Chapter 167. What Am I?
1k 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mother!!” Momo shot up from her seat in protest, but a single hand of Shunji had her quiet down, and sit meekly. Shunji never looked away from me, and I just stared at her with fear in my eyes at how she thought of me. I was scared of how she was disapproving of me, and how she wouldn’t let Momo and I be together. While I just sat in my seat quietly, Shunji leaned closer to me with a threatening appearance while talking darkly. “That is who you are… is it not?”

 

I gulped while almost agreeing with her. I was forcing Momo to have to watch me being close to her closest friends. I opened my mouth, but my words stopped as I suddenly had flashbacks. ‘We will always be with you.’ ‘You never learn you are a good boyfriend…’ ‘You never believe in yourself.’ ‘The relationship can’t be bad can it?’ ‘Just be more confident in loving us.’ They were all things that Momo said to me. I was always worried that people would ostracize the girls for being in a relationship with me like this, but Momo always helped comfort me and push me forward to be confident with who I was. Who we all were. 

 

I started to smile at all of the things that Momo helped me with, and how my love for her grew even more while all of the memories of her in my mind flew by. As I gained my smile I saw Shunji start looking at me confused like the rest of the girls looking at me. I held Himiko tighter, as I started to speak my mind to her. I was feeling more confident with my relationship with the girls, but I still needed something to hold onto to help comfort me a bit. Himiko smiled wider as I did this and giggled while tightening her grasp on me as well.

 

“I know that it’s easy to think that. I was always afraid that is how everyone would view all the girls if they found out…” I sighed with a slight frown, but thought back to Momo to help me while staring at her mom. “But Momo has always helped me with that.” I smiled more as I looked at the surprised Momo staring at me with her gears turning. I chuckled looking at her cute gears turning while gazing back at Shunji with a more calm smile. “I know I love her. Just as much as I love Kyoka, or Mina, or Toru, or Himiko. And they all know that too… I’m not a womanizer!... I’m not a playboy!... I’m not a good enough man… But I’m not a horrible man either… Do you know what I am…?” I asked her with a big smile, and a shrug as she slowly shook her head with squinting eyes to see where I was going with this.

 

“I… Am… A selfish idiot!!” I cheered as I finally knew who I was. Shunji looked at me with confusion, as the girls seemed just as confused, and a bit mad that I was calling myself an idiot, surprisingly Kyoka seemed the most upset. “I am selfish to love more than one girl, but that is just who I am! I do love more than one girl! I can’t decide who I love more, just as much as I can’t stop breathing!” I then pointed at Shunji as I kept declaring who I was to her. “You're right that I am not a perfect man for your daughter, or any of the rest of these girls for that matter, but Momo has always been by my side, and has always shown me that even if I feel like I’m not good enough for any of them, they don’t see it that way, and all that matters… Is that we are all happy with each other…”

 

I looked over at Momo with a loving and thankful smile for all that she has helped me with, and all the love she has shown me. She looked at me surprised at all that I was saying to her mom, but I could see happiness slowly rising in her eyes. I looked back over to Shunji with a determined look in my eyes to prove that Momo was not making a bad choice in loving me. “I don’t want or need random girls like playboys… Because I have them!” I pointed to the girls around the table, while gripping onto Himiko tighter. “Because love! True love! Is better than anything that just leading women on, could ever be! There is nothing that would ever make me want to give any of these girls up! I love each and every one!!”

 

I took a breath to help calm myself down at what I was just yelling, and began to loosen my grip on Himiko that subconsciously gripped onto tighter while I was declaring my relationship to Shunji. Himiko giggled while holding my arm in place to not stop. I looked down at her and we were both blushing furiously while smiling at each other. I decided to hold onto her tighter like she wanted and she squeezed me tighter as well. I felt a little comforted by Himiko. To just be happy with who you are, and not afraid to show it was nice.

 

I suddenly heard slow clapping, and snapped my gaze to see Shunji giving me a pleased and amused smile while slowly clapping in her chair like a villain. “Ok…” I looked at her, confused at what she really meant, and she began to laugh a bit while leaning back in her chair again to appear more at ease. “You have to excuse me for having to test Momo’s first boyfriend.” She said with an almost proud smile at her daughter. “Especially one that also has other girls around my daughter's age he is dating as well.” She scoffed at me, and I looked away from her with a little shame of how selfish I was.

 

I pet Himiko’s hair a bit to help myself calm down while waiting for Shunji to continue. “Just one last thing… I did my research when it came to everyone in her class when she was put into class 1-A. Now I must say that you were the one that stood out the most… A Todoroki was a good prospect, but knowing that sorry excuse would be in my family would make me nauseous, no offence to Shoto.” I nodded a little in understanding, as she continued on. “But you just popped out of nowhere…” I shrunk back into my seat a bit while figuring where this was going.

 

Shunji seemed to understand as she smiled a bit while leaning towards me. “Kaminari… The name has no history… It just appeared with your parents…” I gulped while grabbing my chest and Himiko tighter. My pulse quickened, and I was holding my appearance, but underneath, Denki was squirming. “Mother!” Momo spoke up, gaining Shunji's attention, and mine as well. Momo gave me a look, asking for my affirmation. I felt Denki, and he felt unhappy, but begrudgingly accepting; Like getting a shot. I gave him my thanks while nodding to Momo. She gave me an affectionate smile before looking back at her mom. “Mother… I know all about Denki’s parents…” Momo was trying to tip-toe around anything that might send Denki into depression.

 

Shunji looked over at the other girls who all sorrowfully nodded as well. She finally looked over at me. “They were all there while I was learning more about them myself.” I sighed with a frown while thinking about it in more detail. “I’m sorry… Momo can tell you later, but I can’t…” I bit my lip while holding my chest trying to calm Denki down from the sadness he was building up from just remembering how his parents were just gone one day like that. “Alright…” She stopped pressing and held her hands up in surrender. “I already have an idea…” She said a bit solemnly. I nodded while hugging Himiko tighter in my embrace with a small smile. She switched from being sad from just seeing me sad, to her crazy obsessive smile. While nibbling my neck a bit. 

 

I shivered a bit from what she was doing but just rubbed her back while holding her close. I gained a small smile at what she was doing, but I couldn’t get her to drink my blood this soon from the last time she had a drink. “Only play biting right now, Himiko.” I whispered in her ear, and she gave a tiny whimper of sadness, but I couldn’t let her drink my blood, or run out from folding every time she would do that. “Sorry, but I need some more time… Can you wait until tonight?” She nodded while play biting my neck. I sighed and blushed from what she was doing, but just rubbed her back and petted her hair to try and calm myself down from the teenage girl in my lap.

 

I looked back to see Shunji with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. “Right in front of me huh?” I let out a weak chuckle to help ease the tension as I looked over to Momo for help. She was smiling at me affectionately, and decided to stand up.

40