Chapter 78 – Midterm Results
1.6k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large crowd of students were surrounding a small bulletin board that was plastered on the wall of a high traffic highway.

If you didn't go to this school, you would be very confused about this event.

However, this was a very usual sight that was common after every big test.

The bulletin board had the listings of the top 10 students of each school year who scored high enough to be considered the top elite of this school.

The Takei of the past wouldn't have given the board a second thought, but he was now a different person.

Studying extremely hard for the midterms, Takei hoped that he would be able to reach the top 10.

As the crowd grew even thicker and larger, Takei pushed through them with a determined expression on his face.

Even if he didn't make it to the top 10, he would persevere and try his best until he would be able to make it.

Finally reaching the front of the crowd, Takei scanned over the bulletin board.

Akari Akazawa, #1

As he had expected, Akari was at the top of the student rankings.

With a slight hint of nervousness, Takei's eyes followed the list downwards hoping that he would see his own name.

Takei Tanaka, #8

"YES!"

Without even minding the crowd around him, Takei cheered victoriously. He had indeed made it to the top 10, albeit barely.

Takei was extremely happy to see that his efforts had paid off. Now, he just needed to not neglect his studies and he would be able to reach the higher echelons of the student rankings eventually.

"It looks like you did quite well."

A familiar soft and angelic voice suddenly interrupted his meticulous future planning.

Turning around, Takei confirmed who the person was even though he had already known beforehand.

"Thank you for the help, my goddess."

Wearing an extremely proud face, Takei turned around and met Akari's gentle eyes.

Even though they were at school, a sugary atmosphere formed nonetheless.

Many people wanted to complain, but none had the courage to defy the goddess.

Akari then leaned forward and seductively whispered into his ear.

"Wait until we get home for your reward~"

As a result of the goddess's seducing, Takei ended up daydreaming all day about the possible scenarios that would happen when he got home.

***

Takei walked home with an expectant smile on his face.

Half of this smile was because of all the praise that he received today thanks to his test scores. Helena, Eiji, Rikka, and Ryuto had congratulated him earlier in the day.

The reason for the other half of his smile was due to Akari's promise of a reward. He could only wonder about what was going to await him when he arrived at home.

On the way home from school, he noticed that there were some particularly new places that were being built.

There was going to be a new arcade and movie theater, as well as many different attractions that were perfect for a date.

Takei took notes of the locations in his phone's notepad and then continued home.

After the short commute, he finally reached his house.

Takei opened the door and quietly entered.

Since there was no maid in sight, Takei breathed a breath of relief and cautiously continued deeper into his house.

He decided to venture into his room to scope out the surroundings.

Due to an instinctual feeling from his gut, Takei believed that she was most likely waiting for him in his room.

Cautiously opening the door to his bedroom, Takei's eyes were blessed with the sight of a divine goddess awaiting him.

"You took your time, didn't you?"

Smiling cheekily, Akari patted the place on the bed next to her.

It looked like she had been waiting for a while, due to the fact that there was a half-eaten sandwich on the desk next to her.

"I'm sorry, I got a bit distracted..."

Takei sat down as instructed, while he also apologized to Akari for making her wait so long.

"It's okay, I didn't wait that long." Akari explained, with a chuckle. "Are you ready for your reward?"

There was no way Takei could be ready for his reward from the goddess, but he had to steel his resolve and accept her good will.

He nodded in response to her question and looked at her with an interested expression.

Akari also burst out laughing seeing how serious he was, but she managed to reign it in.

"Alright, lay down on your stomach and I'll take care of the rest."

Doing as instructed by the goddess, Takei laid down stomach-side on his bed.

Cracking her fingers, Akari revealed the true purpose of this activity.

"Ta-daaa! I'm going to give you a massage!"

She placed her dainty yet reassuring hands on Takei's back and began the recently announced massage treatment.

Takei didn't want to interrupt her massaging, but the increasing shame building up inside of him was thinking otherwise.

Although the back massage felt very good, Takei was embarrassed to have Akari touch his back.

Luckily, she was only feeling him through his clothes and was not touching his bare skin.

"Takei, have you been working out more? You feel a lot more muscular than you were a while ago."

Revelling in fear from Akari's keen insight and comment about his body, Takei just nodded and revealed the truth to her.

"Ah, yeah... I've been working out just a little bit."

This change in habits was a result of Takei's resolve to become a better person that was suited to be able to stand next to the goddess. In addition to the weight training that he had been doing, he now ran morning jogs everyday.

In contrast to his expectations, Akari seemed a bit concerned about him.

"Please don't overwork yourself."

Sensing her inner worries, Takei hurried to try his best to assuage them as fast as possible.

"It's okay, your food always rejuvenates me. I feel like a Herculean god when I eat your meals."

"Oh you..."

It looked like Takei's shower of praise had worked, since Akari was getting flustered as a result.

"I mean, you like more muscular men, right?"

To help dispel the weird atmosphere, Takei tried to subvert the topic.

"I like people like you..."

"..."

However, his attempts were not fruitful.

The goddess's heroine power was too strong, which was enough to overpower his weak attempts.

Even though Takei was getting a back massage, he could feel himself becoming more distressed by the second.

In conclusion, the goddess was too strong of a foe.

---

Akari's Final Affection Meter: 48 -> 52%

I would pay for her to give me a massage, oh Takei you are such a lucky guy...

Sugar-san: We all would...

38