=== Chapter 7 [Band]
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=== Chapter 7 [Band]

 

It was hot outside, not only due war taking its tall, but also in temperature. I, WRose and Titania were sitting on a blanket, in the beach area of Maremoda. More or less it was our usual pattern, but then we overheard a conversation.

 

[Hey hey, did you read the news today? It seems they are trying that again.]

 

[But that don't you mean... the Net Neutrality thing?]

 

[Yea, it's been like on and off for years now. They should just give it up already.]

 

[I know right? Each time I really get worried but the end it the people's votes come through.

Also I have been wondering about it lately... was there more or less votes each year?]

 

[I have... no idea actually. I wonder how one would check that...]

 

I wouldn't know either—I'm more into science than humanities. If I were to say anything, I recently heard people talking more and more about the real world, even more than the virtual one. It's strange how we also, albeit in a very strange and unpredictable fashion, were affected.

 

[So did you guys think about Wolf said about “that”? It can't escape my mind that we live in such a world...

In any case, I betcha that little boy knew something too, right? It can't be all coincidence, right?]

 

As usual, we had our morning hello and how-are-ya, before Wolf would actually login. He probably has work, I thought, but then again we didn't know a lot about him. That's fine with me though, I had friends who didn't talk about real life a lot, and it was better not speak about it with them.

 

[To think about it, Tania, it was probably unlikely circumstances that we met at all.

I mean... I might be probably over-thinking things again, but I... I'm really glad to have...]

 

To have met you all, is what WRose was trying to say, with wiping her tear from her eye. Not being the best to talk person myself, I'm glad that at least she feels that way too. Although I will never know for sure what she is thinking, I wonder if she still likes Wolf?

 

[Of course we are friends, WRose. You can always talk to me about anything,

even the smallest worry would be fine. Maybe I won't be able to fully help you,

but you can help yourself more than you think... that's what I at least I believe in...]

 

Saying so, I also really meant it. I know from my experience, if you don't hold onto something, if you don't even your trust your friends, you are just going anchor yourself within a cycle of regret. Becoming nothing but a person who repeats their protocol each day... that's what I fear the most.

 

[Hey, guys this kinda got serious all of the sudden right? Take a chill pill, please.

We shouldn't be so down when there are so many things to look forward for right?]

 

Titania said so, but she didn't really have a good read on the current mood. In truth, me and WRose was looking at somewhere else, at the people who were talking about real world stuff. We were both concerned, about ourselves and the future of our world. That's what I could tell at least.

 

[Those sad faces of yours... really guys?

Something like that shouldn't really matter,

you have to push forward, that's the only answer!]

 

At this point we turned our faces at each other. Sitting down on the blanket, in the seiza position, in front of me there was a little girl wearing white. Her green eyes, albeit a little dry now. She was looking to me as if I had the answer. The same look as my ex was giving me, when she was troubled...

 

[What I'm saying is that... well we should all like do something for fun!]

 

Saying so, the blond haired girl stood up and raised her hand energetically, cheering us up. Yea, I do agree with her, she might be right about us just being lost in thought and sulking. A little bit of fun from time to time... should be fine right? I mean other than hunting monsters...

 

[Yes, Tania, I will gladly listen to your suggestion.]

 

Bowing, still in her sitting position, the girl besides me acknowledged the notion.

 

[Right, how about... I heard there is a lot of things people created in with world,

like actual entertainment things, apart from restaurants and shops that is. Hey,

since we are already at the beach, how about we play beach ball or something?]

 

She was indeed correct, people of this world created their own games, or so I have heard. There were also people who performed, like dancers and singers. If anything, I think it would be kinda similar to the VR games I used to play.

 

[That does sound fun Titania, kinda like old times too.

Sure, I agree, we should at least try some of the stuff.

If anything, it would be something else than the usual, which is always nice.]

 

[That's the spirit Daki! Although you are a guy, we could have like all-girl outing!

Wouldn't that be great huh? We are going to wear swimsuit and all, just like a vacation!]

 

I do seem to have said one thing too many, but that's okay. I used to have different avatars, both male and female in the VR games I used to play. I don't mind roleplaying either.

