Basic scientific observations
376 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Basic scientific observations

Unlocking a new type of vision was a spectacular feeling that I wouldn't ever be able to forget in my life. Everything just looked more detailed and sharp - It’s as if you were living inside a village surrounded by fog for your whole life until it suddenly just disappeared. 

I wonder if someone with an activated Sharingan or Byakugan would have a similar vision to mine. But unlike them, I couldn’t turn off my enhanced vision and looking inside a mirror I couldn’t see any visual changes to my eyes: They were still pitch black.

‘But how did I obtain this power? Is it related to me finding my Chakra siphon? It probably has something to do with the lightning strike that struck me.’, I questioned after the initial shock of obtaining such a gift faded. I was a firm believer in the following saying: There is no such thing as free food. 

After thinking about it for a while, I realized that I knew too little to draw a logical conclusion. It was better to let this problem rest for now and focus on something more practical, like the understanding and functions of my new power. 

So I used my past life’s method of a scientific approach and carefully observed everything I knew with my new vision which actually gave me some really interesting results: It seemed that I could see how different kinds of Chakras somehow interacted with their surroundings. 

A flame, for example, emitted the same kind of Chakra as a very hot piece of metal that was heated up by the sun’s rays. Unlike the flame, the Fire Chakra from the plate didn’t do anything and just dissipated into its surroundings. 

Another example would be the interesting effect of boiling water: A flame would emit Fire Chakra which would then be transferred to the water. The water would then absorb it and slowly heat up until it reached a critical point where the amount of Fire Chakra was greater than that of Water Chakra.

The consequence: The water began to boil and transformed into vapor which had an about equal mix of Fire and Water Chakra. But how does it return to its original state? Well, on the one hand, Fire Chakra tends to disperse while on the other hand, Water Chakra likes to be contained.

As a result, the Fire Chakra would leave the vapor and return to its surroundings tripping the balance between Fire and Water Chakra in favor of the Water Chakra thus returning the vapor to its original liquid form. This little experiment also confirmed something very important I had learned in the Ninja Academy.

Each Chakra element is naturally weaker than and stronger than another: 

- Fire is strong against Wind but weak against Water. 

- Wind is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire.

- Lightning is strong against Earth but weak against Wind.

- Earth is strong against Water but weak against Lightning.

- Water is strong against Fire but weak against Earth. 

While most of them, like Water being strong against Fire due to its absorbing properties, made sense to me, some didn’t: Why is Wind strong against Lightning? How can Wind Chakra reduce the effect of Lightning Chakra?

Sadly, I couldn’t immediately test it out but luckily, I had a friend called Miyuki who could use the Wind Release so it shouldn’t be a problem. This got me thinking that maybe I also should search for all sorts of Ninjas to study how each Chakra element interacts with its surroundings. 

As I was analyzing my impressive findings, I saw some paper with a simple Fire Fuinjutsu on it in the corner. I had the brilliant idea of seeing how Fuinjutsu worked on an elemental Chakra level. I inserted my Chakra into the Fuinjutsu with anticipation.

The Fuinjutsu received my Chakra and the Chakra siphon began its work of transporting Chakra from one place to another. What amazed me was the fact that the Chakra siphon worked exactly like a pump: It artificially created a Chakra difference in the Fuinjutsu and therefore sucked in the surrounding natural Chakra. 

Then, the natural Chakra began to quickly wander toward the ink grid where it was afterward transported to the Kanji for Fire. This was where things truly got interesting: You see, natural Chakra is basically a natural mix between all elemental Chakras which makes it hard to use.

The natural Chakra inside the Fuinjutsu began to separate into two parts as it came in contact with the Kanji for Fire: One part was Fire Chakra while the other part was the rest of the elemental Chakras which returned to nature, while the Fire Chakra turned into a small flame. 

After the paper burned off, I proceeded to observe myself while using Chakra: The Chakra inside my body was moving through the Chakra Pathway System before turning into an elemental Chakra I had never seen which then turned into Lightning and Water Chakra.

