Serene Reading
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miyu and Asuka have been up for a Hours now. Since then, they’ve been constantly planning our Trip into the Spirit World.
Asuka - Then we can visit the Pond! | What Pond?
Miyu - Pond! Yes I want to! | The Pond it is then. When both of them want to.

 

- Eh… Miyu, did you ask your Mother?
Miyu - She said as long as we’re back before Dusk. She doesn’t mind.
- So we’ll be gone for the entire Day?
Asuka - Pretty much. 

 

Miyu - Guys… Should we take Snacks with us?
Asuka - Snacks! | My Sister springs out of Joy.

- We can. But we also need to be back before Dinner. So not too many.
Asuka - Let’s go pick them out! Come on!
Miyu - Let’s! 

Off they go… 

 

Before I follow them, I take a look outside Miyu’s Window. 

 

I haven’t done much protecting since I’ve come back… We’ve found my Sister… Which I’m eternally grateful for. But, there has to be some twist to all these Events that brought great Things.
Something to balance everything. 

 

I’m not wishing for something to happen. I simply wish for it to happen in a way only I can see the end of.
Therefore, the Girls can tend to their Fun.

 

It’s not worth dragging Asuka into the same Role as me, when she can stay beside Miyu all the Time while I watch over them constantly.

 

Asuka - Onii-sama~! Come pick your Snacks! | A curious Dragon Head pops up from the Stairs.

- On my way. | Those thoughts are left for another Time then…

 

Following my Sister into the Kitchen, Miyu has every Snack laid out on the Coutner for us.
Miyu - We already picked ours. Choose, Drago.
Asuka - We left quite a few for you. Onii-sama.

 

Snacks… Some are crunchy, sweet, sour, bitter or even all three. Japan has a lot of variety when it come to Snacks.

- The bitter, crunchy and sweet ones. Please.
Miyu - Alright~!
The young Lady packs them gently into a bag and stores them into her Backpack. 

 

From the Corner of my Eye, the Mother comes in. Haru is… Outside, watering the Flowers we planted recently.
Akano - Do you three have everything?
Miyu - Yep.
Akano - Asuka, please take care of everyone. Drago, watch over them. Don’t you dare look somewhere else… | T-T-Those Eyes! Eek!

- Y-Yes… I will!
Akano - Good Boy! | Now she’s smiling warmly, heading back outside waving at us.

Miyu - I just need to change Clothes then we can go.
I wonder where the Idea for this Trip came from… Maybe Miyu is curious of the Markets of the other Nations?

 

Asuka - Onii-sama, what are you agonizing about?
- Where Miyu got the Idea for this Trip, I thought it’s going to be a visit.

My Sister tilts her Head in a surprise way.

 

Asuka - She did say so since the Talk for Christmas Decorations came up. But we might not catch any this early….
- We’ll find something Autumn-related. I know it.
Asuka - I hope you’re right. 

- Do you think she wants to visit the other Nations? Like the Serpents, Ravens or Crows?
Asuka - Thankfully not. I don’t want to travel too much…
- Neither do I. It’s exhausting to do anything recently. | I wonder why… Is this fatigue from somewhere?

 

Miyu - I’m back! How do I look? | The young Lady spins around, her Skirt glides on the Air.

Asuka - Wonderful, Miyu.
- Very fitting for someone your Age. Elegant and cute.
Miyu - Didn’t know my Dragon was a charmer.
- … I’m not… really.
Miyu - It’s fine. I don’t want you to be one. It’d be annoying, plus… I love you both as you are right now. | Miyu’s Arms reach far, preparing to hug us.
We move closer to her and wrap our Heads around hers.

 

Asuka - We love you too, Miyu. More than you can think.
- Indeed we do. Very much so.
Miyu - Mmmm~! | She tightens the Hug as much as she can and abruptly lets go of us.

 

Asuka - Shall we get going until the Sun is still shining brightly?
Miyu - Let’s. 

As we exit the Home, Haru and Akano watch us get ready for the Trip.

 

Haru - Drago! Please watch over them!
- I know. Nothing will happen to any of them. Promised.
Akano - He’s a good Boy. He will behave and do as told. Now, off ya go. Be back before Dinner!
Asuka & Miyu - We will!

 

Taking Flight, we head towards the Mountain behind our Home. Aiming for it’s highest cliff, a new spot to open the Portal.
Unlike the low Hill we used for threading into and out of Worlds.