 

[Swimsuits... okay Tania, but I think I would need to find one that is fitting for me first...

It might take time... so I guess I will meet you at this place again? I will be looking forward...]

 

Albeit a little fretted at the idea, WRose also wanted to participate. That also reminds me, I should be looking for a swimsuit as well. Maybe I should ask Titania for advice about that...

 

[Yea, we can totally buy our swimsuits together Rosie, don't worry about that.]

 

[No... I'm fine alone. I will be meeting your all later...]

 

Saying so, the white wearing girl left, leaving me and Titania behind. I wanted to chase after her but...

 

[Hey Daki, you said that it’s better to leave her matters to herself right? Maybe she’s meeting friends or something...

I mean I'm going to invite my boyfriend too, so you are going to help me get a swimsuit right?

Don't worry, we are both girls so it's okay right? Ehehe~ come here for a gurl hug!]

 

And so once again I was caught in the arms of my older sister Titania. I hope my other sister is okay...

 

===

 

Sway-sway, the wind blows slowly, gently touching the white pedal skirt with flowery design.

Chirp-chirp, the little bird that gathered on the roof, tickled the innocent ears with their song.

Shh-shh, the hot sand beneath quietly polished the tiny shoes as they tread through the beach.  

 

The little girl, alone, was about to go on an adventure without a clear destination or purpose. Every time she would have hear those words, every time someone tried to convince her otherwise, there was only pain in her brittle chest. If there was only person who could help her, who he was?

 

There was a door, there was a window display and there was dressed mannequin in a one-piece swimwear. It's curves, plainly discernible and emphasized, were emblazoning a perfect hourglass figure on hips, on the low neckline on a fully developed chest, and on the rounded and stiff rump. This was a swimsuit shop.

 

[Welcome miss, what can we do for you on this fine day?]

 

Startled by the sudden greeting of the clerk, the petite curious lass took a small step back at first, but then remembered something that was once said to her: "Things can change for the better" and "Only you can change who you actually are". Those words in particular felt precious to her.

 

For a single step back, the white miss maiden took two steps forward, as if pushed by an invisible hand. She played a Priest now, not the Wizard archetype. That was her decision, and if she was to take it back...Well, things would return to how they were, to days without meaning. That darkness followed her like a shadow.

 

But with her newly gained courage, with her newly found hope and a promise that everything is within her minuscule fingers, she firmly grips the hand railing and step by step climbs the staircase. Even though, it was only three steps, it probably felt like a thousand for her fragile body and mind. That’s the path she chose to walk, out of her own will.

 

[Good day to you, I would like to buy a swimsuit for myself.

I'm... looking for something simple, not too showy but conformable.

And... well if it would be okay... I would also want to ask for your opinion.]

 

[Certainly, I shall give you miss our selection right here, on this pamphlet.

You are free to choose any design and colour in our dressing rooms over there.]

 

A large selection of various types of swimsuits, accessories and flip-flops were laid bare. Left and right brimming with colourful designs and flexible material, the selection was enormous. It amazed the white wearing girl, as if she could spend all of her time trying each and everyone.

 

However, she wouldn't be able to take them all to her home—she has to set her mind on the one that fits her most. What would be her choice in the end? Would she be satisfied with what she brought? Was she perhaps… embarrassed how others would react to the extent that she wouldn’t be able make a selection at all?

 

However, those things were not what the girl was thinking. Gawkily she entered the dressing room, a mirror was to her face. In the reflection, a tiny lady was looking at her, making a similar expression. She traced her finger on the glass, and then on herself. They were both wearing the same swimsuit she brought from the display. But they were different.

 

[This is... I should be able to change the settings if I touch it.]

 

However, touching it was painful for her little fingers. With each flick, with each drag and drop, the girl felt as she was not touching the reflection, but her unclothed skin. Pulling her straps up, adjusting and stretching her behind, the swimsuit undoubtedly fit the avatar that was there...

 

[This is... Am I really doing this?]

 

The basic one piece she brought had options for customization, various designs and colours, you were able to pick freely, and that was just this one model. The freedom of selection was impressive. On the other side of the mirror, the girl stood with her foot uneasy and her face down embarrassed.

