[Vol. 1] Chapter-1: The Transfer Student (4)
380 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing's more pleasant than waking up at the sharp buzzing of an alarm clock, making us feel like breaking the stupid thing with a hammer. AND I woke up to that same jarring sound, wrenching my ears. I didn't go the classic 'Alarm crushing' way, but simply threw it out of the window. Literally.

I wasn't familiar with such bizarre things so this was the only idea I had. And it did seem to work as the nasty buzzing stopped, followed by a 'smash' and a 'crackle' sound. These weren't the only voices-

"Kurogane boy! How many clocks are you gonna break!?"

It was the landlord. I had a troubled expression but then ignored. That was pretty rude and weird of me though, but anyways, gotta head to school now. 

After making and having my breakfast, I walked out and down the road. Today I had a special item. Along with my bag, I took a wooden katana. Because it's my first day in the Kendo club!

Even though I had already mastered swordsmanship (not JeonBu Kamihame sword style), I still wanted to continue practicing because of two reasons. One, to prevent my skills from rusting and two, in order to find my limit to how much stronger I can get. The latter might seem silly, but it was true. I was still on my way to discovering my true limit (maybe even surpass it).

Aya's home came on sight in the distance. And she just walked out, damn what timing it is.

"Aya!"

I gathered speed and ran towards her.

"Nice timing! Let's walk to school together!"

"Y-yea sure...Let's go..."

The reply was monotonous, as if trying to show she was all right, but from the inside she wasn't. Not even a single bit, I could feel. It was pretty obvious that she might've been worrying over something.

"Aya, is there something bothering you?"

"Oh...No, it's nothing. Just yesterday, my brother was...."

Her expression delved deeper into sorrow. This along with her incomplete sentence was enough to let me know the problem. And it seems she figured that I noticed-

"Y-you don't have to confront him, it's ok, he did that because he was stressed out."

Yea. It was her brother torturing her for god knows whatever reasons. But still-

"But that doesn't mean that you are a toy and he'll be torturing you just to relieve his stress..."

Her mouth got shut. What I said was indeed true though, her brother might've been stressed, but that doesn't mean he could physically abuse her to relieve himself. She is not a plaything right? But since she's all gloomy and depressed, I couldn't say a word but feel pity for her.

"Anyways, I'm really sorry for the trouble you had to go through."

"N-no it's perfectly fine! I-it's not your fault..."

But still, I couldn't help feeling guilt. There was nothing I could do, since it all happened in her home. I can't just barge in and protect her. It would be literal robbery style or like a superhero breaking into villain's house, the kinds of things that happen in tv shows and movies.

 I couldn't notice my guilt portrayed all over my face. Because she did, swiftly reaching for my arm and kept a firm hold as we were walking.

"Hisashi, I told you right...you don't have to feel sorry for me. Now please cheer up...!"

Her voice was embedded with cheerfulness and this actually brought my mood up. But soon, realization struck and I had an intense blush.

"Y-yea, thank you for assisting to cheer me up."

She gave off a giggle. It was so soft, and her face looked incredibly cute. In fact so much that I wanted to squish her face against mine, but that would be inappropriate, leading to 'that' misunderstanding, if you know what I mean *wink* *wink*. But anyways, her laughing is also kind of embarrassing me, not gonna lie.

"W-why are you laughing?"

"No, It's nothing. Just that...you can be so formal sometimes...it's really funny. *giggle* By the way...why is your face turning red?"

Crap, she noticed!

Well, it was noticeable anyways. Obviously.

"Oh, n-nah....It's because..."

Seems like I don't have to explain further because she realized it too, and her giggly face suddenly reddened so much as if she was a tomato. Then abruptly her hand let go of mine and began to apologize.

"I-I'm sorry! Really sorry!"

"Haha, Y-you don't have to it's ok."

Her reddening slowly disappeared, getting replaced by a smile.

Her gaze now laid on my bagpack. I guess she's sticking on the katana, because there's nothing else other than my bag.

"By the way, Hisashi...why did you bring a wooden katana?"

Yea, my guess was right.

"I'll be joining the kendo club from today."

"What about your armor?"

"They'll be providing it, just gave instructions to bring a katana."

"Oh...okay."

Kaisei High appeared on sight by the time we finished talking. And good thing we just reached on time (kind of early to be honest).

We sat on our desks, next to each other. It was before homeroom period's arrival, and we two were the only ungrouped students as almost everyone were cramped together scattered about the room. For me, it didn't get lonely as I was used to it. But not sure about Aya.

I Peeked at her only to find her face to be blank, more like she was fine. Loneliness didn't get her also. Well, she does get bullied by everyone so it was to be expected, and it's better (I had kind of forgotten 'bout it). For her gaze...it was a stare of emptiness (lol).

Soon enough, this silence broke off when three girls who just entered the classroom began lashing out at Aya.

"Ugh for god's sake, why do I see a s**t bag first thing in the morning."

