Dragon Crafts
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Miyu’s anxious Trip, Asuka and I settled on staying Home for a few Months. Except when Miyu decides she wants to visit the Spirit World again for Christmas Decorations.

 

We told Miyu about our Idea, she agreed immediately.

 

Through the upcoming Months, Miyu said she had plenty of Plans. I hope they are filled with cuddling and snuggling, combined with some Work to keep Life balanced and healthy for all of us.

 

Akano and Haru went Shopping together, seeing as we relaxed outside and played in the Pool-far as the Weather allowed.
My Sister kept telling me to craft some Amulets and spread them across the Home and Yard. But… I’m a Male Dragon, Females have much higher Magic Affinity, therefore she could craft them and I’d put them around. 

 

Only Problem… We would have to leave Miyu… We didn’t want to. Asuka told her about our Wish, she immediately jumped from the Couch and presented us with everything that she thinks would come in Handy. In the end, we crafted about Twelve Amulets and Talismans. Hanging them around the Property during the Evening is best, so we waited…

 

Miyu - They’ve been gone for the entire Day…!
Asuka - You should call them…

- Agreed.
Lazing around on the Couch is nice… I want to rest more. 

 

Miyu - Mama? Where are you?

Miyu - Really? You went that far?

Miyu - On your way back? Cool! We’ll wait.

Miyu - Dragons? We’re relaxing right now… They did a lot of Work today. They deserve it. | Sweet of you to say, dear.

Miyu - Cool, love you too. Drive safely!

 

Asuka - What did they say?
Miyu - They’ll be Home in a few Hours, they went really far for Shopping.
Asuka - They need it sometimes. Maybe they went on a Date?

 

Miyu lies back down, facing the ceiling-hand on her Chest.

Asuka - They stayed inside the Home quite a lot, it’s good that they found the Time and Interest to go out. Plus, it’s not only a Date, if at all.
Miyu - It really is good for them, I’m happy. 

 

Pong… Pong Pong…. Pong!

 

All of us look at the Glass Door towards the Backyard, a Sparrow?
- I’ll get it.
Asuka - Don’t let it be bag News….
Miyu - I hope so too… | I stand, walking towards the Bird. 

I take one last look at the Girls, they’re waiting patiently for the Result. Opening it and stepping outside, the Bird flaps its Wings.

- Can you speak?
Bird - I can indeed. Eh… Are you the Dragon Tactician I was told about…?
- Sure am. What is it?
Bird - I’m a Sparrow. Lady Skaly sent me here-I volunteered for this also!
- Good to hear you Sparrows have the Spirit for this. What’s the News?

 

Sparrow - So… Lady Skaly has accepted our Request to join your Alliance. Of course, the other Birds… Raven and Crows also agreed to it. We will now share the Air Space with them. | Goodness… That’s amazing!

 

- Meaning… There’s no fighting?
Sparrow - For now… Skaly threatened to burn the other Nations. | Must’ve had enough. I would too, if my People would be scared to exit their Homes sometimes. Especially as long as our Nation endured the threats from others…

 

- Glad you joined. Welcome.
Sparrow - Thanks! | The Sparrow flaps its Wings joyfully.
- Don’t mind me asking rudely, what are you… Gender-wise…?

 

Sparrow - It’s hard to tell, even for ourselves! I’m a Female.
- But… You have different Feathers than Males, right?
Sparrow - Sadly… That’s not the case for us. That way, I would be obvious. Unlike this World’s Sparrows, we look identical to the Males. Only difference… Our Voices, in some cases. 

 

- If you really want to change anything about it. Go to Skaly. She’d be glad to help.
Sparrow - Well… We don’t want to change our Feather, we rely on universal care for them. Otherwise, we’d have to teach everyone-I mean, everyone! New Skills for caring for these. | She shows me the inner-side of her Wings.

 

A thin natural Coating runs along her Wings.
- Magic?
Sparrow - Genetics. Magic just takes special good care of this. Anyway, I need to had back soon. Skaly also gave me… Eh… Come… on~.... I still need to learn this Storage Magic…

 

Similar to my Sister’s Magic, a small Hole appears beside her. Taking out a sealed Letter, she hands it to me.
Sparrow - Skaly said I shouldn’t open it under any circumstances. Not in a bad way! She smiles briefly while saying that.
- Thanks a lot. Take care.
Sparrow - You too, Dragon. See you! | I watch as she flies off into the Sky, until she vanishes completely. 

 

Returning inside and closing the Door, I open the Letter.

 

Miyu & Asuka - What are the News?!
- Sparrows joined our Alliance, everyone else-from the other Nations agreed to it. 