 

[This is... I can change everything... but my body?]

 

After a minute of self-adjustment, the fretted girl left the dressing room, with her clothes returning to normal. She didn't want to make a purchase just yet, she didn't want to become the image she saw in the mirror. Was she not confident in herself? Was she lacking the encouragement from her friend? No... that was not the case.

 

Fluff-fluff, the clouds were dancing in the far distance, giving shade to the city that was exhausted from the heat.

Swish-swish, the waves collided with the coast, leaving a white bubbling foam that quickly disappeared in the sand.

Sway-Sway, the bloomed flowers waved silently in the distance, knowing naught about the troubles of developing.

 

When is going to be your time to bloom, little girl? Will you ever become a flower yourself?

Even if you bloom once per moon, all it takes one night. Come oh night, and grant my wish...

 

===

 

[Heya, you must be... that girl who were interested in animal ears right?

I'm Hina, nice to meet you again. By the way, what’s your name? *wiggle*]

 

[Yes... in a sense... but not right now. I was looking for a swimsuit but you know...

Well let's say was overwhelmed by the selection of the boutiques around there...

I mean, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm WRose, It's a pleasure.]

 

The little girl, albeit being in a state of trance, awoke from her stupor thanks to the fox girl. In fact, the fox girl herself was wearing her usual outfit today, an orange yukata with a hair piece. She was quite the attentive little beast, who was able not only to stop by the girl sitting alone on a staircase, but also had remembered their previous meeting. Both girls grasped each other's hands in a greeting.

 

[Say, is Rose fine then? I shouldn't be asking this, but I have seen you in town lately,

did you move in or something? Hey, I can show you around if you want, I know a lot of...]

 

[I didn’t really, we just always end up of late. It’s pretty nice don’t you think?

We kinda made this town our base of operations. However, today we are having a party...]

 

[A beach party? That's really cool! I always love those kind of things,

you know... smashing the watermelon for no good reason *Giggle*.]

 

Their girlly talk lasted a little after that, discussing various topics on how to spend time on the beach. Both were smiling and enjoying their time with each other. However, then something have changed the mood.

 

[Say, when you think about beach, the first thing that in your mind... must be swimsuits right?

I must say that in Maremoda there is not a single person who would say otherwise. *Wiggle wiggle*]

 

[Yes... I can imagine that would the case. When I think about the beach...

I just want to relax, buried in the sand. That's fine too, right?]

 

But the Japanese looking girl didn't bite that bait. Rather, looking concerned, grabbed the other's girl hand, and pulled her up to a standing position. At that moment the white wearing girl released a small ahh from her lungs. With her entire body heating up, she felt as if her entirety was lifted, as if she was put under the shaman girl’s sorcery. 

 

[Hey, don't be so down just because you didn't find what you wanted right away.

Here, I can show you around. Fashion for a girl is like water for a fish. *wink wink*

A Fish can't live without water, hence the name Maremoda, which means ocean fashion.]

 

Both girls were now holding hands, and though even a little sluggish, moved up the stairs. The steps of the shyer one was slower, stumbling occasionally as they were running through the alley. You had to be its resident to know this maze-like town well.

 

[Here, this is what I have been thinking for you. There is a lot of cutesy designs here.

Also, don't worry about the price, you might be thinking it’s a rip-off but I will get you a discount.]

 

[Right... it is certainly like you say, all the models are quite small.

Yea I can understand why you would take me to this place now.]

 

Indeed, as both of the girls were of the shorter kind, it was obvious now. There was also a particular air in the shop itself, a scent of purity. Everything was either in bright colours or had a cutesy design with frills.

 

[I know right? I was dumbfounded when I first discovered this place too,

it's amazing right? Hey, let me try something on you first, then tell me if you like it.]

 

It was the same situation as the girl was before, but now she was the model. The fox girl, running back and forward, carried the clothes for the other to try on, while the other girl was waiting for her in the dressing room. Because of the curtains, only the one inside could see herself in the mirror. Unfortunately...

 

[This is cute and all... but I'm not sure about this midriff. It's a little...

revealing so to speak. Could you find me something with more coverage?]