"But it's also good for us, we can have some fun right!"

"Oooh, the ropes I brought might come in handy~!"

They were the same three girls who were torturing Aya on my first day. And what the hell are they planning to do with her, having brought ropes and stuff?

I glanced at Aya and could see her shivering. The sight of horror was clearly manifested in her eyes.

Things might worsen so I had to stop them. I don't know how, but I had to. Maybe the tactic I thought about yesterday might work. Sweet talking them through and taking them away from Aya....But I don't think that's going to in this situation. Evil grins embedded on their demonized faces clearly showed it, that talking was useless. I had to directly confront them.

"Uhm...You girls. Please cut it out."

At my voice, they abruptly averted to me, with their horrific faces enough to send chills down my spine. It also enabled me to feel their presence filled with wickedness and immorality. They might have spooked me, but that doesn't mean I'd chicken out.
Even Aya's gaze turned towards me.

But wait, as soon as these girls perceived me, immediately turned innocent and gave a cheerful answer-

"Hisashi-kun! It's nothing~ Just that-"

She again turned her gaze towards Aya with an evil grin.

"-She said she wanted to play, so we were going to."

Bruh, wasn't I just beside y'all?

"Whatever, leave her out of it. That look on her face clearly shows she is the victim. So please, stop."

Her face roughened but hid it with a fake smile, trying to not let me and the others know. But I already knew about it, haha!

"Hisashi-kun~ How can you say I am the one guilty? She said she just wanted to play, so we were going to..."

"Not a chance. You can't fool me."

She finally couldn't hold back her frustration anymore, and kind of lashed out-

"Hisashi-kun! Why are you getting so protective of her? What do you find interesting about her anyway?....You might not know, but she is actually a jerk from the inside. She doesn't show it to anyone else and hides it with a fake depressed face."

She continued on her so-and-so while I gave a blank-stare.

"She makes friends with new students like you by showing a depressed face and making them fall for her with pity.... She then later takes it to her advantage and uses those guys to protect her and be her bodyguard...She is just a cruel little bi**h."

Whoa whoa watch your mouth, girl.

And really? She really had to pull a white lie on me, huh? Whatever she said, it was all a lie. The reason you ask—her facial expression. Her eyes were slightly wider than usual, and she had gaps in between what she was saying. Those gaps were intervals at which she was thinking what to say. Well, this might not be an absolute certainty to catch a liar but for her, it was blatantly obvious.

Quite something I didn't expect, tears emerged and rolled down Aya's cheeks, and she began sobbing, running out of the class. Why did she though? She should've known already I am not the kind of person to easily believe someone (well, I do sometimes). Also I don't think she knows that about me, so I guess I can understand. But whatever, I need to follow her or she might again get struck with stupid suicidal ideas or something.

"Wait, Aya!"

I shouted trying to get her attention, but she was already out of sight. I ran out of the classroom and towards where she went. Those three girls had the same, disgusted expression, this time towards me.

* * * (Shifting of POV)

Why did she have to tell such a lie? I really didn't mean that to Hisashi, I swear! It was just that Hisashi was the only one who looked at me without disgust, the only one who treated me like a normal human being. After such lies, if Hisashi believes them, I don't know what he'll think of me. He'll probably also start treating me like them, and do all the things everyone did! I don't want that to happen!

But as I was running, at the corridor I crashed against something. At once I knew it was someone's chest, and I fell on the floor from that impact. It felt as if I tackled a body builder.

I flinched in fright after recognizing the person. It was Akio and his peers! What was he doing on our floor? He was a second year student, so his classes were on the second floor.

"Da hell? Can't you see I'm coming through?"

Akio gave a grimacing look, and it petrified me so much that my sight got transfixed on his devilish face with terror.

"Oi wait, Akio. Isn't she the chick who sticks around with that a**hole?"

"Yeahh she's the lovey-dovey partner of that Kurogane f**ker!"

"Then should we keep her in custody? This might help us with our plan! bah-ha!"

"Yes! We should! In the meantime, should we play with her a little?"

"Are you an a**hole? What if a teacher sees us?"

He and his peers were fighting amongst themselves. But what plan were they talking about? It sounded evil, and I'm getting this feeling it might be something related to Hisashi... But before I could listen to their conversation any further-

"You're right. We should play with her for some time. Teachers don't usually pass through this corridor, so we're safe! Bah-ha!"

My whole body shivered, thinking what would they do to me. Considering the last time, it might be even worse! I don't want that!

"You're such a hot chick, you know. So why don't you play with us too?"

As if I am!

Akio stepped towards me, walking like a ghost ready to creep me to hell.

"No...please...stop...don't...."

My eyes got wet, watching as he crept up to me. I couldn't move back and was frozen. All I could do was cry for help with my shaking voice, but that will also not work since no one was around.

"Please...no!"

But before he could reach me, I saw a fist appearing from beside and smashed his cheek, his face getting slightly distorted due to the power. I turned to look who it was and was quite surprised. It was Hisashi!