Miyu - Cool! Now you have more Friends!
Asuka - We sure do! You’re part of this too, Miyu. Don’t forget~!
Miyu - I know-I know, no need to be pouty about it.
Asuka - Don’t forget~! | My Sister’s pouting Face is adorable beyond healthy measures.

 

This Letter… It has a familiar Aura to it. 

 

It’s Contents… A Summary from Skaly. Exactly what the Sparrow told me, them joining our Alliance. 

 

Weather changes, another excellent Harvest… Winter will be the worst the Spirit World has seen. Each Nation’s Scientists and Weather Experts suggest the Wolves will suffer the most. Their Pelt isn’t thick enough, nor will it grow that way.
The Bears will hybernate…. The Eagles… take the second most casualties. Ha! Serves them right. Damn Chickens think they know anything about Life, ours as Spirits nor about their Human’s.

 

- A very good Letter, here. Read through it as well. | I hand the Letter to the Ladies.
Miyu holds it while Asuka peaks over her Shoulder. 

 

Asuka - That’s fantastic! We thought you’d have to leave again!
Miyu - We did think so!
- Even if I had to go, I would’ve thought about it plenty before choosing, I expected to not leave the Home for my Status again. It was done by our second or third-last Visit.

 

My Sister stores the Letter in her Storage… Universe… Magic… That.
- Shall we put up the Amulets and Talismans? We can enjoy a Tea afterwards in Bed. 

 

Just as the Girls were about to leap from the Coach, the Parents unlock the Door and rush in.
Akano - We’re back!
Haru - We… We…. | Haru seems out of breath.
Akano - Muster some Strength, Love.
Haru - I… Ugh… | He seems exhausted beyond any healthy Point. 

 

Miyu & Asuka - Welcome back!
- Welcome.
Akano - So… I’ll put everything we brought away while Haru takes a Bath. Then I’ll take one before we all eat Dinner.
Miyu - ‘Kay! We’ll go hang Talismans and Amulets around till then. Let’s go, Guys.

 

From her Magical Storage Universe, Asuka grabs the Items with her Tail and hands them to Miyu.
Miyu - Are there any specific Spots for these?
Asuka - You’ll see soon. Let’s go out first.

 

We exit the Home into the Backyard, just as the Sunset graces the Earth.
Miyu - So… The Talismans go around the Home, and the Amulets go inside?
Asuka - Yes! Wonderful, Miyu! You did remember!
Miyu - I just rephrased what you told me… Nothing special.
- It’s easy to remember, but actually meaning those Words is something much greater. | Miyu stares at me briefly, before switching to stare at the Magical Items.

Miyu - That’s how it is…

 

Gently stepping to the Edges of the Yard, onto the Fences, Miyu finds a spot for one Talisman.
- These are potent Ones, they might looks basic and primitive. But, since Asuka made them, their ability to destroy Evil and keep the Yard clean is beyong any master-crafted Talisman.

Miyu - So it’s like a Game…
- You mean… Video Games…?
Miyu - These Items have a rarity? Sort of?
Asuka - They do, but one has to recognize it himself.
Miyu - I thought I knew most about he Spirit World…. I’m glad there is more we can learn….
Asuka - We will. But first, we have to put these up. Onii-sama can tell you about some Thing regarding Armour and Weapons.
- I’d be glad to.

 

The young Lady finds the ideal Spots for them, one after one. Until… only the Amulets are left.

Miyu - These go inside the Rooms and places where we spend most of our Time?
Asuka - Correct~! Good Job, Miyu!
Miyu - Hehehe…

 

Back inside the House, Akano is working in the Kitchen with Haru helping to the best of his ability. 

 

Akano - Done arleady?
Miyu - We still have these.
Akano - Amulets. Can I see one? | The Mother approaches curiously, with a spark of joy. 

 

Akano - Impressive… These would sell for a lot in the Spirit World… But, thoes Days are long gone. Where they trade like Humans…
Miyu - Were there such Days, Mama?

Akano - When I first met Drago, I wanted to see this other World and maybe make a living off of it. But I was young, taken by the possibilities of how to use their World for my gain….
- It wasn’t like that and you know. Please stop telling lies.

 

From her sad stare into the Ground, she lifts her Head uncovering a bright smile. As if saying, Thank you.

 

Akano - Truth is, I wanted to help them. At that Time I was still a Student in University. About your Age as well. I couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing them Trade in… Stones, Gems and… Food. As if their… Barbarians. 

- That’s just like it was. Us Dragons were quite… primitive in our Economy, but splendid Fighters and Spirits. Just like Today.

 

Akano - In a way, I brought them up to standard with my Ideas. They accepted mine as their own, all thanks to Drago. He wasn’t the Tactician back then, Skaly was also new to her Throne.

