Chapter 6 – Rock, Paper, Scissors
5.5k 14 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day at school turned out to be a day outside of the norm for Takei. He would no longer be able to have the peaceful life that he desired. You might ask why this is the case? Well...

"Takei!"

"What's up?"

"I'm bored~"

The odd duo were in the library in between classes because Akari called him out for help on something. It turned out that the request for help was related to the "giving the goddess a break project."

"Let's do something fun right now!"

"What are we going to do in the library?"

The library was typically a place for reading and studying, so it would be obvious that there wouldn't be any means of entertainment. At this point, Takei felt Akari was just being overdramatic about being bored. He was a bit irritated about having to help her at these odd times, but he wasn't entirely opposed since he knew the hardships that she had to endure.

"Okay, how about this... Let's do rock, paper, scissors and make a bet."

"A bet?"

"How about this, whoever wins gets to ask the loser to do anything they want for a day."

"Deal."

Akari immediately replied with such passion that resulted in Takei reeling back in embarrassment. Having a beautiful girl in this close proximity was messing him up.

"Let's start then, best out of three wins. We go on shoot. Any questions?"

"Nope!"

Takei firmly believed he could win this game since he was fairly confident in his analyzing skills. He felt like he could observe an opponent and find out their thinking method easily. There was absolutely no way he was going to lose this game.

***

"I lost this game..."

Takei was currently in the stage of denial when it came to the five stages of grief. Somehow, Akari managed to defeat him in his strongest game. Typically, Takei would always defeat his opponent in rock, paper, scissors without any hassle, but the goddess was too big of an opponent for him.

Akari had easily analyzed his thinking process and changed her facial emotions and hand gestures as a result. She then tricked him by giving him the wrong gestures when she was about to reveal her hand. Takei relied too heavily on his enemy's facial emotions and hand gestures which helped him end up with a loss as a result of it. In the end, Takei was once again unable to defeat the goddess.

"Yay, I won! That means I can do anything to you right?"

"Yeah it does, sadly."

Takei wanted to grumble about it, but in the end he was the person who set up the rules like this.

"Let's see..."

The goddess looked downwards as she lost herself in thought. Takei got scared at the thought that he might have to do an embarrassing act.

"Hey Akari, we're good friends and we won't do anything harmful towards each other, right?"

Takei tried to convince her to listen to his weak reasoning. He felt like he would be doomed if he left Akari to her own imagination.

"I got it!"

All of a sudden, Akari leaped out of her chair with an excited face. It seems like she had finally found out what she was going to make Takei do.

"I know exactly what you're going to do..." Akari grinned.

"Please go easy on me."

"...you're going to go on an afterschool date with me!"

"..."

"What's with the silence?!"

"Wish rejected."

Takei was very against this due to the fact that if their classmates found out that he was going on a date with the goddess, the end result would surely be him getting turned into mince meat.

"What?! I thought you couldn't go against this since it was a bet..."

"What if people see us together? Your reputation would be tarnished after you're caught with a weird guy like me."

"You're not weird... well, maybe a little bit."

"Oi."

"I don't really care what others think. I would rather have fun with you than other people."

Takei did not know what to make of this statement. He started blushing at the thought of him being special to her. However, he still couldn't get over the fact that he was still a nobody.

"A guy like me couldn't possibly stand next to a person like you."

As soon as Takei finished his sentence, the temperature in the room dropped several degrees. It was almost like a wave of frost had permeated the air and overtaken the room.

"What do you mean a guy like you!"

Akari seemed quite infuriated as opposed to her normal cheerful behavior. She yelled at Takei in a voice low enough to not get reprimanded in the library.

"Do not belittle yourself, you are worth so much more than you believe. If you don't think so, I will continue to remind you."

The goddess' voice sounded quite strict and icy while she was lecturing him. Takei could do nothing but nod up and down as she scolded him for his self-deprecating behavior.

"I understand..."

"It's good you do. I think we can stop this discussion here for today. My mood has been spoiled a bit, but..." Akari paused.

"I really can't wait to go on that date after school, so make it up to me by planning some fun places to go to!" she exclaimed.

"Okay, I got it."

After hearing Takei's confirmation, Akari nodded her head and prepared her belongings. Next period was about to start, so she was perfectly on time with cleaning up. There was no doubt left in Takei's head that the goddess was diligent with her time management. Several moments later, she skipped out of the library with a satisfied smirk on her face. Looking at this scene caused Takei to scratch his head in confusion as to why she was so happy to go out on an outing with him.

---

Akari's Affection Meter: 20 -> 22%

She really hates when Takei downplays himself, huh? The small 2% increase is bringing her affection slowly to the realm of best friends. Don't worry, the realm of lovers will not be that far off and 100% will not be the max for this meter :)

P.S. Next 3 chapters will be the afterschool date. Please look forward to future chapters.

109