[Vol. 1] Chapter-3: Magic Academy (3)
134 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Has the...promised one finally arrived…?”

Uhm, what? Whatever he just said, I didn’t understand anything properly. He muttered in a very faint voice so it wasn’t that clear to me. But deciphering from the little that I heard, he mentioned something about ‘promised one’. 

Whilst he spoke faintly, his face was now all portrayed with a shocked and an amazed expression. The ends of the lips of his wide-open mouth were drawn upwards, and his eyes popped out with sudden astonishment after feeling something. That very feeling was something that I could not decipher. But it might’ve been something pleasant, something mind blowing, and something never before seen. Because the degree of happiness embedded in his beaming smile was so much as if he was freed from prison after a few decades, after being proven to be innocent.

“...”

Aya stood there without uttering a single word, and so did I. But she even had a concerned look on her face, and I expected much. Because that reaction from Kralus was not something usual. At least I think so.

“Kralus! Are you done yet?” 

Came the voice of Julian with a tone that stipulated irritation backed by a displeased expression. Squinted eyelids, ends of his lips trenchanting downwards was enough to give the hunch that he was hot under the collar. Most likely in a sarcastic manner.

He stood in a cross-armed pose, tapping his feet on the ground. It seems he might not have heard Kralus mentioning something about ‘promised one’ or else he clearly would’ve built up a shocked or an amazed expression, just like Kralus.

Kralus on the other hand, shook his head the same as before, faintly but quickly as if snapping out of a thought he was stuck at. Continuing-

“Hmhm yes. It's done. So you also have two unique skills! Telekinesis, the ability to control, manipulate, or move objects with the mind, and Regeneration, the ability to regenerate after extremely severe injuries... Even though you have the Regeneration ability, that doesn't make you immortal or evitable from death. So still be cautious.”

“Yes sir…”

Aya did not seem to be excited about it, or more like, it failed to pump her up. Probably she was not interested in these kinds of stuff, unlike me who was in high spirits after getting to know something as simple as a mere flight skill. Well, I don’t know if flight was rare or common. Since it was a magical world, flying in the air seemed orthodox.

But damn, her skills were even more awesome than mine! Psychokinesis aka telekinesis, and regeneration! It was making me a little jealous, not gonna lie. Lol.

“Hmm...Wanna try Telekinesis?” 

"Okay sir, but...how do I...?"

Kralus pointed to the window present behind his desk.

“Try to break the window. Look at it with complete focus and think of breaking it.” 

“Okay sir…”  

Replied Aya, while turning her head towards the window and making a face depicting complete focus. I could see her eyes beginning to glow in a greenish colour. And-

*CRACK* *CRASH*

-it didn't take long to break the glass, completely shattering it and so much that the pieces were as small as a grain of sand, probably a little bigger than them. Wow, it really was a powerful technique! I mean, completely shattering the glass to sand particle-like pieces, it truly was an amazing sight.

Her eyes slowly returned to their original colour after that. She brightened up and her eyes started to twinkle like the stars present in the sky and jumped in excitement.

“Ha-ha, nice!”

Faint laughter of amazement along with words of compliment emanated from my mouth, but Julian and Kralus, both of them were stunningly surprised. Their faces are depicted as if they have suddenly been struck with a strong feeling of wonder or astonishment. And Kralus mumbled-

“She truly is...the promised one…!”

Fumu. I still had no idea about this ‘promised one’ though. But didn’t feel like asking either because if he had the desire to let us know, he clearly would’ve done it by now.
Julian snapped out of the astonishment he was stuck with a quick shudder of his head and called both of us-

“Aya, Hisashi. Follow me to your classroom, c'mon.”

“Okay sir.”

We said in unison. Just before heading out of the room, we both bowed to Kralus and headed out with Julian while he stood near the table of his desk leaned against it, gently waving at us with a small smirk on his face.


We were on our way walking through the hallway of the building, enroute to our new classroom. But wait, before we go to the classroom, I had to ask Julian something. More like, I had to go somewhere. And I thought this moment was the perfect time to ask, so I did-

“Um...Sir. Are there any like...weapon rooms or something, where we can get a weapon?”

“Yes there is, but may I know the reason for the same?”

“I just wanted to take a look…”

Yea, it is partially correct, but the main motive was something else. It wasn’t any malice, though. (c’mon, why would I have such intentions?!)

“Oh okay. But let’s make it quick. You both are anyway late for your classes. All right?”

“Yes sir!”

I said cheerfully, having an expression of happiness portrayed on my face.

We took a different route, through a hallway with closed doors but no windows to look inside. Perhaps these rooms were storehouses. Around the end of the hallway on our left stood a well-furnished wooden door on which a symbol was carved on a metal plate hung on it. That symbol was nothing but two swords in a crossed position which was partially covered by a shield.

Julian opened the door and it made a loud creaking sound, revealing the insides to be quite a large room filled with all sorts of weapons one could think of. Shields, Tomahawks and other things hung on the walls of the room and silver armour on the armour stands. Tomahawks are hatchets used in war. I.e, war hatchets.