 

[Ha, I'm not asking you to wear a micro or something, this is fine.

Come on, you gotta show it to me first. I'm doing the work here, you know?]

 

The girl knew that was true, she was just sitting in the changing room without showing off to the other girl. It was unfair that for the helper, she wasn't getting anything from it. Thus, albeit reluctantly, the lass slowly opened the curtain, desperately holding onto it and still hiding half of her body.

 

[Hey, don't be shy here, it's just a changing room.

I can't actually see you naked, or anything. *giggle*]

 

The fox girl, with surprising dexterity, pulled the curtain from the other's girl hand.

 

[Oh I see, this looks fine and all, but doesn't fit your hair style, I guess?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do anything but buy a sun hat for that.]

 

The petite girl covered her parts, while fidgeting slightly. Even with the calming words from before, she felt naked on the outside. Was this really so embarrassing for her that she could stand still?

 

*Tap...tap...*

 

[Yea... I sure need a big one... Um...

Well I think... that one... or maybe...]

 

The shy girl, losing her grip on her lips, leaked broken words left and right. It was as if her lungs were cluttered with things that were there for a long time.

 

*Tap... tap tap*

 

[I see... I'm sorry, I seem to understand the problem now.

You are just a little shy about your own body, right?

I could tell from the start but... I won’t say anything further okay?]

 

The fragile miss stood still, her hands lost motion, her green eyes lost brightness, her breathing stopped. It was as if she became a doll, like a mannequin from the display.

 

[Right, sorry. I have said too much right? Upsie, tehehe~]

 

With making a goofy face the talkative wanted tried to cheer her friend up. However, that didn’t work with intended result.

 

[No... you are right... let me explain.]

 

Only her mouth was moving mechanically, up and down, just like a mouth of a puppet. Her delicate hands were trembling, but they were stabilized by the fox girl, who squatted down and gripped the anxious girl by her wrist firmly.  

 

[I met a boy in this game, he was really pretty and I wanted him to make him my man.

I walked around him, did dungeon and talked, but no matter what, he just saw me as a player.

In that situation I would have normally given up, but there is a reason to why I’m still with him.]

 

So he could make me into his girl.

 

[It’s because a friend told me that no matter what others say, it is important who you think you are.

Thanks to that, I realized was that I never really truly wanted to change him, but to change myself.

As long as he accepts me as a girl I would become happy, that’s the dependency I had established for myself.]

 

But even then, you can't go against the truth, you can only create a lie within yourself.

 

[Hey, you want my advice right?

Rose, I'm honestly at a loss here,

but considering your swimsuit problem,

I can at least help you fix that right?]

 

The girl nodded, and without tension, sat down on the chair in the dressing room. The other girl released her clutching, and slowly stood up, retracting her hands. Even thought that created distance between the two, the yukata wearing girl wanted to be of help.

 

[It doesn't matter what your body type, your height,

how much makeup you wear, or how big your boobs are.

If you let others tell you who you are and what you like,

if you don't choose for yourself, others will choose for you.

That's why you can't decide on your own swimsuit, I think...

In any case, now that you feel better, want to try picking something by yourself?]

 

Even if it’s wrong, even if you have to go against the world, if you don't choose for yourself, you are going to lose your own identity. Without the confidence to wear your own clothes, your own skin, you won't be able to express yourself, leading to misunderstandings. So from here on now...

 

[Hey this looks cute right? I think this might go with that...

Yea what do you think about this look? Is it cute or what?]

 

[Yea totally, Rose! You look so stylish and cute I would totally date you!

By the way, I won’t tell anyone you are using a voice changer *wink*.]

 

 The fox girl expressed with a little mischievous smile, making the other girl blush a little.

 

[Sure… it’s not a voice changer though…]

 

[Right right, ehehe~ *pet pet*]

 

For the first time timid girl smiled truly, even after being petted and pampered like a little girl.

 

===

 

[So here is the situation guys, I met with Hina during shopping and she said that...

Well apparently she wants us to do something, so I think there might be a change of plans.]