“WATER ROPE JUTSU”

The Water Chakra inside my body left it and transformed into a string of water, while the Lightning Chakra entered the ground and faded away. As I was maintaining my Ninjutsu, more of my Chakra left my body until I was too exhausted to continue.

‘Looks like that the unknown Chakra should be my Storm Release. But how does Chakra even function on a fundamental level? According to what I know, every living being generates their own Chakra and even things that aren’t alive can possess it. Chakra doesn’t have any mass but can easily change the property of its surroundings.’

‘It can interact with everything ranging from heat to electricity to gravity and many more making it practically the fundamental essence of the universe. But it also can be controlled by sentient beings so it also connects metaphysical concepts like a soul with our reality.’

As I was realizing what fundamental discovery I made, my stomach rumbled and looking out of my window, I saw that it was already morning - This was funnily enough my first time pulling an all-nighter.

‘Let’s grab something to eat before continuing.’, I thought but contrary to my plans, I collapsed when I wanted to stand up and move away from my desk. If someone had entered my room, he or she would have seen an exhausted boy peacefully sleeping on the floor with a soft smile. 

OOO

“DISPERSING GALE JUTSU”

Observing the Chakra inside Miyuki turning into Wind Chakra before resulting in a Ninjutsu was, to say the least, fascinating. The resulting gale had her Wind Chakra incorporated and generated a considerable amount of draft.

“That should suffice, shouldn’t it?”, asked Miyuki with a smile.

“Yeah, again thank you for doing this.”, I replied.

“It wasn’t something too bothersome so it was natural that I would grant you your request albeit I don’t quite understand your reasoning.”, politely answered Miyuki.

“Hey, why are you so nice to him, Miyuki?”, whined Haruto from the side while laying on the ground due to coming in contact with a sedative. 

“Unlike you, he didn’t commit a grave mistake in the recent past.”, responded Miyuki with a cold stare. 

“B-but that was weeks ago! Can’t you have some leeway for me? Besides, you liked it, didn’t you?”, desperately pleaded Haruto.

Upon hearing his last sentence Miyuki calmly approached him, crouched down and whispered something into his ears. As I was standing too far away, I couldn’t make out what she was saying to him but judging by Haruto’s blanching expression I would assume that it wasn’t something very nice.

“I understand.”, were the few whispered words Haruto returned. 

Hearing Haruto’s answer Miyuki got up and turned around with a lady-like smile before approaching me. We continued to talk about our first mission that would start tomorrow while Haruto just silently listened to us not daring to emit any sound. 

‘The world is doomed if even Haruto can’t contain Miyuki’s wrath anymore!... Seems like she has some dirt on him. Let’s pray that I won’t get into the situation of enticing Miyuki’s anger.’, I thought with fear while maintaining an amiable smile during my conversation with Miyuki. 

“How about having a meeting after finishing training so that we can together prepare ourselves for the mission?”, I suggested.

“That would be a good idea.”, commented Miyuki.

“Yeah, let’s do this!”, chipped Haruto in like nothing happened.

‘Why is he like Jiraiya? These two just get tankier the more you hit them or poison them. Maybe there is some correlation between getting beaten up and getting tankier. Maybe I should follow this ‘training’ exercise.’, I wondered. 

As I was considering starting this kind of training, Miyuki just gave him a cold glare while hiding most of her face behind a fan which, presumably, was ready to inject some poison into Haruto’s body, should the need rearise.

‘Let’s scrap that training idea. Instead of developing an early case of masochism, I should focus my attention more on things like exploring the art of Fuinjutsu and Ninjutsu while trying to learn to use my Storm Release.’

“How about meeting at Miyuki’s place? My clan’s holding a private meeting today so we can’t exactly enter the clan’s compound.”, proposed Haruto. 

“Sounds good to me. Would that be alright for you, Miyuki?”, I inquired. 