- Eh… Actually, her Body was just younger. Her Mind…. Past of what we can imagine. 

 

Miyu - So you helped the Dragons, Mama?
Akano - I did. Drago was still a Teen… But he did his best. I wish I could go back… for just a moment~... | I feel her on the brink of Tears… 

 

- Akano, please don’t cry. You did us a great favour. One we can’t repay. | She extends her Hand to my Head, gently stroking it.
Miyu - Where was…. Asuka?

 

- In our Home. With our Parents, she was too pure for what awaited the Spirit World….
Asuka - Don’t say it like that… I wanted to help you… but you just said I was too young….

 

- You were. But I treated you like I treat you now. A proper Woman.
Asuka - Charmer.
- Not that…. | The Girls spark into laughter. Akano picks up on the reference and joins them.

 

I see Haru stare at me. Not with Pity, as if he knows the feeling.
Akano - Ahhh… Anyway, I washed up, if you want. You three can go. 

Miyu - We’ll see. First we’ll put these up.

Akano - Have Fun~!

 

Sprinting up the Stairs, we head into the Parent’s Bedroom and spread a few Amulets around. Leaving half for other Rooms. 

Miyu - Downstairs as well?
Asuka - No need. The Fishes are enough. Not that they are Amulets or anything. They’re simple existence there is enough to defeat Evil, as they are magical Creatures.

Miyu - Right, I kinda forget…

 

Next Room is the Bathroom, four are left to put around.
Miyu - These go into my Room or Mama and Papa’s Office?
Asuka - You can spread them equally. Our Bedroom doesn’t need many, because we three are there.
Miyu - Alright.

 

Two go into the Parent’s Office, conveniently outside their Bedroom. These large Windows behind the Desks are really nice.
Heading into our Room, Miyu place the last two. On her Desk, and beside the small-but-spacious Stairs.

 

Miyu - *Yawn~!* Guys… Can we go get Dinner?
Asuka - Yay! Food!
- Let’s.
Sitting down separate from the Family’s Table, Asuka and I savour the Miso Soup Akano made. As always, delicious and lethaly sleep inducing.

 

Miyu - Thanks for the Meal. I’ll make a Tea.
Haru - Can I have one as well?
Akano - Haru…. You can make your own. Don’t put your work on your Daughter. | Haru lowers his Head in shame, acknowledging his mistake.
Haru - Yes, Ma’am…
Akano - Good.

 

Miyu continues to make her Tea, with a bright smile. I see Asuka sprinkle some Magic towards the Water with her Tail. It instantly starts boiling. Miyu noticed, replying with a wink.

 

Akano - Good Night, you three.
Haru - Sleep well.
Miyu - Thanks, you too. | Asuka and I wave at the Parents with our Tail, signaling a Good Night.

 

In our Bedroom, Miyu sets her Mug on the Nightstand and cuddles into her Blanket. Asuka is quick to join, with me being last.
My Sister’s Tail seems to be wagging.

 

Under my Feet, the Bed expands towards the opposite Wall of the Room, turning to form a corner. A thin Japanese-styled Wood Wall acts as a Back rest as Miyu slowly slides over, making space for us to rest comfortably.

Miyu - It feels like a smaller Room in a Room.
Asuka - Hehehe, glad you like it.
Miyu - It feels really nice, being able to rest comfortably together.
- It is. Also, look here. | I point at the small Door-like entrance to the Bed.

 

Miyu - Asuka! Thank you, this is amazing!
Asuka - Also, your Nightstand is accessible through… here~. | My Sister points her Snout at the small Door that opens and closes near the Corner of the Wall.

 

Miyu - Drago, can you tell me about the Armours and Weapons of the Spirit World?
- It’s a lot to take in, especially at this Hour. But, much like the Amulets and Talismans, they also have their own rarities. Mastercrafted to primitive and crude. The Latter is just a makeshift solution nowadays.
Miyu - I see. Tomorrow it is then. I want to learn a lot.
Asuka - You have all the Time in the World. 

 

Thanks to my Sister’s Magic, we can rest our Heads on Miyu’s Lap, while looking out the now-massive-looking Window.
The Moon is clearly visible. A full Moon even. 

 

Asuka looks at me, waiting for my words.
- We’ll be there with you, every second of that Time.
Miyu - I know~. That’s what makes me calm. Knowing you two are there when I wake up and go to sleep, each Day and Night. 

 

My Tail and Asuka’s wrap around Miyu’s Lower Back, letting her know… How much we love her. 

Do you like this Story? Would you read the next Part?
  • Been here every Chapter. Yes. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nice Story, but still needs some Work. I'd read the next Part, yes. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. I'll look at it. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0