 

WRose, returning with successfully from her shopping trip, started talking about her meeting with Hina. Wolf also logged in quite recently, and he confirmed he had trunks, so he was okay. As for me and Titania, we also brought our swimsuits, and met up with her boyfriend. Everyone was ready.

 

[With the help of the devs, Hina said she was a part of a project they were trying to program into the game,

namely swimming. Currently, they are testing if whenever they could recreate the experience with Synapse.

However... to do that they need volunteers to see how well they can adjust it. Coincidently, that's not all...]

 

Swimming in VR does sound interesting, albeit difficult to recreate. I was looking forward to it, when suddenly Hina, who was almost the same size as WRose, appeared from behind of her.

 

[Today you guys are going to visit the test site for our Mermaid city theme park! *clap clap*

Meaning that swimsuits are a must, although they don't need to actually be functional and all.

What matters is, you should lay down on something very soft and relax. That's what devs told me.]

 

[Wow, actually swimming in VR? Mermaid city? That sounds a lot of fun really.]

 

Titania, who exploded her excitement, almost hit me with her hands. Luckily, I evaded just in time. That comes from the experience of playing as a Marksman.

 

[No, no actual swimming! If you go to a bathtub it's only going to be worse!

A bed is fine. If you feel that it's too rigid, just bring extra pillows.

Okay then, are you guys ready for our school trip? I'm going to open the portal.]

 

And with a step into Hina's portal, we found ourselves in a tiny room full of lockers. The fact she said school trip was quite fitting, because this place felt a little bit nostalgic. I mean it was ages since I saw a locker room like that, but this was also... a completely new experience in a sense.

 

[This is the changing room, the devs made it so it wouldn't be awkward.

In any case, please go and change, I will be waiting outside for you all.]

 

Thus, leaving our party alone, we all went to the changing rooms. Even though were segmented by gender, there was no reason to do that. That is because changing clothes had a certain, quite convenient, animation that prevents anyone from seeing anything.

 

[Hey daki, hurry up and show your swimsuit to WRose!

I bet she’s been waiting for that all day, right?]

 

[But...]

 

Before even Titania could finish, she dragged me into the changing room with her. There was only the three of us girls there, so I did feel a little awkward. As for WRose, she wasn't even looking in my direction, so I didn’t knew if she was truly that interested.

 

Instead went to one of the lockers and initiated the changing animation. A curtain enveloped her and then...She appeared before us wearing an old fashioned swimsuit with an unzipped parka and a straw hat. All had light coloured flowery design.

 

[Look good, WRose! I like the hat the most.]

 

We also decided to change into our swimsuits. Titania's choice was a purple and pastel yellow halter top with matching bottoms, and a small white cloth that was tied around her waist. She also wore a shellfish hair band for her ponytail.

 

[I appreciate the compliment Tania, it was mostly Hina who suggested it.]

 

As for myself, I was wearing a white bandeau one piece, although I would have been okay with something that had shorts. The problem was that Titania argued against it so I was had to comply.

 

[Hey, you don't look too shabby yourself Darku. You really don't mind playing a girl huh?

Anyway, thanks to me, you look pretty cute. Just tell me if you want to do girly shopping again.]

 

Titania giggled as she turned towards the exit. It was a good moment now, to lie down on the bed, as Hina mentioned. I just hope that everyone had their controllers in hands, or else it would be quite difficult to control your character. Anyway, the door...

 

[Welcome to Mermaid city! *waggle waggle* This is only temporary,

since we can't really have AIs here at the moment, so I will be your guide.]

 

[Right... *waggle waggle* A very merry welcome from the Mermaid girls...]

 

We entered an entire world that was submerged into the ocean. No glass or air bubbles, we were completely underwater and able to breathe normally. On top of that, I felt like floating, like something gently holding the weight of my body. Even if I played a lot VR games, this was a first for me.

 

[Wow! This actually feels like swimming! I'm floating and everything!

When you move your hand or leg, you actually feel resistance too!]

 

They say you shouldn't eat before going into the water, but even if I didn't, I felt like there were butterflies in my stomach...Well it is really strange and all, but I eventually got used to it. I'm really glad technology has evolved this much.

 

[So sweetheart, this is the sea right?]