“That would be fine by me.”, acknowledged Miyuki in an indifferent tone but looking closer, I could see her eyes slightly being filled with anxiety but also with anticipation. 

“Then let’s meet in two hours from now, ok?”, I asked. 

“Yes.”, answered Miyuki and Haruto in chorus before looking at each other - Miyuki looked a bit annoyed while Haruto looked amused.

OOO

The Minowa clan’s residence was located on the outskirts of Uzushiogakure where, due to its proximity to a forest, it was isolated from the loud noise of the city. As I approached the compound’s gate, I could see the Minowa clan’s crest: A poisonous white flower.

Stepping closer to the gate I knocked at it and shortly after a black-haired beautiful woman in her twenties opened it: She was an elegant woman who represented the very pinnacle of feminity and being dressed in a luxurious kimono just further outlined her seductive body and especially her ample breasts and hips. 

The addition of light make-up coupled with her symmetrical face and full lips enhanced her image of a goddess descended from heaven - One may even call her the incarnation of the goddess of beauty and art. 

As I was gawking at her body, she gave me a friendly smile before bringing me out of my daydream.

“Oh my, aren’t you a cute one? But your prying gaze is almost making an old lady like me blush.”, she commented with amusement which led to my head transforming to a red tomato.

“E-ehm. I-I am very sorry! I-I apologize”, I stuttered while trying to avoid eye contact. 

“Hm, a young gentleman... I see. These days they have sadly almost entirely disappeared from the surface of the world so to see one should be considered a small miracle. Therefore, I will forgive you.”, added the woman with a teasing smile. 

“S-sorry to bother you but I was supposed to meet a girl called Miyuki Minowa today. Could you please lead me to her?”, I asked while inwardly cursing my inability to talk normally. 

“That would be my pleasure. But first, let me properly introduce myself. I am Masako Minowa, the current head of the prestigious Minowa Clan, and Miyuki’s aunt. On the other hand, you should be, judging by your desire to meet my dear niece, one of her teammates. Takumi Kenjo, I presume?.”

“R-right madam.”

‘WTF?!?!?! This is Miyuki’s aunt?!?!?! How?!?!?!’, I realized in shock. 

“Is it really that surprising?”

Just before nodding to her question, I halted myself in my movement. 

‘Why does she know what I’m thinking? Why am I like an open book to her? Can she read minds?’, I asked myself.

“No, I can’t read your mind.”, she added with a pleasant smile. 

‘...Let’s hope that Miyuki won’t become as terrifying as her.’, I prayed.

Seemingly satisfied with teasing me, Ms. Masako bowed to me before gesturing to enter the clan’s compound. After stepping inside, I followed her as she slowly guided me through the well-maintained front garden which consisted of waist-high hatches and trees clad with yellow and red leaves.

What I noticed after a while, was the unusual lack of other residents or people in general. In addition, several buildings looked to be permanently closed and there was only one that had smoke coming out of its chimney.

“Uhm, not that I want to be rude but why aren’t there more people here?”

Ms. Masako suddenly stopped in her tracks before turning around and looking at me with sad and melancholic eyes. After hesitating for a bit she finally opened her mouth and began to speak in a clear serene voice:

“Like many Ninja clans, the Minowa clan was heavily affected by the Great Ninja War. Many of its members, including my father, the previous clan head, and my brother, died while trying to defend their village.”

“This has reduced us to a handful of members until only two of us remained. Now, only a loyal servant, Miyuki and me live in the once lively clan compound... I fear that soon the Minowa clan will join the ranks of the countless clans of the past.”

“But let’s move on to more jovial matters. I heard that you have planned to meet before your first official mission as Genins. If you need any help, feel free to come to me for guidance.”, she finished explaining with a sorrowful smile.

Nodding at her I continued to follow her until we reached the sole inhabited building. Compared to the surrounding empty buildings it was quite smaller but judging by its architectural style it was the oldest.