* * * (Shifting of POV)

"Wait, Aya!"

I shouted trying to get her attention, but she was already out of sight. I ran out of the classroom and towards where she went. Those three girls had the same, disgusted expression, this time towards me. But I didn't have the time to care about that. The only thing I cared about right now was to find Aya. Where could she be heading? I absolutely had no freaking idea!

Thankfully, while running down the hallway she appeared on sight, on the floor. But wait, there were three more people with her too. And I flinched in recognition. It was the Akio guy and his gang! Approaching Aya in such a way, it was obvious they were ready to do something immoral again.

You...It's you again...You scumbag!

I dashed towards them with tremendous speed but silently, as I didn't want to be noticed earlier. Else Aya might get in trouble. Silent stepping is a style of walking or running in JeonBu Kamihame sword style. It might be a little tough to grasp, but proves fruitful and necessary in actual combat. We can ambush the enemy before they can sense any danger, for example: Silent killing.

Upon reaching, I extended my fist right on this Akio guy's face, smashing him so hard that he slid away, falling on the floor.

"Just what in tarnation are you trying to do with Aya huh?"

The other guys flinched before rushing at Akio. 

"O-oi Akio..! You alright?!"

He, on the other hand, got up limping on the ground and cursing-

"Ha...F**king ba**ard...You're lucky we're retreating for now. But better watch out, this evening's gonna be the last few moments of your time alive!...Bah-ha!"

Said Akio as he, with his guys, tottered out of our sight.

Oh god, these guys. Man they never fail to be troublesome.

Haah. Anyways, there was something more important. I averted to Aya, who stood fidgeting with a depressed face. Fumu, she really did think I would start to hate her, huh. She shouldn't worry about such things, to be honest. I can understand how much trouble she had been going through.

If you think that Aya might've lied about her life situation, then I'm afraid but you're wrong. The reasoning is the same and simple, her face. I can clearly detect when someone deceives. And for her, that was no lie. As she was grieving out her life circumstances, she had unending misery portrayed all over her depressed face. It was a face that conveyed she can't continue on like that anymore. The sorrow weighing her heart, she couldn't hold it anymore.

"Aya...."

I gave a gentle call at her but she smiled, a forced smile, and replied-

"It's okay, Hisashi....Y-you can hate me. You can treat me like garbage...like how everyone else does *sniff*"

She began crying!

"W-wait Aya! You've got it wrong..."

"*Sob* It's really okay, Hisashi...I befriended you, because you were the only one who didn't treat me like an object or a toy...*sob*. I wanted to be with you for this reason....But after what she said, you must be disgusted by me..."

Ayo, I would never think like that. C'mon now, why would I? I knew her. She isn't anything like what that girl said.

"We can stop being friends....You must want it too. But one thing before we parted ways, I wanted to say thank you, for everything."

Her teary eyes showed mixed emotions, she was both happy and sad at the same time. But what she was about to say made me blush faintly, along with a tingling sensation of sadness that pierced my heart.

"....I liked the time I had been with you, and it will be something I'll never forget and cherish my entire life *sob*."

But w-wait! This conversation was heading completely towards the wrong direction! She wanted to part ways? When I haven't even confessed she got it all wrong? I had to stop her from doing so. It wasn't my intention of unfriending her!

With my saddening expression, I swiftly brought her into a tight embrace. I can't afford to do that, I can't afford to lose her after becoming her friend. And everything she was thinking was also completely invalid!
With my slight shaking voice, I confessed-

"Aya, you're an idiot. Did you really think I'll believe what she said? I never even once thought like that about you, even after all those lies. Because I know you are not like that."

My slightly shaking voice showed signs of crying. But no, I am not, okay? (Lol).

"Hisashi..."

She slowly hugged me back, her arms caressing over to my back. Her sobbing calmed down and she was stable now, even though I could still feel the remnants of her tears, on my shoulder.
It was really a trivial thing she was worrying about though, as I would never hate her. Because I believe, no, I know she would never do such kinds of things.

"Hisashi, I-I'm sorry...I also didn't want to lose you. I was so scared you might leave me, and I had to be all alone, again..."

I also didn't want to leave her. At first I was thinking why did I choose to protect (well, I know it was out of extreme pity) but I am glad I did.

"Don't worry about it Aya. I told you that I'll be by your side, right?"

I told her, breaking out of the hug and holding her hands. A smile appeared on her face and her eyes were getting teary again.

"Also thank you, Hisashi. For saving me from those girls, and from Akio..!"

She presented a blossoming smile. Her blush of roses manifested the delicate sweetness within her soul. And her eyes shone in a way that conveyed it was one of the happiest moments in her life. A natural smile appeared on my face, along with gentle laughter-

"Haha, it's okay, no need to mention it. But we really should hurry, the teacher might already have arrived in the class by now."

She gave quite a cheerful nod at me and we scurried back to class, still holding hands.

16