Chapter 181. Internships!
605 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Togata got his uniform back on again, he let out a contented sigh. “That was great! I see that this class does have a lot of spirit! As well as someone who did their homework on my quirk!” He yelled in between slightly haggard breaths for air, finishing while giving me a wink and thumbs up. I shrugged in response as Aizawa explained about hero internships. However, I was more interested in how Kyoka was doing. “You feeling better?” I asked with concern as she rubbed her stomach. Her slightly reddening face frowned. “Of course. As if a punch to the stomach will be the worst I’ll have to deal with as a hero.” I chuckled, happy that her confidence wasn’t shaken.

 

“But on that note! What did you think of my quirk!?” Togata asked while looking at everyone. Responses were from, ‘Is it a hybrid?’, ‘It’s ridiculously strong’, to ‘It’s fucking annoying you little shit!’, and ‘Difficult to pin down’. (Guess which person said which…) Togata laughed and pointed at me. “Well it is just one quirk! How about we have Kaminari answer as much as he knows and I’ll fill in the rest!” I scoffed at his clear attempt to figure out how much I studied up on him, but felt free to oblige. Everyone’s gazes soon moved over to me as I began to explain.

 

“Togata has a quirk called permeation. He is able to make his body phase through anything. Any part of his body he wants too. When he phases through the floor, he turns off his quirk, forcing himself back up to the surface.” Togata nodded profusely, his smile growing. “Correct!! Well done!” Mina tilted her head in confusion. “Sounds like a video game glitch.” Both Togata and I laughed at how accurate that depiction was. “Regardless! The way you were attacking me was correct! As I’m sure Kaminari is aware, everything passes through me when I’m using my quirk! That includes light, air, and sound!”

 

Everyone gasped at the very idea of not being able to see, feel, or hear anything while fighting. Except Bakugo, who was grumbling about he wished Togata would lose his senses longer. I had to agree that it was strong, but after all the risks I took to grow my quirk, I couldn’t complain too much. “And that’s why experience is what will help you grow!!” Togata yelled while delivering his speech about moving up as hero’s by using this time to gain experience. Most of what he said went in one ear and out the other for me. For the main reason that I wouldn’t want to be in an internship that demanded a lot from me with what I was planning. ‘I have a loose idea, but I wonder…’ I thought as I glanced over at Jin, carefully talking with Sero.

After we were done with that little exercise, and back in the class, it was time to discuss what heroes we wanted to intern under. “Thinking back, it did seem like they only gave us the easiest and safest jobs.” Sero thought out loud while scratching his chin. “Will- Will it be dangerous now?” Jin worriedly asked, causing Sero to hurriedly calm him down. I let out a contented sigh, watching as all the whole class happily talked about where they wanted to intern.

 

“Are you going to be interning at Snipe again?” Deku asked while standing beside my seat, along with the rest of the girls, Ida, and Shoto. I frowned while thinking, if I was going to do what I was planning, it would be best to avoid someone who knew me well already. “I’m actually thinking about going to Woods.” Deku immediately nodded with excitement, Uraraka hardly able to calm him down. “Because of your inherent weakness to anything immune to electricity, you want to train with someone who will help you learn to deal with villains like that!” Deku yelled with a smile, cheerful to have figured out my idea.

 

Momo nodded silently, with a degree of respect, and somewhat affirmation of who I would pick. Mina frowned while moving her fists in slight anger toward Momo. “How did you know!?” It seems that they had a discussion, or perhaps bets, on who I might pick, and Momo had guessed right. I chuckled at Mina’s eccentricness, avoiding my true reasons for going to Woods’ agency, and wanting it to be near where Deku was. Everyone talked about what hero they all wanted to intern under as we all made our way to the dorms.

 

Once the day had come for us to go to our internships we all met up at the entrance of the school to each other off. Aside from Shoto and Bakugo. Both wanting to get ahead of the rest of us. The girl’s send off was a little bit heart aching, knowing that they would be in more danger in their internships now. We had gotten most of our goodbye’s the night before, so I wasn’t too clingy, but still it was evident to the girls I was saddened to have to be away from each other. Finally it was just Jin and I, going to Woods. The teachers had given both Jin and Himiko some freedoms, but they still had to be together with students at all times. Jin may have gone with Sero, or maybe Kirishima, but I had asked him to go with me instead. I needed his quirk.

 

While walking on our way to Woods’ agency, I explained why I needed Jin’s help. “Can you make a copy of me? I wanna have another ‘me’ looking after Himiko.” Jin, even still wearing his mask, I could see confusion in his eye’s expression, so I added another lie to cover up the first. I hated lying to him, or the girls, but I couldn’t take risks of them alerting the teachers too early, and Eri being lost forever. “It would just make me feel better to know that I’m still around to make sure she can last without my blood. I don’t want her to relapse.” Jin instantly nodded in understanding. 

“Um… Here?” He asked while we were in a less populated area. I nodded with a smile. “Yea, just in here.” I said while pointing behind a corner to an alley. It wasn’t long before Jin’s measurements were done, and another copy of me appeared. “Man, you’ve gotten fast on that.” My other self said with a small pat on his back. Jin lowered his head and nodded meekly, yet happily. “I… Have practiced…” I nodded with a smile, and gave my other self almost all the cash in my wallet. I had prepared for this already, and made sure I had enough in my savings to keep the other me fed while he was scouting for possibly days on end, making sure to keep watch for Eri for any sort of evidence that perhaps may lead to Nighteye and the police acting faster against Overhaul.

 

“Alright, let’s get going!” I cheered while pulling Jin towards Woods' agency. He stuttered while pointing back, wondering if the other me would be ok. “He’ll be fine. I gave him enough money to keep him fed over the next few weeks. I trust myself.” Jin, after hearing that last part, lowered his head without a word. I immediately felt bad, so I hit his chest lightly to grab his attention. He looked up, and even through his mask I saw his sadness… I knew, because I felt similar amounts of it. “You may have lost trust in yourself, but that doesn’t mean you can never get it back. C’mon, one step at a time.”

 

Jin, after staring at Kaminari for a moment, finally nodded his head while sucking in his slightly running nose. The multitude of voices in his head, always yelling at him, and making fun of him, taunting him. Always seemed to quiet down after talking with Sero, Kirishima, or especially Kaminari. Kaminari didn’t know, but his words were just about the only thing aside from Jin’s mask, keeping him together. Jin’s mask kept his mind together with sheer force, keeping all of his personalities combined into one. However Kaminari, was something else. He gave hope that someday, Jin wouldn’t need his mask anymore. That bit of hope is what pushed Jin forward.

20