 

Asuka glides lower and lower until gently touching the Ground. Miyu gets off her and looks towards the Power Lines stretching to the Horizon’s Cities. An amazing View we have.

 

Miyu - Should we really go?
Asuka - Having second thoughts, Miyu?
Miyu - Not really… I just don’t want to force you two to follow me everywhere.
- That’s an unnecessary worry for you. We are Dragons, your Ancestors were as kind as you.
Miyu - My Ancestors… How were they…?

Asuka - As far as we know, they were great Leaders, won countless Wars and established a eternal bond between us and the Sakurai Family.
Miyu - That’s cool…. I wish I’d get to know them… | The Wind shoots through Miyu’s slick brown Hair.

Asuka - You can read about their Lives, if you want to. Our Dragon Ancestors did the same, but those Writing are long lost…

 

- Truly a shame…
Miyu - As much as I want to meet at least some of my own Ancestors and ask them so many things… I won’t risk anything for it.

 

Asuka - That’s good, Miyu. Still want to go on the Trip?
Miyu - Please. | Miyu nods at me, smiling.
- Right away. 

 

My Scales hit the Ground and a Magical Portal appears. Different… from the last one….
Asuka - Onii-sama… This isn’t good.
Miyu - What’s wrong?

 

- Asuka, what do you see around us?
Asuka - Peace… Silence…. It’s not a good sign…

 

A giant Hand reaches through the Portal, it has a sinister glow to it.
- Asuka!
Asuak - Miyu, let’s go.
Miyu - No! Wait! | My Sister flies off into the Sky. The Hand from the Portal simmers down, as if waiting for something to return.

 

Portal, I summoned you here not to bring evil but to bring us to a Magical World. I’m disappointed in your Work…

 

Even if Portals can’t speak or think… They react to our Words and Thoughts. Sometimes, even obeying us.

In my Case, it seems to be the latter. Slowly closing as if fighting against someone’s Will. 

 

Miyu - Bring me down! Asuka!
Asuka - Miyu, please. Calm down. We will not abandon him. We’ll just stay at distance. Nothing will happen, promised!

Damn it all! Portal! Close already!

 

Swallowing the Giant Hand, the Portal disappears together with its own Magic. I look up at the Ladies, staring at me as if I’m cursed. Which I am… in a way…

 

Landing, Miyu anxiously lunges at me.
- Miyu~... | I rub my Head on hers. My Tail is wrapping around Miyu. 

 

- Sister…
Asuka - I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have taken her so suddenly…
Miyu - It’s okay~... But… Please don’t separate us. Ever again…!
Asuka - Miyu… | With my Tail, I signal Asuka closer. 

My Sister hugs me affectionately, much like a Mother hugging her scared Child.
- It’s okay, Miyu. Nothing happened to us. Everybody is here and well.
Asuka - And we have Snacks…
Miyu - I was really scared… I thought that I will be separated from one of you… 

Asuka - Miyu… I didn’t want that Hand to come close to you. I won’t do it again… I promise… 

 

- Ultimately, it is my Fault. I should’ve seen this coming…. I’m sorry.
Miyu - Can you explain…? I want to hug you two more…
Asuka - Please do, Onii-sama. I don’t know why it happened either…

 

- The Location would be the most accurate explanation. Something bad must’ve happened here, sometime in the Past.
Miyu - I… Is there a Road below this Cliff? | My Sister extends over the side of the Cliff. Returning, she gestures a clear no.

 

- There isn’t.
Miyu - I thought… I thought… We were somewhere close to a Garbage Dump.
Asuka - It makes sense if it were, because then that Hand must’ve been a Mountain Spirit. 

 

- In that case…. He’s no more Spirit. Rather, a Monster that feeds on the innocence of Others….
Miyu - W-What happened to that Spirit…?
- He must’ve been very sad at one point in his Life… Slowly corrupting him over Time. Until he turned into that.

 

Asuka - Poor Thing…
- We can not save the doomed… Only end their suffering. But with Spirits… It’s not possible to do anything….
Asuka - I can try to close it in a infinite Space forever…

 

The state of its Hand… It’s dying… very soon.
- Sister...Its end is close. That Hand was barely holding together…
Asuka - That would explain why it was so slow to react to you… 

 

Miyu - Can we destroy it… or kill it…?
- We can… But… It requires Time and effort… None of which I want to spare.
Miyu - In that case, do we have to postpone our Trip?
- Thankfully not, otherwise that thing would’ve seen its end now.
Asuka - Onii-sama, don’t scare her more. 

