed at what she was doing. We made our way out of the hotel. This was supposed to be our last day here, and we were supposed to leave as early as possible to make it back to school with no problems, but it was already 10am. I was told that everyone else left, so we were the last of our class to be here.

 

We made our way into David Shield’s workshop, and went into the back where he had his office. Nemuri knocked on his door. “Mr. Shield? It’s us.” Almost immediately after we heard David Shield close a desk drawer and talk through the door to us. “Yes. Come in.” Nemuri opened the door, and we all went inside. His office was small, yet homey. It had two couches apart from each other with a coffee table in between. There were bookshelves on each end of the room, and a desk by the large window with an assortment of nick knacks on top.

 

David got up to meet us. “Good morning…” He said at first with a smile, but it slowly turned into a concerned frown. “This is best talked about alone.” He said to me very seriously. I was confused about what he would have to say to me that couldn’t be said to the others. I furrowed my brows and held Himiko’s and Mina’s hands tightly. “No… If this can be said to me, then they also have a right to know.” I said with determination. 

 

David looked at us with confusion, and noticed what my hands were doing. It seemed to click in his mind. He sighed as he went back down in his chair. The girls were surprised and a little concerned at how I basically told David, but I could see that they also held a bit of happiness for me being more confident with our relationship. “I see…” He said as he massaged the bridge of his nose. He looked at Nemuri with a raised eyebrow and she shook her head. “I’m just their guardian on this trip.” She said with a small smile.

 

David looked back at me, and I nodded. “I think she also deserves to know. I don’t want the school to spy on me.” I sighed just thinking of the possibility of that happening while Nemuri readjusted her glasses with a slight frown. David looked at us all for a moment while thinking. “Very well… I just need to ask you one thing…” He said to me, but paused to brace himself for what he was about to ask. “What was your mother’s name?”

48