 

[You bet Robie! *hug*]

 

Wolf and Roberto, aka Titania's boyfriend, were here too now. Wolf, not surprisingly, was wearing just trunks, Roberto had a rash guard.

 

[This is... quite amazing, don't you think Wolf?]

 

[Yea... I guess so.]

 

The two love birds there said those words to each other. As for me…well I could say I didn't find myself in a quite favourable position.

 

[Everyone, thanks for coming again, I need however to tell you a few things now.

At the current development, testing and stuff, there is a boundary you can't swim past.

Nevertheless, the devs also asked us what kind of things we are expecting to do underwater.]

 

[It was her idea to make... mermaid outfits *wiggle wiggle*. You can feel like a real fish now.]

 

[Also by “we” I mean a lot of people who did their work here. Please look over there.]

 

In the nearby vicinity, between an underwater ravine, there was something like a theme park. Various stalls, shops, lamps and shell-like benches were hanging from moss-like ropes that stretched between each wall. The park clearly took advantage from the 3d space, quite impressive from a technical standpoint.

 

[This is Mermaid city, the reason why you are all here today. It looks amazing doesn't it?

We have an octopus ferris wheel, a reef themed escape room, a hounded ghost ship full of surprises,

a gayer powered slide, underwater hot springs, and we are also building a zorb ball roller coaster.]

 

[Yea... my favourite attraction is the sea food... I can't enjoy being a mermaid on an empty stomach...]

 

[That's right, my sister only helps here,

but if you guys want to turn into mermaids too...

I can arrange something maybe? *waggle waggle*]

 

People were not exactly sure what that would entail, my guess was working here?

 

[In any case, can we go now?]

 

Titania impatiently got of her leash. She was responded with a nod, and then we were off to different directions.

 

===

 

Of course, I was the odd man out, I wanted to ask Hina or Pina to tag along as well but...

 

[Sorry, we only greet visitors here, and by that I mean we have other stuff to do.]

 

[Yea... other stuff that might or might not involve... petting.]

 

It didn't work out. I also tried to ask others if they were willing to go as a group...But before I was able to catch anyone, they all left. Quite frankly, theme parks are not fun alone.

 

[Hey... I said I wanna go to the ghost ship, were you listening?]

 

As I was wandering about, by pure coincidence I heard a voice of a girl from quite far away. I also guess that they didn't yet program the voice to work differently underwater.

 

[Yes, sweetheart, you said maybe we can go to the ghost ship after this,

but you also said, we should go check the ferris wheel next before we entered the escape room.]

 

That sounds quite puzzling indeed—even my old girlfriend wouldn't be this fickle. In any case, it seems that I will be tagging along this time as well.

 

[Oh my god, have I really said that? Well sorry then,

but I still wanna go to the ghost house. How about you?]

 

[It's fine, just don't be too scared and jump into my arms.

If you hold jump you are going to fly into the air and discover a new speedrun tech.]

 

[Haha... very funny. If you jump, I hope you hit the ceiling.]

 

They were doing very well in fact, I was surprised really. Rather than a quarrel, it sounded like a very much civilized joke, they were smiling and all.

 

[Okay, I guess I'm going to get the tickets. It’s a part of the test, so they cost nothing.]

 

Suddenly, as Roberto left her girlfriend alone, she turned her head towards me.

 

[Hey there gurl, how is your date? By that I mean, sure I don't mind you behind us,

but don't do anything funny okay? I'm not mad—just want to talk with him about something.]

 

[Right, I will be around. Also touche...]

 

You are right Titania, I didn't bring my boyfriend today, and by boyfriend I mean...Well let's just say that my partner is quite busy lately and we don't have time for each other.

 

[He's coming back, go hide or something.]

 

Whispering, the blond girl pushed me away and now I was hiding behind a food stall.

 

[Here are the tickets sweetheart. Let's go, I don't know how much time I have still until...]

 

[Yea, don't worry about that, take a day off or something.]

 

Shrugged, the boy took Titania by her hand and they entered the ghost ship. It was quite a big one, and tall. However, I didn't need to enter it myself, as I could hear their voices from outside clearly. That is probably why this was still a test area, but that also allowed to eavesdrop on their conversation...