When we together entered the building, I could see two Chakra silhouettes behind a wall - Having Chakra-sensing eyes really was a cheat as it practically gave you a limited version of x-ray vision and sonar. While I was pulling off my sandals, I could see the two silhouettes coming toward us before sliding the door open.

“Nice to see you, Takumi!”, greeted Haruto in his usual motivated state.

“Welcome to the Minowa clan’s residence.”, welcomed Miyuki while bowing. 

“Miyuki dear, why didn’t you tell me that your second teammate was such a cute boy? It’s really unfair towards other Genin Teams when only your team has the cute boys.”, asked Ms. Masako with a teasing grin. Her earlier melancholic mood seemed to have disappeared.

Hearing her aunt’s question Miyuki remained composed before replying:

“The assignment of Genins to a team is coordinated by the village which carefully evaluates each Genin Team’s composition. As luck may have it, Takumi was assigned to our team last minute due to him being the first official member of the Konohagakure-Uzuhsiogakure student exchange program.”

“Oh my, you have grown a lot Miyuki, haven’t you? It just feels like yesterday, when you were only a cute little girl who innocently asked me to sleep together in one bed. Ah, this reminds me of the one time when you were awkwardly standing in front of the Uzumaki clan’s compound because you wanted to meet Haruto and pl-”

“Enough.”, interrupted Miyuki with a slight blush.

“Well, let’s leave that aside. May I prepare some refreshments for you? I can vouch for the quality of our clan’s homemade tea and together with some sweets it will make a great experience.”, suggested Ms. Masako who didn’t mind Miyuki’s rude interruption.

“That would be awesome!.”, said Haruto in excitement.

“If it doesn’t inconvenience you too much, I would gladly take you on the offer.”, I politely replied.

“Please prepare a share for me as well.”, responded Miyuki with a smiling face.

Having heard our replies Ms. Masako slightly nodded at us before quietly exiting the room. 

CLICK

“Now, let’s start our meeting.”, proposed Miyuki to which Haruto and I nodded in agreement. 

OOO

“Honestly, that’s quite smart.”, I commented as Haruto was demonstrating the usage of a storage scroll: It didn’t come to my mind that, due to the Uzumaki clan’s affinity for Fuinjutsu, Uzushiogakure had a healthy surplus of storage scrolls - Something every Ninja village greatly envied as it drastically simplified the logistics.

“You can almost store anything inside it besides living things and other storage scrolls. Storing food inside it also has the additional advantage of having a longer storage time before the food expires. Coupled with the reduced weight and volume a storage scroll is rightfully the best storage option a Ninja has.”, proudly explained Haruto to us. 

“How many storage scrolls should we take with us for the mission?”, asked Miyuki with interest.

“Well, I can supply us with a dozen or so of medium or small storage scrolls. The amount shouldn’t be a problem. According to some of my clan’s members, an adult Ninja should take between 3-5 small storage scrolls or alternatively one medium-sized. But we’re only kids so we should only take one or two of the smaller ones as the additional weight would be quite strenuous for our bodies.”

“That’s just great!”, I exclaimed before we then proceeded to pack our things:

First, we stored each of our camping equipment inside a scroll. This included a small bedroll, cooking utensils, food rations and medical supplies. In the second one, we stored our Ninja equipment ranging from dozens of Kunais to Shuriken to Ninja wire and backup uniforms. This was especially handy for Miyuki as she could carry a lot of Senbons and poisons.

Unlike Miyuki and Haruto, I would take an extra third storage scroll with me containing all the necessary materials for practicing Fuinjutsu. It was decided that I would carry the storage scroll because only Haruto and I practiced Fuinjutsu and due to Haruto’s position as a melee fighter, he couldn’t afford to sacrifice too much of his agility. 

After we finished packing our equipment, we took out our Ninja gear and wore them: In contrast to Miyuki and Haruto who wore their clan’s Ninja gear, I wore a modified version of the standard equipment of an Uzushiogakure Ninja.