 

Miyu - Can we… go relax somewhere after we have shopped…? | Her Hug on me is still strong. Poor Miyu…
Asuka - We can do whatever you want.
Miyu - Let’s do that then.
- Alright, Asuka. Mind opening a safe Portal?
Asuka - On it. 

 

My Sister spins around and with a few Dragon Magic Spells, secures us a Safe Bridge to the Spirit World.

 

Miyu shoots over to Asuka, pulling her backwards.
Asuka - No no, I’m not going anywhere. We will go through together. | I see Miyu nod softly. She’s still scared.

Miyu grabs onto both our Dragon Fluff and we head through the Portal. 

A wide open Field welcomes us. Surrounded by a beautiful Forest, beyond it a River echoes its Flow through the Valley we are in.
- Miyu, can we fly up together?
Miyu - Yes. I want to look around as well. 

 

Onto Asuka’s back, we take off. Beyond the River lies a Town. Just above it fly Dragons, that must be ours. 

 

Asuka - Know where we are?
Miyu - Those are Dragons… right….?
- They look like it. We must be in the Dragon Valley then.
Miyu - We can return to this anytime we want… right…?
Asuka - Of course~. Anytime and anyday.
Miyu - In that case… I want to look if there are any C-Christmas Decorations…
- Lead the way.

 

We sail towards the our Town, large signs indicate the Autumn sale. Lanterns, Candles and Season-specific Flowers are everywhere.
Miyu - I want some Things from here…
Asuka - Pick the ones we want, then we can walk on slowly.
Miyu - Okay… 

 

We let Miyu go on ahead, but… She freezes and looks behind her.
Asuka - Dear, we’re right beside you. We didn’t say we’d leave you. We will never.
Miyu - O-Okay… Huh… | You’ll be fine, Miyu. I know it. 

 

Back to the Stands, it seems I was wrong to assume that we’d find Christmas Decorations this early. But, atleast we find Aututmn specific ones.
Miyu - Uhm…
Female Dragon - Take it, dear. As long as its for you and your Family, everything is free for you in this Nation.
Miyu - T-Thank you… 

 

Miyu turns to us with a Lantern.
Asuka - Here… Rest it in here so that we don’t damage it. | My Sisters opens her Magical Shopping Basket.
Miyu - Can I… get four more.
Female Dragon - As many as you need.

 

Asuka waits patiently for Miyu to be satisfied with her Items and closes the Magical Basket.

Miyu - Thank you….
Female Dragon - Take care, Child. 

 

Beside Miyu, we stroll through the Shopping Stands but… nothing catches our Eye. Miyu looks fascinated by the Candles.

 

Old Female Dragon - Please take as many as you want, Child. We all what you want them for. Don’t fret, take-take.
Miyu takes five of the hand-made Candles and my Sisters lets her place them in the Basket.
Old Female Dragon - Light them in your Room, it will bring you soothing sleep. One that you will not forget.
Miyu - Thank you… 

 

Walking past all the Shops, ultimately the Town as well. Miyu stops. 

Asuka - Miyu…?
Miyu - I’m hungry… can we go eat?
- Jump on. We’ll find a Place.
Miyu - Can we go back… to the Dragon Valley?
Asuka - On it.

 

Slowly we sail above the Town, above the slopes that hold the River below them. Until, we reach a small hill on opposite slopes.

Miyu - Here…. P-Please.
Asuka - Let’s rest.

 

Settling down, the Grass around us waves happily in the Wind.
Asuka - Can you choose for us as well?
Miyu - I don’t want to force you to eat something you don’t want to… Ehhh….

 

A loud Growl breaks the peace.
- Eh… That was mine. Ehehe…
Miyu - In that case… H-Here… You two can have the crunchy ones…. | She opens the Packs and sets them in front of us. 

Asuka - And you? 

Miyu - I-I have these… Same as yours….

 

Asuka - Miyu… Did you forgive me…?
Miyu - For what…?
Asuka - For… scaring you… like I did…. That was… it…
Miyu - I’m not mad at you... I’m just a bit afraid of the future right now…

 

- We’ll find an Apartment, exactly where you want.
Asuka - Fears will pass, after we eat.
Miyu - In that case… Let’s eat… | Afraid of the Future… Nothing we three can’t fix.