 

[So you are saying that being a hero is something you dream about?

You are certainly quite brave fighting all the ghosts and sea creates here,

but I think you are taking this too seriously sweetheart, this is just an attraction.]

 

[No, you are wrong! I do this exactly because this is an attraction—this is how I have fun.

Like there are all those dangers lurking and only you can defend your loved and save the world!

Maybe... leave out saving the world, but more or less this is fun! You should try it yourself, darling.]

 

[Like stand in front of someone, kick open doors and attack every single moving thing?]

 

Yea... he is right, that sounds a little bit violent, maybe she could calm down a little? In any case, I should assume she also wanted me to hear those words... from pity perhaps?

 

[Heroes are like people who can do what others can't, that is why I want to become one.

You know me, I'm not good at pretty much everything, even if try. But that's all I do,

and it frustrates me. You understand that right? Why I wish I was... someone special?]

 

[Hey, don't cry now. I already promised I am going to protect us both.]

 

[Jeez, I’m not crying!]

 

And then, a brief awkward silence.

 

[Okay. Anyway, even if things are not always like you want them, I'm there for you sweetheart.]

 

And then, even more awkward silence... I do understand what he was trying to say, but there is another problem. When you consider the feelings of another, you can't literally say “I'm going to fix problems for you”. Now I kinda understand why Titania asked me to do this... she felt the same like I did with my ex.

 

But that reminds me...I never talked about that with them huh? I wonder what is her read on me, really?

 

===

 

Sitting alone on the bench, a man in his trunks only, the well renown Wolf, who actually has fans. Well, just one at the moment, but I haven’t seen that guy lately. I wonder what he’s up to.

 

[Hey Wolf, are you having fun? Do you know where WRose went?]

 

Say so, I was trying to be as sarcastic as I could be. The obvious cue was that I wasn't having any fun myself, but it also couldn't be helped. In any case, there was still something important we had to talk with Wolf.

 

[Sorry for waiting... oh Darku is here too? I'm sorry we are doing this to you...]

 

[But it's fine, I walked around and found something to do.]

 

Without a certain tone in my voice I replied, and as soon as I did, one more person visited us.

 

[Well, Robie had to leave, he has work tomorrow... But anyway guys!

From now, we can all enjoy our time together right? Is that okay Wolf?]

 

[Sure... I don't usually have fun like this.]

 

[That's fine, I wanted to talk about something we discussed this morning,

and you should be a part of it. Are you all okay if I spoke about that to Wolf?]

 

Just as WRose suggested that we should talk about “it”, everyone faces grew more serious. We all knew what it was, looking at each other, and then nodded to confirm our intentions. Above was there was a small lamp post that had a sea create which shrouded us in circle of light.

 

[So listen to this... today I received a message from Lunar in the other world. By that I mean,

when I woke up there was a single ring on my door. As I opened it, a piece of paper flew into my hands.

It was a picture of us, looking at the whirlpool which was on the lake. The same situation from before...]

 

WRose said, getting everyone’s attention. I recall that Titania was talking about this, but I don't know why someone would...

 

[It must have been Lunar, right Wolf? Only we saw it,

and even we took out screenshots... She would know right?]

 

[Yes, there is no doubt.]

 

[Then, as for me, I also received a message like this, it was in my locker at school.]

 

Spoke Titania. Wolf was thinking for a while, and I was as well. I just had to confirm one thing...

 

[Hey, about this moon thing, can you tell me what was on the screenshots you took?]

 

[The screenshots we took showed just the moon reflection, the one we received had the whirlpool.

If I recall correctly, Wolf said that was Synapse who made us see that, but now I'm not sure...]

 

[Perhaps you are right WRose, but we need to examine the facts. My idea would be that Lunar,

who wants to particularly contact us for a certain reason, attempts to tell us something very important.

You know how at the same time when the war in the other world started, there was an outbreak here as well?]

 

You don't think that... But that was not only me, others jaws also dropped when Wolf made that statement.

 

[Yes, thank to Lunar, we might be the only ones which actually see that the two worlds are connected...]

0