I stripped off the standard uniform’s bulky shoulder pats and generally made the uniform lighter while making sure that my body’s vital areas were adequately protected. When I showed it to Mr. Gin he was impressed after carefully inspecting it: Its lightweight and retained defensive capabilities were especially noteworthy. Because I modeled it after Konoha’s future ANBU uniform, I looked like a mini ANBU operative. 

On the other hand, Miyuki and Haruto wore robes which were made out of strong fibers reinforced with Fuinjutsu seals and metal plates placed on top of the body’s vital parts. While I looked like a mini ANBU operative, they looked like dangerous cult members.

“Let’s practice our team formation outside: As usual, Haruto should take the melee’s position while Miyuki acts as support. I’ll then try to be the connecting middle axis.”, I suggested after we finished dressing up.

“But man! We’ve at least practiced it hundreds of times for the last few weeks!”, complained Haruto.

“But one more time can’t bring any harm, right? Besides, we can use this to test our storage scrolls.”, I argued. 

“I agree with Takumi. Additional practice is always beneficial.”, voiced Miyuki. 

“Urgh... Why are both of you training maniacs?!?!? Can’t you, like, relax a bit?”, whined Haruto in resignation.

“Funny that this comes from you. Being a Fuinjutsu fanatic your pleading doesn’t sound very convincing if looking at Fuinjutsu scrolls at every possible moment isn’t any indication of lunacy.”, pointed out Miyuki with a sly grin. 

“Man! That was just the first day after I unlocked my Chakra siphon! I was a bit excited, ok? I wa-”

CLICK

“Here, I have finished preparing your refreshments.”, announced Ms. Masako after opening the door.

‘Well, seems like you have been freed from your predicament, Haruto.’, I thought after receiving a teacup from Ms. Masako and thanking her. 

‘Mmm. The tea is quite good. It has a nice flowery fragrance.’

“That’s a really nice cup of tea, Ms. Misako. May I ask what kind of tea leaves were used for it?”

“Certainly. The main ingredient comes from a special flower in our garden. If you want, I would be more than happy to give you a small portion of this tea blend.”

“Please do.”

After Ms. Masako finished serving each of us, she once more left the room promising to get the tea blend. As I was enjoying the calming tea with closed eyes, I could hear Haruto approaching me with loud steps.

“How can you be so calm and speak eloquently while talking with Miyuki’s aunt? She’s scary as hell! Doesn’t it feel unnerving when she guesses your thoughts? right Sh-”, revealed Haruto before stopping mid-sentence.

“Haruto, haven’t I already told you to not call her a scary person?”, ordered Miyuki with a cold voice and fake smile while stabbing him with a small Senbon at an acupuncture point. Hearing Miyuki Haruto simply just nodded before getting released from Miyuki’s non-lethal silencing technique.

‘F*ck! Haruto, why are you stepping on her landmines as soon you stay with her?!?!? Has is it been this case even before I arrived in Uzushiogakure?’

“Don’t worry. I don’t think that your aunt is a bad person and besides, I know that you greatly admire her. And I can’t really hate someone you admire, right?”, responded Haruto instantly defusing the landmine.

“You have quite the glib tongue, haven’t you? Fine, I don’t think that you are lying so I accept your apology.”, accepted Miyuki while her face blushed a bit upon hearing Haruto’s earnest words. 

As Haruto said his words, I was again amazed at the maturity of the children in the Naruto universe during the Sannin era: Here, it wasn’t uncommon for civilian 13-year-old children to marry and pre-pubescent Genins felt more like teenagers than children. 

‘Well, it doesn’t really matter. Soon, we’re going to kill grown men desperately crying for their lives so having a crush on someone this early isn’t that remarkable.’, I grimly thought while watching my two teammates living the childhood friend life. 

‘At least I’ve got great comrades.’

9