Chapter 180. Chaotic Fight!
825 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’ll go!” A hand was raised along with the excited voice. Kirishima took a step forward in front of the class, his large grin showcasing his excitement. “Alright! You’re full of energy! I like that!” Togata yelled with his thumb up. With that, everyone got ready to attack him at once after Kirishima made his first strike. “Thank you for your guidance!” Everyone yelled, especially Kirishima, once he ran off first. However at Kirishima’s punch to Togata’s chest, Togata’s clothes started to phase through him. 

 

“AAAHHH!!” An embarrassed scream came out from in front of me. The voice coming from Kyoka as she covered her eyes to stop herself from seeing too much. “Sorry, it’s difficult to fine tune at the start.” Togata apologized while raising his pants up again, barely keeping his ‘elephant’ covered. All of the ranged attacks passed through Togata’s head and chest before he vanished amongst the dust that caught up through Shoto’s flames, and Bakugo’s explosions mostly.

“I suppose I should start with the long range supports first!” Togata yelled as he appeared naked behind Kyoka. However, I knew that he would appear from behind, so I was close enough to help intercept. “2nd Gear!” I yelled to increase my speed, running till I was face to face with Togata. “Everyone! Attack his eyes constantly! Don’t sit still!” I yelled to everyone while blocking Togata’s path to Kyoka. ‘It’s impossible to tell where his permeable parts are, but focusing on his eyes, and chest seems the best course of action.’ I remembered that he can’t see or breathe if his quirk is on for too long, so if we can’t see where we can hit, neither should he.

 

“Oh, I see someone read up on me before the match.” Togata chuckled before I saw his eyes becoming more serious. “However!” He yelled while passing through me like a ghost, phasing right through my punch to his stomach. “That won’t stop me!” He cheered while attacking Kyoka before I might turn around. I heard her let out a grunt of pain before falling into me. I turned off my electricity to help ease her to the ground while Togata continued to lay waste to the class.

 

I clicked my tongue seeing the amount of power his quirk had too. ‘I can’t touch him, but he can attack us… I think Kyoka would have had a better chance of attack if she wasn’t so embarrassed about his nudity.’ I scoffed at the grumbling Kyoka, but noticed that the class listened to my idea of attacking Togata’s eyes, slowing down his assault. He was still hitting and taking down the ranged attackers like Aoyama and Tokoyami, but we still had much of the class, and by this time Ida had come back from the area Togata lured the frontliners to attack, making it more difficult for Togata to fight easily.

 

“Just go, I’ll be fine in a bit…” Kyoka muttered as she looked up at me. I nodded at her with a grin. “I’ll be sure to pay him back.” I then took off with 2nd Gear, to help fight against Togata. The main problem was the fact he would go under the ground then pop up anywhere to attack anyone with surprise. “Fight like a man you bastard!!” Bakugo screamed while Togata kept evading him to keep attacking longer ranged classmates. ‘That means-’ “Momo!” I yelled to get her attention as I got close to her. She glanced at me, but still faced away, trying to hide what she was making.

 

She then straightened her shirt back down after making the thing, and turned around for me to see what she made. A large net and some gloves. I was confused at what this was supposed to do, causing Momo to chuckle a bit while putting on the gloves. “The net is conductive.” With that one sentence a plan began to form in my mind. One that seemed like Momo had figured from the start. I smiled a bit mischievously at her. “I love you.”

 

Momo blushed a bit with a smile she tried to keep in check. “Now is not the time, Denki.” She said while grabbing one end of the net. I chuckled, but had no other to communicate how much I adored her mental agility and quick wit under pressure. ‘She’s figured out a plan faster than I did.’ I thought while grabbing the net, causing arcs to flicker between the conductive structure. “Let’s go!” I yelled just as Togata appeared beside Momo. “Whatcha guys making?” He asked while emerging from the ground.

 

Momo and I both knew what we had to do. Momo held the net, while running away from Togata to make some distance. Not allowing Togata to easily chase after her above ground. While she was doing this, I did my best to angle the net so it was close or inside Togata. Doing this caused Togata to click his tongue at Momo’s plan. 

