ARC 2-Summoner’s Revenge-Part 24
7.8k 13 326
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like I thought, we broke the bed. Stupid mattress is too small for this humongous body of mine anyway. Stretched out, my feet hang off the end of it and the covers are too short to cover me completely.

Kierra is unconcerned. Sprawled out over my broad chest, she’s wearing a messy grin as she drifts through dreamland without a care in the world. It’s a rare thing for me to wake up before her. I’d normally be eager to get moving after waking up, but after last night, I’m not in a rush to do anything. And it’s not bad watching her sleep for once. It’s a rare thing to see her completely relaxed and unguarded.

“Good morning, Lou.”

I turn my head to see Geneva still in her chair. Fen is still at her feet though she is considerably calmer. Have those two been awake all night? I try to ask but all that comes out is “Grrrooink”. Ah, forgot I’m a troll.

“I can understand you.”

“Arrf?” She speaks troll?

“Mental affinity. For me, your surface thoughts are practically being broadcasted. It’s the same as listening to you speak with my ears.”

Useful. Slightly unsettling, but useful.

“I knew you were something incredible Lou but I didn’t expect you’d have the same ability as high-level succubi. Taking the form of another creature. Are you even human?”

She chuckles to herself. I’ve been asking myself that same question. My shapeshifting ability is one of the main reasons I wanted to form a contract with a succubus, besides my revenge.

“Shapeshifting is a common ability amongst planewalkers. After all, it’s easier to put a summoner at ease when you can take a familiar form. The rules of it are the same amongst them. Changing your own form within the confines of your species requires a strong understanding of the physical affinity. Completely changing your form requires an incredibly high understanding of both the physical and water affinity, but that is physically. Adopting that race’s attributes entirely requires physical, water, and the celestial affinity.

“It took me several centuries to master my own abilities. No offense meant my summoner, but someone with your low coefficient and clear inexperience with casting shouldn’t be able to pull off such a flawless transformation, especially so quickly. But you seem to be able to do it instinctively…”

The question in her tone is obvious. I’ve been having similar thoughts. It’s a mystery we’re going to explore together. As I thought, Geneva was a great choice.

“I do love a good mystery. You are full of surprises, Lou. Even your wife. An elf with a troll fetish. I’ve lived a long time but I’ve never seen it. She’s more enthusiastic than most. Truly amusing.”

She chuckles. I try to laugh with her but it comes out as a series of snorts. Kierra twitches. As her arm begins to wander, I think she’s going to wake up. I jump as it slides between my legs to wrap around my limp member. My wife makes a pleased sound as she goes back to sleep.

Geneva laughs louder, this time Fen joining in. “Pffthahaha! Master is truly great. If only you could see what’s going through her mind.”

I have a pretty good idea what she’s thinking. Heh, knew what was going through her mind when I married her. Sigh. I don’t think I’m going to be getting up for a while. My stomach growls in complaint. Geneva, will you be a friend and get me breakfast?

“I’d be delighted but…ah, I think you may have to disturb Master. There seems to be a commotion going on.”

“Grrrrr.” Commotion? Something tells me that isn’t good, a feeling that’s reinforced as the two succubi get to their feet with serious expressions.

“Lou, Gordon Senior has just crashed into the manor with several dozen members of the city garrison. They’re in the process of securing rooms. It won’t be long before one of the servants squeals…mm. Yes, he’s on his way to this room right now with four others.”

Talk about a wake-up call. I lift Kierra off me, ignoring her unhappy whine as I roll off the bed. I’m already in my elemental form by the time I get to my feet and in the next second, I’m human again. “How much time?” I ask as I move to the closet.

“About a minute. He’s really hurrying.”

“Belolial with him?”

“Mm. She seems quite excited to see me.” From the look on her face, I somehow doubt that’s the right word, but I’m too distracted to respond, pulling a nightgown over my head. Not the most dignified appearance to show my enemy but not much more I can do with less than a minute.

I can hear loud arguing and trooping footsteps coming down the hall. There’s a crash, suggesting a scuffle, and then the door is kicked open.

Gordon Grimoire enters the room, his black robe lined with red tight against his powerful frame, an immaculately groomed barbarian as he tosses his heavy glare across the room. At his side is a woman made of black stone, with two thick horns curving backward over her head.

That’s the only way I can describe her. It’s as if someone sculpted a masterpiece and then the old gods breathed life into it. Where her eyes would be are two orange pools that swim and sway. It’s a rough and untouchable beauty, but beauty it still is. They seem to burn brighter as they look at me, something Gordon doesn’t notice from her place at his back.

Uncle bursts into the room but is caught by the two soldiers at the door. “Gordon, you bastard! Don’t think you can get away with this! The king will hear about—”

“Shut that idiot up,” Senior says without turning around. “Throw him out and secure the house. No one leaves. I’ll deal with them later.”

 

326