 

Pack after Pack, the Snacks are gone. Miyu puts the empty Packs into a small compartment of her Backpack. 

 

All of us lie down, taking in the surroundings and its offerings. 

Minutes passed, Asuka is still admiring the Scenary. Miyu is asleep tucked up to Asuka. 

 

My Sister looks at Miyu as well.
Asuka - Do you think she forgave me…?
- She didn’t hate you for it. She will never.
Asuka - What I did was not fine… I feel horrible for doing so… | As she speaks of it, Miyu digs deeper into Asuka’s Side.

 

Asuka - Miyu~... I hope you’re going to be happy after this. I miss it.
- She forgave you. Even if you didn’t do anything wrong.
Asuka - Onii-sama, please. I did something that scared her deeply. Deep enough to put her in a state of anxiety…. That’s not fine. 

 

A few hours passed, the Ladies took a nap until I woke them up. Miyu was back to normal, happy and smiling. Asuka was reassured multiple Times that she did what she tought was right. Therefore Miyu wasn’t mad at her, at all.

 

With the Worries solved and gone, we headed Home. Dusk was approaching. 

 

Closing in on our Home, Akano is out back watering the Flowers again. Miyu wants us to land beside her Mother. 

 

Akano - Ara? Ah! Welcome back!

Miyu - We’re back, Mama. | Miyu shoots a hug at Akano.
Akano - Anything happen on your Trip~? | She continues to cuddle Miyu.

 

Asuka - Akano… I messed up…

Miyu - Asuka, I told you it was fine. You did what you had to do.
- I’ll explain.

 

 

Akano - That’s it? Asuka, you did what you did. It was what any Woman would do. Any caring one of course. Thank you.
Asuka - I still think it was wrong…
Akano - in that case… you must forgive yourself first. 

 

My Sister stares into the Ground briefly, before lifting her Head mighty.
Asuka - Alright, done.
Akano - Well done. Now, Dinner is a while off, why not take a few moments on the Couch before jumping in on a Bath?
Asuka & Miyu - Great Idea! | There they go again…

 

Akano - You’re Sister is a great Woman. I see a lot of my current-self in her.
- That’s good to hear. She always was like a second Mother to me.
Akano - One day, after this Winter, I want to visit your Parents.
- Eek!?
Akano - That’s not too bad. I’m sure Miyu wants that too. She wants to meet the Parents of the Dragons she loves so much.

 

- Akano… You said forgive yourself… How can I forgive myself for being away 10 Years, not being there for Miyu all that Time… Helping her anywhere I can…
Akano - Life works in mysterious Ways, but one thing is certain about it. Nothing happens without a reason. In that period, she learned a lot of things. Self Care, Top Class Manners and even how to take care of someone. That last Part was her own Will. She said she wanted to tend to you two when you return with your Sister.

 

- Miyu… She did all that… But…
Akano - There’s no buts. Only look forward and never back. Be a good Boy~.
- I will~...
Akano - Alright. Inside we go. It’s getting late.

 

Once inside, she locks the Backyard Door and heads into the Kitchen. Haru is hard at helping her, but… Struggles in the end.
Asuka and Miyu are happily reading the Newsletter on the large Couch. The young Lady is sitting while my Sister is on the Couch’s thick Backrest, reading as well. 

 

Akano - So? Put at ease, Drago?
- Yes… It’s as if I’m soooo~ much lighter now…
Akano - That’s the burden some of us carry for others. Some you can rid yourself in the moments notice, others… Are with you for Life. I never did anything to harm anyone, so I never experienced the latter. But the former, I did. Too many Times.

 

- That’s what makes you Miyu’s Mother. A very special, caring and kind Mother.
Akano - Now now, go join them. I want the summary of it at the end.
- Yes, Ma’am! | I rush to the Couch and sit in front of my Sister, her Head rests over my Neck.

Akano - Good Boy, Drago~. | I gently hear Akano say. As she… returns to command her Husband around. Poor Haru…

 

Miyu - Woah! Look!
Asuka - Car?
Miyu - It’s one of those new Models. With a super efficient Engine.
Asuka - It look big and… sluggish…
Miyu - Agreed. The only thing going for it are the slick edges and overall look.

 

- I kinda feel left out…
Miyu & Asuka - You will never be left out. You’re not silent, just enjoying the moment. | I give them a warm smile, from the bottom of my Heart.

 

Resting my Head down, calming myself with listening to the Ladies speak about various Things and Items. 

0