There was even a large table at the center of the room where different bows, fancied hammers and even quarterstaffs which are basically long, fancied sticks, lay among other different things. But none of these were of my interest. I came for only one thing I was best at handling - swords. And surely to my interest, I caught their glimpse in one corner of the room.

Leaving Aya and Julian behind and walking towards it, I could see many different kinds of fancy swords laid on side tables against the wall. From among them I chose the one which piqued my interest the most. A splendid dark blade emitting a purplish aura that I cannot see but feel very well.

Aw6TKKB.jpg

I firmly grasped the ornate grip of the sword, feeling the unusual lightness of it and gazed at the smooth lining of the embellished dark blade as its edge glinted in the light.

I performed a few swings. A combo attack where I first gave a horizontal swing towards the left, rotated my body towards the same trajectory of the sword and then extended both of my arms that clasped the grip towards the front, giving a straight, stabbing slash. 

Indeed, this was a perfect sword for me even though it was the very first time I ever swung a real, steel sword in my life. All this time I had just been using a wooden katana which is of course, the katana in our hostel room. After these few swings, It felt the same as my katana. Weight, length, balance, everything was perfect and exact to my wooden sword, though vastly different visually and materially.

Undeniably amazed though I may be, I have not forgotten the actual reason for coming here. I apologise beforehand to everyone, Julian, Aya and you guys, but please don’t hate me now. I just want to be cautious and be fully prepared for any sort of incidents that might happen in the near future.

I peeked at Julian and Aya who were chatting with each other and Julian pointing at the different weapons, probably explaining stuff to her.

[Does the young master wish to register the weapon held in the list of item summons?]

Before I could, the great sage said it. I was actually amazed that the conceptual being inside my head was able to know my thoughts. Well, it is probably because of being in my head. And yes. This is the reason for coming here.

Yes. Please do.

[...Failure. Analyzing the weapon with Reckoning is necessary to register it to the list of item summons.]

Wha-...Aah.

Fumu. So we have to analyze the object then only we can register it? Well, pretty logical, I guess. This ‘reckoning’ skill probably goes in depth on the details of the object to make it be able to add it to the list. So without any further ado-

Great Sage. Use the skill ‘Reckoning’.

[As you wish. Implementing the active skill ‘Reckoning’…]

I could not feel anything happening, but from other people’s perspective my eyes were glowing. The entire surface of my eyes but the pupils were glowing white in colour. And after a while, the female voice of the Great Sage spoke-

[Analysis successful. Item held in hand is an uncommon weapon called ‘Sword of Affliction’. It is a sword that delivers five times the pain and damage inflicted on slashing the sword on the enemy. Highest affinity with fire magic based sorcerers.]

Uncommon, huh. Please register this weapon in the item summons list.

[As you wish. Implementing the active skill ‘Item summon’...]

My whole body began to emanate a whitish glow. Even my sword was engulfed in the glowing white light. After a while, the glow on both the sword and my body fainted, and the voice of the Great Sage spoke- 

[Success. Item <uncommon weapon ‘Sword of Affliction’> was successfully added to the list of item summons. Do you wish to give it a nickname?]

No. This name is good enough.

This is actually not even my weapon. Lol. Technically, I am just borrowing it without consent, so why would I name anything I’m not the owner of? And again, my humble apologies for the same because I am just cautious for the future, and I don’t feel safe without any weapon at hand. Surely, I could’ve gone back to the hostel room and have registered the katana instead, but that would take an enormous amount of time. Not to mention being late for class.

“Hey Kurogane boy! You done?”

Came the voice of Julian who stood at the entrance of the room with Aya.

“Yes sir!”

I carefully placed the sword back to its original position. Carefully because it looked and felt so delicate that one wrong move could shatter this entire dark blade into pieces, though in actuality it would never happen. Lol.

We headed back and continued on our way to the classroom.

We went up a few floors and reached the front of a classroom. As Julian opened the door, we could perceive that the class was full of students, with few empty benches at the back which were probably extras. 

However, the teacher was someone we knew. The same, egotistical female person with a voluptuous figure and who was with Julian for most of the time at the time we came to this world. Yes. It was Valentina ma'am!




Announcement
Hello guys! Hiroshi here! First of all, humble apologies for the news, but I have to leave for a month or so because my school exams are coming up (I'm still 15 y'all, my studies are really important at this age). I will surely be back by the last week of September. Hope y'all don't mind!

[Also, I have received some complaints mentioning that I use simple words and grammar in my story. Well, the reason is simple. Because I want to reach a broader audience. I could clearly mingle plethora of unfathomable words and inaugurate a concoction to utilize in my story, then brag about it (like in this sentence). But I won't. I prioritize plot over grammar and want even people with limited English grammar knowledge to read my story and understand it flawlessly and facilely.]

Happy reading!

 

10