Chapter 172.
1.1k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the door closed Kyoka smacked me on my shoulder with a slight scowl. “Will you stop that!? You’re making it sound like we’re going to kill you.” I chuckled a bit at her, and I smiled while calming down quickly. “It’s been a long time since I could act like that. Sorry if I wanted to sell it a bit more than necessary.” Kyoka frowned while smacking me again, but quickly took a seat beside me on my bed. 

 

Yes, this was all a bit of acting to get more time to ourselves now. Although I had a sneaking suspicion that it only fooled Deku, but I didn’t care. Momo, who was sitting properly beside me, and having our shoulders touching side by side. “However, I hope that you do take into consideration that your actions can hurt me for the fact that I love you… Please remember that.” I smiled as I looked over to her already staring at me with her large eyes, gazing into my soul.

 

I nodded as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders, holding her in a sidelong embrace. “Of course… And that goes for all of you girls as well.” I looked around to make eye contact with each girl specifically. Kyoka and Mina blushed and frowned while avoiding my gaze while Himiko and Toru both loved to see that I only had them in my gaze, if just for a moment. “I learned a while ago that seeing someone you love hurt is worse than being hurt yourself…” I took Kyoka’s hand, just remembering the time that I wasn’t sure she might awaken ever again.

 

She jumped a bit, and her frown slowly turned into a defeated smile as her bangs covered her eyes. “Being a hero is dangerous, but I will do my best to be safe for you all.” I smiled at the love I was surrounded by and saw all the smiles looking back at me from the women I cared for the most in the world. We all got into a group hug, and just enjoyed all of us being together, and being safe with nothing wrong for the moment.

 

However, that moment didn’t last long. I suddenly got a message on my phone. The girls, except Himiko, let go in curiosity for who was texting me. I was curious as well, but it quickly switched to fear. “I’ve been summoned by Nezu.” I said with a frown. The girls noticed my insecurities, and quickly calmed me down. “This will most likely be about your fight and watch. Just remain calm, but alert.” Momo said while petting my head. 

 

“Yea! You’ll be fine! I saw how well you two talk back and forth!” Mina also said to me while giving me a giant cheerful smile. I smiled back a bit defeatedly. “You girls sure that I’m the one that’s good with words?” I said to all of them with a chuckle as I got up. Kyoka frowned while her earphones twirled about, her arms folded in front of me. “Your stupidity is spreading.” She said while she looked to the side, hardly sparing me a glance. I smirked a bit as I gave her a kiss on her earlobe. She squeaked as she jumped back from my sudden attack.

 

I smiled as I looked over at Mina close by. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and ruffled her cotton candy hair a bit before looking over at Momo slowly getting up, waiting for her prize. I smiled at her and put my hand on her head gently as I just smiled at her. She looked back up at me with anticipation, but as I just stared at her, her gaze slowly began filling with confusion. “Thank you so much… For always pushing me to believe in myself more.” Her confusion left instantly as she gained a caring smile as she placed her hand on my chest while she moved a bit closer. “I just want you to see more of what I see in you.” She said to me as she gave me a small kiss on my cheek.

 

I returned with a kiss of my own, and then looked down to see Himiko still rubbing her head into my arm. I chuckled softly and ruffled her raggedy hair a bit before placing a kiss on the top of her head. She looked up at me with wide unblinking eyes that just showcased her innocence. I was stunned for a second, just seeing her looking at me with those large doe eyes of innocence and longing. I practically had to rip my view away from her to stop from falling under her spell. She was becoming dangerous in a whole different way.

 

I sighed as I looked away, only to see a floating pair of clothes appear in my vision before my lips were quickly taken by the person holding them up. Toru kissed my lips quickly to avoid the other girls from noticing and wrapped me in a hug while I was processing what she had done. She giggled softly causing me to spark a bit. She then whispered inside my ear, causing a tingle to run through my spine. “Hurry back…”

 

I gulped and slowly stood up, while avoiding eye contact with her giggling silhouette for the moment. I then went out of my room with all of the girls right behind me. We all went down to the lobby, and that is where I left the girls with the rest of the class hanging around. I walked outside the dorm, and started my way to the school building, trying to remain as calm as I could. I ran through a few things that Nezu might want to talk with me about, and what I should answer back.

 

After a few simulations in my mind, I decided to just forget it, and just answer the best I could. I made it to the same meeting room where I had pleaded for Himiko’s leniency. I took a breath and opened the door. I went inside the room and looked to see a few of the teachers present on the conference table, Nezu, Snipe, Nemuri, and All Might. I looked over all of the teachers' expressions, and it didn’t look good. I knew that this conversation was going to be a difficult one.

The door closed behind me, and I took a stand in front of everyone. I then stared at Nezu, waiting for him to explain why he asked me to come. He just stared at me with that trademark calm smile that hid his deeper motives. “Sorry to call you here on such short notice Kaminari.” He said in his cheery tone. “I just need to ask you about the events that occurred during your time at the party.” I squinted a little bit at him with confusion. ‘The girls were oddly sure that Nemuri… Dang it… Midnight would not expose our relationship while we are still talking about how public we want it to be. I’m glad that they are right, but…’

 

“I’m confused about what needs to be clarified.” I said to him while folding my arms. Nezu chuckled a bit in understanding, while bringing out a folder next to his laptop. “Well… Midnight did inform us much of what happened that particular night, however she believes it might be best for you to explain certain portions.” I glanced over at Nemuri, and she returned with a serious nod to explain that she wasn’t trying to pull anything for her own amusement.

 

I took a deep breath and nodded. “Where do you wanna start?” Nezu nodded at me while glancing at his folder. “I would just like you to walk me through that night… When the shades went down, and the island went on lockdown. What were you thinking?” I nodded while understanding he just wanted to hear me lie, and slip up. Saying more than I should, or saying something that doesn’t make sense for him to catch me in. ‘I guess he still wants to know if I am a spy… I am wearing All for One’s watch.’ 

 

“The shades went down, and my first thought was… ‘There goes the party.’...” I sighed from just remembering how that perfect night was ruined. “Anyway… I wanted to know what was going on, and since the elevator’s weren’t working, I had an idea that something might've been worse than just a containment breach or something. Melissa, who works there said that it was strange too…”

 

I kept relaying my version of the story, the best I could remember until Nezu asked me his next question. “Now, unfortunately all of the server’s that were holding all of the security footage were destroyed somehow. If you could please take us through what happened after you left the security office.” I gained a slight smirk from my assumption that David might have done that himself for me. To hide All Might’s powerlessness and my mental break from my teachers. ‘Thanks Uncle D.’

34