 

The plan targeted Togata’s biggest asset. His ability to choose when he is invulnerable. For example, if he undid his quirk, the shock would hurt, and maybe incapacitate him depending on my voltage. Not allowing him to easily unfaze almost any portion of his body. That includes his eyes and lungs, suppressing his ability to take in information, and breath. Togata fell below the ground, just as he did, we had a window between when he could hear and see. “Momo!! Come to me!!”

 

She was already moving just as I moved to her location, essentially swapping spots. “Denki! Hold it low to the ground!” Momo ordered back, and I quickly obliged. Kneeling on the ground, holding the net so it might shock someone being pushed from the ground. However, this didn’t work, something I learned from a wave of heat flare behind me. I turned to see Shoto, blazing the area behind me. “Anyway you can make that net bigger? He has too much space to attack others he deems easier.” He spoke while keeping an eye out for the others in the class.

 

I turned to look at Momo, but the expression she had didn’t seem good. “I might, but it would take time to set it all up, and Denki’s electricity wouldn’t be able to easily travel far, even if this is conductive.” She made a good point while the rest of the class was playing whack a mole, that could whack back. I glanced at the rest of the girls, seeing them ok. 

 

Mina was clearly too difficult to attack while being mostly covered in acid. In fact she seemed to be chasing Togata for hurting Kyoka. That sight gave me a smile before I focused on the others. Toru was just invisibly running around, even I didn’t know where she was. I had to assume Himiko was the same, since she had a strange technique to hide in plain sight. ‘Probably during her stalker days.’ A slight chill ran up my spine at that thought, wondering if she might be just watching me during this whole thing, but I ignored it. Kyoka was the worst of the girls, still reeling from that punch earlier.

Most of what was keeping Togata down was Bakugo and Shoto. Their large AOE attacks made getting air an actual chore for Togata. This was beginning to look like a battle of attrition, my least favorite. I sighed in relief before glancing at Momo, who was wearing a disheartened expression. One that I had to assume was from her plan not succeeding, which she believed to be failure. 

 

“Momo.” I got her attention, making her look back up at me. “Just because it didn’t work, doesn’t mean it failed. I’ll keep using this just in case, while you just think of something better.” I smiled while taking the net from her gloved hands. She smiled back and nodded with determination in her eyes. I kept the net charged while following the explosions and flames that I knew centered around our opponent.

 

I ran into Mina sliding on her acid. She kept throwing acid balls at where Togata would appear, but they all just fazed through his chest. Togata just laughed off the attacks from Mina, Shoto, and Bakugo while he ducked below the ground, and popped up behind anyone to get a quick hit in. I clicked my tongue, not wanting to drag this fight out much longer. “2nd Gear! Bullet Time!!” With that, I felt the world slow, and my body lagging behind my thoughts. I focused on Togata, and saw him dip below the ground while staring off towards Aoyama shooting his beam from distance.

 

I had a feeling I knew where he would turn up then. “He’s after Aoyama!!” I yelled while charging over, causing Aoyama to stutter in fright. “What? I-I guess it was hard not to be noticed!” He said while making a strange pose, his jittering revealing the fear of being punched in his #1 weak spot. Just as I made it over to him, I saw some blonde hair growing from the ground behind Aoyama. ‘I knew he couldn’t hear me under the ground, this is perfect!’ I grinned while tossing my net over where I saw him appearing.

 

My body moved at record speed in my state, and as the net fell over where Togata was appearing, I saw surprise in his eyes seeing me staring at him. It was then that he was pushed into the net, fraying his hair before he reflexively ducked back down under the ground. “Dang it!” I yelled in frustration until a sudden feeling of pain emanated from my side.

 

Coughing up, I let go of the net to grab my stomach, and turned off my electricity. “Alright! I think that’s enough!” Aizawa yelled with a frown on his face. I was confused about why he was stopping us, but noticing how Momo was on the verge of releasing tear gas to put a stop to Togata. Evident by the gas masks she was passing around. I understood that the idea of continuing the match seemed a bit too risky for the rest of classes. I let out a scoff while giving a thumbs up to Momo. She only blushed while turning her head. An embarrassed smile could still be seen as she looked away.

26