Chapter 169. Unpacking
1.2k 24 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We all got our belongings from the limo, and were saying our goodbyes to Shunji. “Thank you all for being friends with my daughter… Would you excuse me to have a personal send-off to Momo?” We all agreed, and I took Momo’s luggage with me towards the school dorms along with the rest of the girls, and Nemuri. ‘Huh… I guess it’s over… I have to call her Midnight now… That feels a bit strange now.’ I frowned from my thoughts of confusion, as my gaze wandered over to Nemuri… Midnight going to another school building.

 

I shook my head a bit with a sigh as we made our way inside the dorms. We were met with most of the class celebrating our return. “Hey! There he is! What’d you do this time!?” Sero was the first to spot me, and brought the rest of class’s attention to our group. Deku, and Shoto were close behind making sure that I was ok. “Denki! Are you ok!? What did you do to yourself!? We were just told that you passed out!” Deku came around me to poke and prod me to see if I was in any pain. I chuckled at his display and ruffled his hair.

 

I knew I would have to tell him at least the real reason why I was indisposed, but right now in front of everyone I had to calm him down. “I’m fine. I passed out from N-Midnight. Friendly fire.” I chuckled at the end of my excuse, and was technically telling the truth. I looked around and saw many of the guys bought it, and even Jin nodded happily. I felt a little bad lying to him, but I really didn’t want my drama to spread around class, or add onto his problems with my own. My gaze then fell on the two that didn’t buy it. Shoto and Deku were both looking at me, a bit distrusting. I chuckled again from how they could see through me.

 

“Anyway! I’m going to unpack, and get ready for class tomorrow!” I said as I walked over to my room. Deku, Shoto, and even Uraraka came with me along with the rest of the girls. “You didn’t hear? Class is cancelled tomorrow. The principal said that after this incident, students should have a full day to recuperate.” I looked over at Deku and Uraraka together while I smiled widely at having a free day. “Awesome!” I was super happy about being able to just rest with the girls now that I had a chance.

 

I then got to my floor and opened Momo’s door, confusing Deku, and Uraraka. Shoto seemed to have an idea the whole time. He already knew of my relationship, so he had an idea of my extra baggage. “What are you doing Denki!?” Deku said with confusion and angst of being caught in a girl’s room. I placed her luggage inside her room and left. “She was held up a bit, so I took her stuff for her.” I explained as I went to my room next. Deku, and Uraraka nodded in understanding, but Shoto raised an eyebrow, almost asking what was holding her up. 

 

I gave him a weak smile, and he instantly knew that it had something to do with our relationship, and gave me a quick almost teasing smirk. I then opened my door and got inside to put my luggage away, only to see the other three entering right behind me. I scoffed a bit as I sat down on my bed, and saw Deku gave me a frown. “What really happened Denki?” He asked in a determined tone for the truth. Uraraka looked at Deku a bit strangely. Almost like she enjoyed looking at him being a bit commanding, but also confused at why he wasn't believing my story.

 

I glanced over at Shoto folding his arms with a similar look. I sighed while lowering my gaze to my lap. “She really did put me to sleep.” I said a bit weakly as a small attempt to change the conversation. It didn’t work as they were all silent. I gulped while Denki inside of me squirmed with sadness and some rekindled anger at the information we learned. I covered my mouth with one hand, and sighed while keeping my gaze firmly planted at the floor. “Wolfram…” I choked up trying to complete the sentence.

 

I took a deep breath to help continue while trying to comfort Denki as best as I could from what I was saying. “He umm…” I scratched my head as I was trying to push the last words out through my lips. Nothing came out for a bit, until it all spilled out quickly at once. “Killed my parents.” I took another breath while covering my face with my hands. I was still comforting Denki to remind him that I was here, and would never leave him. The room was filled with deafening silence. Not a noise was made as all parties involved were frozen at what I just said.

 

I shook my head a bit while explaining what happened a bit more. “Nemuri had to use her quirk to keep me from doing something I might regret…” I sighed again as I leaned back in my bed with my feet still on the ground, waiting for someone else to say something. Nobody did, and we just sat in silence with nobody knowing what to say. That is, until I heard a knock on the door. I got up quickly to hopefully get rid of this awkward atmosphere. When I opened the door, I was met with a tackle of Himiko in my chest. “Hi Denki~ I heard we got an extra day of vacation!”

 

I smiled at her a bit sadly while playing with her raggedy hair. I was still a little upset with what I just brought up, but Himiko was a ball of happy and affectionate energy. She looked at me, and saw my saddened smile. Her smile fell as she looked at me with concern. “Did I do something wrong?” She asked meekly as she stared at me. I spoke before I could think and held her tight in my arms. “No! Of course not! I’m still just…” I stopped talking as I didn’t want to say much more to worsen my mood. 

 

Himiko still stared at me with a concerned look. I knew she wanted to make me feel better, but didn’t know how. ‘She probably feels bad about not being able to help me right now… But she is. How do I show that she is?’ I loosened my hug around her and smiled at her calmly, and full of affection. I then tilted her head into me and kissed the top of her head as I held her close again. She began to giggle silently as she nuzzled her head into me.

 

My smile grew, seeing Himiko enjoying herself, so I closed the door after bringing her inside. Because I was facing away, Deku and Uraraka didn’t notice my little kiss, but I had a feeling that Shoto had an idea with the small smirk he was wearing again. With Himiko’s affection by my side I felt a little better talking about it. “I learned more about the history of my parents, and this watch.” I held up my left hand to show the watch in question. I shrugged as I sat on my bed with Himiko sitting on my lap. Uraraka frowned a bit at the sight, but didn’t say anything.

 

I looked at Deku and Shoto to see that they were interested in the watch, and obliged my wanting to change the topic. “It was made for ‘All for One’.” Deku’s eyes widened to a startling degree, and so did Uraraka surprisingly. Shoto was confused at who that was, but I could tell from his expression that he could tell that All for One was bad news. “He was the last guy All Might fought with before retiring.” I said to Shoto to catch him up.

Shoto’s eyes widened a bit from remembering the insanity of that fight. “My dad stole it from him…” I stopped talking, I knew they could fill in the blanks of what happened next. I held Himiko tighter to help make myself feel better with her as close to me as possible. She nuzzled into me some more, causing me to smile at her cuteness. I sighed a bit while enjoying my hold on her. I looked at the others with a happier expression after being close to Himiko. 

 

Deku looked surprised with how I was able to be happy so fast after this incident. Uraraka squinted at me, a bit distrusting of me, and Himiko. Shoto gave me a small smile that I could feel was from me being happy. “Don’t you think you are a little too close to Toga?” Uraraka said with a slightly foreshadowing tone. Almost as if saying she would tell Mina if I went much further. I chuckled a bit while smiling at her. Uraraka frowned deepened a bit as gripped onto Deku’s shoulder.

 

“I will do it! I will tell Ashido! Ashido should know!” She yelled at me a bit from embarrassment of me laughing at her threat. “You can totally just call me Mina… I’m a little sad to think we weren’t close enough to call each other that.” Everyone’s head then snapped towards my door.

38