Chapter 128 – Finals
757 17 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you asked some students what the worst part of school is, then most would say homework or having to wake up early.

However, their opinions would soon change once the end of the year steadily approached.

The looming threat of finals was guaranteed to strike fear into the hearts of students worldwide.

Luckily for Takei and Akari, they were already diligent students who were consistently studying, so finals were not that much of a problem for them.

Just like they had previously done, they held a study session that encompassed all of their friend group and helped everyone with their studying.

The study session lasted a bit longer than the first one since Helena was having trouble focusing and kept on getting distracted due to random things.

As a result, there was a surprise video game session in the middle of the study session.

In the end, they managed to return back to studying and the second studying session was considered a big success.

Now, it was all up to everyone to give their best during the final exams.

"Shouldn't we abolish something like this?"

Before the tests were distributed out, all of the students were anxiously sitting at their desks with grim expressions on their faces.

Takei, as per usual, was grumbling about the troublesome things that he had to encounter in his everyday life.

"Well, we have to do it to show them our comprehensive knowledge that we gained during the year."

Eiji was behind him with an exasperated expression due to Takei's insistence that finals were useless.

"You'll be fine. After all, Akari helped you with studying, right?"

Rikka lifted her face from her notebook that she was studying from and spoke to reassure Takei that he would be alright.

"Yeah, I guess so..."

Once the goddess's name was brought up, Takei immediately stopped complaining.

He could already imagine what Akari would say if she was here.

"Don't worry, I prepared you as much as possible to ensure that you would do good. It's up to you now, so do your best!"

Akari had given Takei all of the resources he needed to pass the finals with flying covers, so Takei needed to honor her hard work by trying his best on the exams without complaining.

As if a higher being had heard his resolution, Takei received a text on his phone.

I'll reward you if you do good~

After reading that text, Takei was unsurprisingly motivated to do his very best on the tests.

Putting on his game face, he was ready to give his all in order to get a good grade on his final exams.

On the other hand, his two friends next to him were perplexed as to why he had such a weird expression on his face.

Although, it didn't take them too long to figure out the reason why.

"Akari, huh?"

"She probably has a reward ready for him."

Sighing at the same time, the brother and sister duo were exasperated at how strong the power of love was.

***

"It's finally over..."

Helena tiredly slumped down in her seat and loudly sighed in an attempt to wash her fatigue away.

The whole crew was assembled at a lunch table after finals concluded for the day.

Everyone had a tired expression on their faces as they slowly dug into their lunch.

The only person who didn't seem really tired was none other than the goddess herself.

Instead of looking fatigued, Akari surprisingly had a cheerful expression on her face.

The reason being the black-haired boy that was sleeping peacefully in her lap.

Takei had given his best during the exams and was zapped of all his energy once he was let out of the classroom.

When he arrived to the cafeteria with Eiji and Rikka, Takei immediately conked out on the hard cafeteria seat.

A few moments later, Akari arrived with a displeased expression on her face.

Seeing Takei frowning because he was sleeping on a hard surface made Akari's heart hurt.

With swiftness akin to Hermes, Akari went over and laid Takei's head on her lap.

Fast forwarding a bit, Takei's expression changed to a calm and peaceful one as he happily slept on a cloud of softness.

Ryuto flashed a thumbs-up at the sight of Takei enjoying himself, while Arisa giggled at the sight of such a defenseless person.

On the other side of the table; Eiji, Helena, and Rikka continued to eat their lunch with a wry smile on their faces.

Deciding that the silence at the table was enough, Akari decided to address the elephant in the room.

"How was the exams for everyone?"

In response, she got a variety of answers.

"Meh."

"I think I did alright..."

"Good, I think?"

A general consensus of uncertainty was what Akari had somewhat expected due to the atmosphere.

"It's okay, you all studied well. I believe you'll all pass with good marks!"

With a gentle smile on her face, Akari affirmed everyone's hard work.

The test results would be released tomorrow, so everyone's scores would be inevitably revealed.

Akari wasn't that worried about her friend group's grades though, she made sure that everyone would pass due to her efficient studying methods.

After Akari's short pep talk, Helena got curious as to what Akari's grade could be.

"How well did Akarin do on the test?"

Thinking about it for only a couple seconds, Akari quickly responded.

"Pretty well, I think that I got full marks?"

"...As expected."

Helena was only shocked for a moment before her common sense kicked in and made her realize that Akari was academically unrivalled.

"Then, what do you think about him?"

Pointing towards Takei, she wondered if he was going to be able to reach his goal of improving his position on the leaderboard.

Akari's eyes drifted towards Takei, which ended up resulting in her cheerfully playing with his hair.

"I think Takei will do great since he gave it his best effort. Even if he didn't do that well, I'll console him with everything I have, because..."

Pausing for just a moment, Akari's eyes shined brilliantly as she looked at her significant other.

"...He's my one and only Takei."

---

New Idiot Couple Meter: 18 -> 22%

Akari's Reward: Lap Pillow

Serious-san: Can I have a lap pillow too?

Sugar-chan: As a reward~

21